R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #2461
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHckbOY5
wheres the cheapest place i can get an EU spec t2 007?
Check the For Sale Thread here, I think I saw one today that was like brand new for $350 with the battery strap and motor gaurd. Also try your local hobby shop or track, $389 is the lowest I have seen them, at Nexus or Stormer
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #2462
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527
does any one know the size of the bearings that come with the x-ray rear blocks???
rear hub ?
5x10x4

if Alum. rear hub 5x9x3
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #2463
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jason,

I want pictures!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to come up with something for the outdoor season, don't make me buy an xray eu chassis
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #2464
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any idea what good does tha alu rear uprights, steering arms and C-hubs does to the driving?
hondakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:28 PM   #2465
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
Jason,

I want pictures!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to come up with something for the outdoor season, don't make me buy an xray eu chassis
sorry bro,i forgot. here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T2'007-007-asphalt-kit.jpg  
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #2466
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Jason,

Looks like nice work as always man!

How's things in Florida treating you...?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #2467
Tech Lord

pretty good bro.we just moved into our new house and getting things up and going.dumping alot of money into it with window treatments,furniture,landscaping.it gets expensive.check out my new landscape we just did.it will be real nice when it get filled in more.all in all,im happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T2'007-house-pic.jpg  
J Concepts
Old 05-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #2468
The Evicerator

Looks niiiiiiiiiiiice dude! You're gonna have to display it on RC Cribs for us all at some point
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #2469
Tech Lord

thanks bro.im working on my home theater room which should be real pimp when im done.im going with the 92 inch screen on the wall and making the room look like a movie theater.im not big into watching movies that often but it will be killer for boxing and UFC
J Concepts
Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #2470
The Evicerator

Sounds like a good deal dude!

Gotta get time to unwind when you're gonna be dealing with Adrian all day from now on
Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #2471
Tech Lord

yeah.its nice though,i have got a chance to relax a little and do things other than racing for a little while.it was a nice break.now im gonna race 1 weekend and do more house things the following weekend.i have also got into making super hich end home audio stuff.im working on a set of home theater speaker enclosures right now that are going to retail for 30g.frigging things weigh about 250 lbs. a piece. 1 1/4 thick aluminum machined real fancy with sickiningly expensive components going in them.
J Concepts
Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #2472
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quick questions guys;

I noticed that the diff's on my EU T2 are relatively 'loose'. I normally run pan cars and we crank on our diffs. So I tightened my front and rear diff and little and noticed that my car pushed really bad. Could someone explain to me how to dail in diff set ups, or point me to some good articles. Cause and effect type explainations are always welcome!

Also, what happens with a loose belt vs a tight belt?

Thanks in advance!
TMcKinney711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #2473
The Evicerator

TK,

The general rule of thumb with a rear diff is to run it as loose as possible without it slipping at all.

There is definately some worth in tightening your diff beyond this as far as a tuning aid goes... but generally speaking most people have bigger fish to fry setup-wise than miniscule changes to their rear diff tightness!

If your rear diff is set on the tight side it will cause your car to understeer... WAY too tight and it can cause your rear end to loose traction!

I suspect that your rear diff just might be set a bit too tight for your liking.

With regards to the front diff on the EU car I would generally see people running spools or one ways in the front... Running a diff up front can cause a number of unwanted problems... it will not pull out of the corners as hard as a spool or a one way... one of yoru front tires will tend to "diff out" causing you to loose power and in effect accelleration out of corners, etc.

That being said from an accelleration standpoint you want you front diff to be as tight as possible so that there is minimal slip.

The front diff being this tight can cause understeer into the corners though...a looser front diff will get into the corner harder than a tighter one.

I really recommend a spool up front for pretty much any rubber tire asphalt application.... you will have to make some other setup changes to get the steering feel back to where you want it...but you will always be faster around the track because of the ability to brake and accellerate hard with a spool.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #2474
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
pretty good bro.we just moved into our new house and getting things up and going.dumping alot of money into it with window treatments,furniture,landscaping.it gets expensive.check out my new landscape we just did.it will be real nice when it get filled in more.all in all,im happy with it.
S.O.B....You need any more help down there in the shop? LOL Great looking place there Jay!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:09 AM   #2475
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
thanks bro.im working on my home theater room which should be real pimp when im done.im going with the 92 inch screen on the wall and making the room look like a movie theater.im not big into watching movies that often but it will be killer for boxing and UFC
When's the house warming? I'll schedule a lil vacation for my family if you have a guest room.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote