R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #1921
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschejim911

Could it be that my car is set up so it has to turn too far and the angle makes it easy to break everything? I have the steering going to about 17 degrees with this setup.
The angle you have is about right. I measured mine and it is around 17 degrees. I had the same type of break quite a few times. Knuckles go with C-Hubs in half of the time... that's how it goes I guess. and yes I also have the pdub bumper. what seemed to help a lot is widen the track width (which is a must on carpet foam anyway), now I don't have the shaft "sticking out" over the wheel nut so less chance to get grabbed by the board. (I just hope this makes any sense in english ). If you use the stock track width you may want to grind away the sticking out part of the shaft. It won't solve the problem but will help a lot.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #1922
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah I thought that was the problem originally. Thought the threads were grabbing the wood. So I have the nut flush with the threads now and it hasn't helped. I guess it must be the rubber really grabbing. That or the front of the car is like glass. Thanks for the tip though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
The angle you have is about right. I measured mine and it is around 17 degrees. I had the same type of break quite a few times. Knuckles go with C-Hubs in half of the time... that's how it goes I guess. and yes I also have the pdub bumper. what seemed to help a lot is widen the track width (which is a must on carpet foam anyway), now I don't have the shaft "sticking out" over the wheel nut so less chance to get grabbed by the board. (I just hope this makes any sense in english ). If you use the stock track width you may want to grind away the sticking out part of the shaft. It won't solve the problem but will help a lot.
Duratrax ICE
porschejim911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #1923
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
it's almost time to go asphalt racing. I'll be practicing some mod set up's this Saturday (weather permitting) and then putting it down for the first points race on March 3rd. Looking forward to running this car on the black top after the killer performance on the rug with it.
Use my stock setup ...it's faster than modified was last weekend
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #1924
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
The T2 and T2 007 have all plastic parts except the steering bellcrank in common. The arms are stiffer in the US kit for foam tire racing. The chassis while the flex points are slightly different, is completely interchangeable. The major difference comes in the bulkheads and top deck. So if you decide to pick up a T2 you will have plenty of parts availability.

Butter
hmmmm ...I better check this out ...I bought a new UK version (using it for stock racing) , and a used US version (using it for 19T) *converted* to a UK (the guy got new chassis, upperdeck and multidiff), but I wonder if he changed out the arms ...is there some kind of marking on them or something where I can tell which arms they are?
Old 02-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #1925
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Extra hard arms have "XH" imbedded on them small and the regular ones have "H"
Old 02-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #1926
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
hmmmm ...I better check this out ...I bought a new UK version (using it for stock racing) , and a used US version (using it for 19T) *converted* to a UK (the guy got new chassis, upperdeck and multidiff), but I wonder if he changed out the arms ...is there some kind of marking on them or something where I can tell which arms they are?

Harshguy- The XH arms are for your foam car..although they can conceivably be used for stock racing on a high bite asphalt track. It's a tuning option. You don't HAVE to use the XH arms it just frees the car up some and gets rid of some of the traction that the car makes mechanically as well as all the traction of a carpet track.

Hope this helps...

Butter
Old 02-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #1927
Tech Master

Can anyone actually feel the difference between H and XH arms?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #1928
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
the XH arms seem to break a little easier .
Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #1929
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
On the 007 especially I believe. The car makes so much traction that when you run the XH arms you can tell the car is more free. It is particularly noticeable on carpet with foam tires.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #1930
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
i cant but Im not a pro either, I know the XH arms DO break easier though.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #1931
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
the XH arms seem to break a little easier .
I second that, I can't remember braking ANY rear arms before on any of my xrays (I had 5 of them) but I managed to snap one on my 007, changed to medium arms can't feel the difference
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #1932
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse

anyone have an extra battery strap they would like to part with? i cant find one anywhere, and if i tape myself to the car again i am just gonna hit the throttle and end it all
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #1933
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01

There is definitely a sweet spot that always breaks, I switched to alum knuckles but I think the chubs broke easier, and it was taking the rim out with it, so I for alum c hubs now and its been better. I did break the arm once, but that was a bad hit. I just have to figure out how to check them now to make sure they alum isn't bending.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #1934
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Harshguy- The XH arms are for your foam car..although they can conceivably be used for stock racing on a high bite asphalt track. It's a tuning option. You don't HAVE to use the XH arms it just frees the car up some and gets rid of some of the traction that the car makes mechanically as well as all the traction of a carpet track.

Hope this helps...

Butter

SO I checked out the cars, the stock car (the new EU kit) had "H's" all the way around, the 19T car (the used started as a US then turned into a EU kit) had "H" in front and "XH" in back ....guess I'll be swapping those rear arms out
Old 02-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #1935
Tech Addict

Default Thanks Xray

I just want to say thanks to Xray Canada (Canwest RC) for a great car and Greg Mills for a great setup. (I hope he posts it on the Xray site for all to see and use!) I was able to TQ and win the stock class at the WCICS race in Regina this weekend. In fact, all the TC classes were taken by Xray 007's.

Rod Littau
slotcarrod is offline   Reply With Quote