R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #1711
Tech Initiate

Default X-Ray T2 '007 (Parts Quality Fit/Finish)

Hi, just wondering whether anyone that already has a '007 kit has exp any flaws in parts quality fit/finish. Reason I ask is I just read a review for the '007 US Spec edition kit in the current issue of Xtreme RC Cars magazine, and it mentioned the spur gear in the kit they tested touched the rear flex plate and had to be filed for clearance. I was surprised when I read that because I know X-Ray has an excellent rep in the parts quality fit/finish dept.

I'm seriously considering going ahead and buying a '007 kit. Anyone else had or heard of any issues with parts quality fit/finish?
CAT Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #1712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Herrmann
just got mine done in Blue, I will post pics when it is back together. Which should be this week since I need it for the birds next week. lol

Jim

Herrmann post your pics of the blue 007

please
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:30 PM   #1713
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Dam, I could have my Losi 8ight, CR Buggy and the CR truck coming out too! that should be under 400 peices also!

Yes, please do post the Blue 007, im going to have it done after this season

EA, what was teh turn around time for the ano?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #1714
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT Productions
Hi, just wondering whether anyone that already has a '007 kit has exp any flaws in parts quality fit/finish. Reason I ask is I just read a review for the '007 US Spec edition kit in the current issue of Xtreme RC Cars magazine, and it mentioned the spur gear in the kit they tested touched the rear flex plate and had to be filed for clearance...
No issues with parts fit at all, if the spur gear touches the deck most likely it's installed wrong, flip it 180 and it'll be fine...
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #1715
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchorr
Dam, I could have my Losi 8ight, CR Buggy and the CR truck coming out too! that should be under 400 peices also!

Yes, please do post the Blue 007, im going to have it done after this season

EA, what was teh turn around time for the ano?
On mine it was about a day....but it depends on if they are doing other colors at the time and what their work load is. But anytime Hyperdrive has sent stuff up there its never been more than 3 days.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #1716
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Still 3days turnaround is fast,
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #1717
Tech Initiate

Default X-Ray T2 '007 (Parts Quality Fit/Finish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
No issues with parts fit at all, if the spur gear touches the deck most likely it's installed wrong, flip it 180 and it'll be fine...
O.K., thanks!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #1718
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Thanks to Iceracer, GTRtuned, adamge, & Jim Herrmann for all your help and tips on building the shocks, Ill try thame aal and see which helps.

Chris
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #1719
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla88
Hi at all!

I'm a very happy with my T2 '007 EU in italy but i have a "problem": at mid corner off throttle the car understeer...how to get rif of understeer? and at corner exit on power the car understeer too...how to get rid of? Now i have 2 camber in front and 1.5 in the rear...i start with 2 front and 3 rear! And i have 5 of downstop at front and 4.5 at rear...is better for my problem if i test 4.5 in front and 5 in rear?

Thanks to all!
Please post your full setup on the XRAY forum online setup sheets so we can take a look at everything. We'll need more info in order to give you better advice.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #1720
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT Productions
Hi, just wondering whether anyone that already has a '007 kit has exp any flaws in parts quality fit/finish. Reason I ask is I just read a review for the '007 US Spec edition kit in the current issue of Xtreme RC Cars magazine, and it mentioned the spur gear in the kit they tested touched the rear flex plate and had to be filed for clearance. I was surprised when I read that because I know X-Ray has an excellent rep in the parts quality fit/finish dept.

I'm seriously considering going ahead and buying a '007 kit. Anyone else had or heard of any issues with parts quality fit/finish?
I have both kits and I understand what you are talking about. I did have a similar issue when I put on a Kimbrough spur. It's super wide and it didn't have holes to let the motor wrench through. It sort of touched the chassis but it was a fat gear. Remember when buying a spur gear for the 007, you will need clearance holes for the motor wrench. If the spur gear doesn't have holes than you can drill a few holes around the gear making sure they are equal distance. Not sure who put the car together in the mag but I used the fattest gear and I still had a TQ & win at La Mirada. If you really want to make sure the spur fits, use an RW or J works gear and you're good to go.

RC America/ X-ray/ SRG www.superradgraphics.com/ Hudy/ R1wurks/ TeamBocaBearings
GTRtuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #1721
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRtuned
I have both kits and I understand what you are talking about. I did have a similar issue when I put on a Kimbrough spur. It's super wide and it didn't have holes to let the motor wrench through. It sort of touched the chassis but it was a fat gear. Remember when buying a spur gear for the 007, you will need clearance holes for the motor wrench. If the spur gear doesn't have holes than you can drill a few holes around the gear making sure they are equal distance. Not sure who put the car together in the mag but I used the fattest gear and I still had a TQ & win at La Mirada. If you really want to make sure the spur fits, use an RW or J works gear and you're good to go.
Great, thanks for the tips. The author of the article in the mag worded it as if it may have been a pre-production flaw or something like that. Who knows? Like I mentioned, I know X-Ray is known for top quality, so I doubt there's a flaw in the majority of kits (otherwise, I'm sure more people would be "screaming" about it).
Old 01-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #1722
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Xray spur gears are offset a good bit on one side, could have been soo noobish not to notice?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #1723
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same problem, nothing my dremel couldn't fix. I had to do a lot of grinding on the chassis for battery fit and for the spur gear. well worth it though!
"Gone But Not Forgotten" --- RC10T, RC10T3, RCTc4, XRay007, XXT, XXTcrGraphitePlus, XXXT, XXXTMF, XXXTMF2----
"Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #1724
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Spanky
I had the same problem, nothing my dremel couldn't fix. I had to do a lot of grinding on the chassis for battery fit and for the spur gear. well worth it though!
I hear that. O.K., just wondering, I know a lot of people are either in the TRF415 camp or the '007 camp. Curious as to how the quality of the 2 kits stack up. I think they're priced about the same. I also do think they both LOOK great. But does anyone have both kits to compare quality?

Last edited by CAT Productions; 01-30-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:19 AM   #1725
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default balance

my car is over weight t2007 with brushless.
Is it better to have left and right balance or just as light as possible.
NOOB-SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote