R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-15-2006, 10:09 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq
Mr. McGoo: Thank you for your answer. Racing is fun. I want fun and I don't want to lose. Winner is more fun then losing.

The meaning of fast car I memtioned is to setup my car to suit my driving style in order to run faster which I'm still seeking. As I told you guys, I been racing over 10 years and I know most of the thing for setting up the car and driving technique. Everything I can think of to run faster I already done. My lap time is under 0.3 sec different on every lap. I got consistant driving skill, car setup tech., unlimited hardwarew resource. What do I miss? I truely believe I need a master grade rc master in order to bring me into next level. Otherwise, just reading rctech everyday will not do me any improvement. Agree?

Agreed - i think we can only take ourselves so far in whatever we do, and we always need someone better than ourselves pushing us and mentoring us along the way...
Old 09-15-2006, 10:13 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have to diasagree. It helps to have someone better than yourself to push your abilities, but look at people who make it to the top and stay there. Michael Shumacher, Michael Jordon, Tiger woods. That comes from the dedication and will to succeed. It is harder to stay on top than to get on top.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I have to diasagree. It helps to have someone better than yourself to push your abilities, but look at people who make it to the top and stay there. Michael Shumacher, Michael Jordon, Tiger woods. That comes from the dedication and will to succeed. It is harder to stay on top than to get on top.
agreed - but they didn't get to where they were at without the help of someone "coaching" them along the way
Old 09-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Everyone is looking for that extra tenth of a second off their lap times (or seconds depending on how good you are!)

I still have a long way to go, but the longer I race an r/c car the more experience and knowledge I will find on the track and off it.

My wife taught me something very valuable,apply it anything in life.

Strong desire will oversee any difficulty in life.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a solution. Go to Sam's Club Warehouse and venture back in the hardware/automotive section. Wander the isles until you find the spray can section. Pick you up a few cans of "Better Driver" and "Better Mechanic". Sam's has them available in a 6-pack.

When you get to the track spray your self heavily with the "Better Mechanic" and start wrenching away. When your ready to hit the track spray yourself with the can of "Better Driver". Don't over do it as you need to save a little extra for race time. Don't show your hand until you have to............

Disclaimer:
These products have been known to cause serious itching, rectal bleeding, frequent violent tempers, and in a few cases "big head" disorder. If you experience any of these conditions "continue using the sprays" and consult your doctor or local bar.

Just playin' around guys but on a serious note, I have always found playing video games has always helped me with hand/eye coordination. I usually spent all night playin' games and felt a bit sharper the next day racing.

PRS - Hyperdrive - EA Motorsports - Corally USA - Parma/Faskolor - SMC - Killer Koncepts - MSA - Finishline - IRS - Lunsford - Trinity - Guarantee Graphix - RC4Less
Tornado_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 AM   #21
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Yeah MS cheated his way there. :P
Old 09-15-2006, 10:55 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Dumas has unnatural tallent. I remember watching him win a club race at RC Madness maybe 5 or 10 years ago. In 12th scale he ran the same lap time, for every qualfier and main. I mean the same time. No deviation.

Call it what you want. Some are just better than the rest. But you can bet that his maintenance routines help him manage.

Drake is very much the same. Ever look at the wiring on any of his cars / trucks? He is very detailed oriented. I know, the wiring will not let you win a main, but my point is that Drake is so detail oriented, he is able to make the minor changes that help him.
sepirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
I have a solution. Go to Sam's Club Warehouse and venture back in the hardware/automotive section. Wander the isles until you find the spray can section. Pick you up a few cans of "Better Driver" and "Better Mechanic". Sam's has them available in a 6-pack.

When you get to the track spray your self heavily with the "Better Mechanic" and start wrenching away. When your ready to hit the track spray yourself with the can of "Better Driver". Don't over do it as you need to save a little extra for race time. Don't show your hand until you have to............

Disclaimer:
These products have been known to cause serious itching, rectal bleeding, frequent violent tempers, and in a few cases "big head" disorder. If you experience any of these conditions "continue using the sprays" and consult your doctor or local bar.
now thats funny
Old 09-15-2006, 11:11 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you sure that the rectal bleeding was caused by the spray? I haven't had those symptoms.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Are you sure that the rectal bleeding was caused by the spray? I haven't had those symptoms.
.......................YET!

Pro-long and continued use causes tightening of the rectal muscles which can lead to bleeding. Under extreme conditions that is! lol

PRS - Hyperdrive - EA Motorsports - Corally USA - Parma/Faskolor - SMC - Killer Koncepts - MSA - Finishline - IRS - Lunsford - Trinity - Guarantee Graphix - RC4Less
Old 09-15-2006, 11:16 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

I can't use the sprays. I'm allergic to "going fast"....................

Old 09-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #27
Tech Adept

try this aswel

"practise=perminant, however
Pefect practise = perfect perminant skill...."
this is something i have recently learned and feel as if it is going to help...
laters
Andy
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:29 PM   #28
Tech Regular

In my experience, I have found that having confidence in your car is as important as confidence in yourself. That means not only having a good setup for your style, but having a meticulously maintained car as well. If you're not sure about your car, you can't(don't) attack the course like you should.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #29
Tech Rookie

at the vegas warm ups I watched blackstock run his car all day and eveytime he hit the track he gained a tenth, and thats what going fast is gaining a tenth at a time making changes to your car if you can run consistent laps, its in your car. something as little as a half mil shim somewhere can gain tenths. racing with fast people helps too, everytime I hit the fast guys lap he adds another 2 tenths for me to gain winning at a club leval does not matter its all about getting your car faster and learning what your car wants your car can always be better
R Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #30
Tech Master

#1. Race guys that are faster than you.
#2. Race at a variety of track + #1.
#3. Try some different types of racing ie offroad, oval, 12th scale.....
#4. HAVE FUN!!!!!!
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote