Wiki Posts
Search

Launch of Intellect Battery SC-4200 World Champion edition cell

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
What Danny says is 100% true. I tested all this past weekend with them at the Gate and didnt see an drastic difference between SHV's and the WC cell's other than the motor got hotter and fell off faster with the WC's....but that's not a problem to Handle!!

Ive got 13 cycles on one pack now and on the 13th cycle it was better than the very first cycle...slightly more RT, More voltage and a LOT lower IR's.

EA
Were you running stock, 19t or mod? Did you charge, discharge, etc. the same as the SHV?
Old 09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anybody notice how quickly and happily (and quietly) people get in line, with a wink and a nod, and "oh we're ready to sell them today!"

Congratulations on having your new cells ready to go for the big races. Good job on selectively embracing and promoting new technology. It's impressive to see how quickly things are accepted when the big players are behind them. You guys are the best. I can't imagine why anybody would ever feel any animosity toward this whole process, or the people involved.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wonder if my matcher got ahold of any, I will have to give him a call tonight.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
SMC will have packs in Vegas and I'm sure EA , Brood and others will have them there as well.
Yup, we will have packs from SMC, Brood and EA in stock at the track.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Anybody notice how quickly and happily (and quietly) people get in line, with a wink and a nod, and "oh we're ready to sell them today!"

Congratulations on having your new cells ready to go for the big races. Good job on selectively embracing and promoting new technology. It's impressive to see how quickly things are accepted when the big players are behind them. You guys are the best. I can't imagine why anybody would ever feel any animosity toward this whole process, or the people involved.

There are new motors , cars , parts , tires , discharge trays and other stuff coming out all the time. Why should batteries stay the same ?

The majority of racers that I know will buy a few new packs once in awhile and once something new comes out they will buy a few more and practice with his older packs.

The racer in us makes us want to have the latest and greatest and we feel this will make us faster.

If you take the winning cars at Vegas and make them run SHVs instead of WC cells they will most likely still win because car setup and driving is way more important than .01 increase in voltage and a .2 drop in IR.

Intellect has done a great job at supplying our sport/hobby with high performance cells and they keep trying to improve the design of the cell. The consistecy from batches we receive is very good which means there will always be plenty of top grade cells to sell to everyone which is actually great for the unsponsored racer. It use to be that you get a batch of cells and it was better than the previous lot or lower now there is allot of consistency due to Intellects efforts.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think the trick is that now a days you should only buy 1 or 2 packs at a time.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Any other matchers or did we get them all

Tim that is funny man. HAHAHA
Old 09-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Tim that is funny man. HAHAHA
Yeah it was kinda funny how 4 of them posted right in a row with "I have them too!".

FullThrottle get them in?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

This is what annoys me... I was actually just about to purchase 3 6-cell and 3 4-cell packs and now we got the new "latest and greatest" batteries...

Who's got some? I'd really like to have some new packs by next weekend or so....
Old 09-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Hmmm rather then rushing out and getting these if it were me I would wait for them to drop the prices on the SHVs and pick those up at a good deal. Like was stated earlier I doubt you will see a difference in lap times with these.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hmmm rather then rushing out and getting these if it were me I would wait for them to drop the prices on the SHVs and pick those up at a good deal. Like was stated earlier I doubt you will see a difference in lap times with these.
These replace the SHV and will stay the same price.

People need to get into the mentality that batteries are replaced every 3 months and only buy 1-2 packs at a time.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
These replace the SHV and will stay the same price.

People need to get into the mentality that batteries are replaced every 3 months and only buy 1-2 packs at a time.
Yes but there is existing inventory they will reduce the price on. They wont keep SHV and WC on the shelf together at the same price. The SHV would just sit.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any other matchers or did we get them all
Yep, we'll be carrying them as well. Website will be updated tomorrow. No price increase at all, maybe even a slight price decrease!
Old 09-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

I took last year off, I've got 3300's that are at least 2 years old... I need new batteries.... Like I said I was looking to buy batteries this week...
Old 09-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

are these new WC cells packaged the same manner as the SHVs? is there a way to differentiate between the WC and SHV cells physically, such as being labelled "SHV WC" or a different coloured paper washer at the +ve side of the cell? thanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.