R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Check this out!
Weren't those the last words of the Famous Hillbilly Stuntman Yokel VonDurtbag?

I say what I want.....
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santinuchi
hmmm thats funny stuff, my point here is...
and I realize that this isnt r/c related....directly, but.....
indirectly it is.....
we cant leave a part off of an r/c machine and expect it to work without flaw as it's designed to correct? We have lost how many good people and 100's of millions of dollars in our space program due to things that were supposedly not due to human error, how can NASA in good confiidence build a fully functional SPACE STATION and leave nut and bolt out and expect it to work without flaw.....do we not learn from our mistakes especially when the consequence is at the expence of someone elses life?.....if i forget to snug down a set screw for a hinge pin and the pin backs out and i break an arm i'm gonna correct it for the next run....it's all relative......
If you know that you are missing a screw or nut on your car, can get by without said screw or nut, you make a mental note of which one is missing and replace it the next time you can. If you have never noticed a missing screw on your car after a race that you just completed, congradulations, you are one of the few.

Realize that racing chassis, like the ones that we use are minimalist engineered. Everything has a purpose. Not much of a safety factor. Matter of fact, the safety factor is often built in with size, not quantity.

When it comes to other things in life, there is redundant safety factors. Airplane wings are riveted together with far more rivets than are necessary for that wing to operate.

Who's to say that the parts of the space station is not engineered with a safety factor of 1 or of 100. If they didn't park the stuff back into the shuttle bay to take back to earth because they couldn't properly assemble it, chances are that whatever hardware that is holding that part of it together is more than adequate, until next time they make a trip out and can put in the missing bolt.

What effect does microgravity have on something that has no forces acting on it? Whatever is up there will more than likely be fine in dorment condition until they can get back out there to finish the job.

And to answer the question of intelligent people being on this forum... there are equal amounts of people here that, while they may be intelligent, severely mis-manage their synaptic activities.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #18
Tech Regular

You guys need girlfirends
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach
That's funny...I'm sitting here with yours right now. She's doin' a little "downhill skiing".
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
You know you wanted to comment on finishing the race with a loose nut part...
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Oh yeah.....forgot to mention that....well...ummm....you're right.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay70
If you know that you are missing a screw or nut on your car, can get by without said screw or nut, you make a mental note of which one is missing and replace it the next time you can. If you have never noticed a missing screw on your car after a race that you just completed, congradulations, you are one of the few.

Realize that racing chassis, like the ones that we use are minimalist engineered. Everything has a purpose. Not much of a safety factor. Matter of fact, the safety factor is often built in with size, not quantity.

When it comes to other things in life, there is redundant safety factors. Airplane wings are riveted together with far more rivets than are necessary for that wing to operate.

Who's to say that the parts of the space station is not engineered with a safety factor of 1 or of 100. If they didn't park the stuff back into the shuttle bay to take back to earth because they couldn't properly assemble it, chances are that whatever hardware that is holding that part of it together is more than adequate, until next time they make a trip out and can put in the missing bolt.

What effect does microgravity have on something that has no forces acting on it? Whatever is up there will more than likely be fine in dorment condition until they can get back out there to finish the job.

And to answer the question of intelligent people being on this forum... there are equal amounts of people here that, while they may be intelligent, severely mis-manage their synaptic activities.
point very well taken, and that my friends is why i started the thread, because I had faith that someone out there could help me to understand what i did not see......or understand myself....Thank you!!!!!!
santinuchi is offline   Reply With Quote