R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Default problems with my cars

I've post this one also in the MR4TC SD thread but maybe someone else has the right answer:
I have problems with my car Yokomo SD LCG: I run standard shocks with white springs and blue front. One way drive with Atomic outdrives front and diff with Excell outdrives on the rear (ceramic balls). Pistons are the standard.
Problem is that my car is sliding and not controlable. Ride height is 5mm f&R. In every corner it spins. What can I do this to solve this. I run RP tires alaround on asphalt.
Please help.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:30 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Check the rear toe
bozla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:56 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

check droop and for binding and then for a bad one was bearing or maybe a broken drive pin?/
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:06 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

check all equip of your car FIRST! Is it free . Bearing / steering / shaft ETC. the Set-up comes second. My car 415msx had the same problem.I change set-up for 2 month but nothing better.I founded that the problem IS one-way . It can't free the same.Now my car is stable and easy to controll.
khunballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:46 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

HI,

I had promblems with my t2, check for your rear diff being too tight and
and pushing the back end out. another thing is, on the wishbones on the rear move the bottom of the shocks the the inside thus giving a more stable rear end the control round the corners!

Hope this helps
luke humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Thanks guys for the solutions, I am gonna try it.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

also try putting more roll in your radio . this will help with the rear end comming around when you hit the brakes . if you use them . dial out some break too .. then adjust your when and where you get on the throttle in the corners ... have fun and hope this helps ..
markb.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
I've post this one also in the MR4TC SD thread but maybe someone else has the right answer:
I have problems with my car Yokomo SD LCG: I run standard shocks with white springs and blue front. One way drive with Atomic outdrives front and diff with Excell outdrives on the rear (ceramic balls). Pistons are the standard.
Problem is that my car is sliding and not controlable. Ride height is 5mm f&R. In every corner it spins. What can I do this to solve this. I run RP tires alaround on asphalt.
Please help.
Just a thought.... I just built my LCG, the manual tells us to install white springs on the front (firmer) and blue (softer) in the rear. You have indicated that you have blue front and white rears, unless I've missed something. An overly soft front suspension combined with front one way would cause ridiculous oversteer off power and depending on droop could cause mid corner and on power issues as well.