R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Unhappy RC Cars for little Brothers..RTR.. Need Help

hi guys... i need alittle help..after my little brothers saw my TC4... they want one really badly..i was wondering if theres any "Fast/doesnt cost Much $.$ RTR" that they can start with..i think no more then $150 if theres any.. well ok make it under 200....

and one that could be upgrade like TC4
RCNooB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

You could try a traxxas rustler, or electric 4-tec if he wants on road, there under 200 with a radio and ready to go, all they'll need is batteries.
buttheadtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/18th scale

I know that these are trucks. But you ought to look at 1/18th scale. I have and race 2 Associated RC18T's on carpet tracks with my son.

Losi Mini T $99.95
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p583.html
Associated RC18T $144.95
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p658.html
Free shipping on both of these and the hop ups are unlimited
mentallylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

im looking for an ON-Road RC Car.... and it could be upgrade like TC4 /motor/ESC etc.....
Old 09-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

forgot about rc18t's we have as many people run those as ant thing Else's on and off road, or oval
buttheadtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

RTR or kits i can try to build it....
Old 09-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to teammidget lilB

xxxs

U.S. Army @ Camp Humphreys, South Korea
teammidget lilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Default age?

how old are they?
chicagokenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNooB
hi guys... i need alittle help..after my little brothers saw my TC4... they want one really badly..i was wondering if theres any "Fast/doesnt cost Much $.$ RTR" that they can start with..i think no more then $150 if theres any.. well ok make it under 200....

and one that could be upgrade like TC4
I honestly think a RTR TC4 would be your best bet. Or I think the Losi XXX-S comes in rtr form. Both of these are over $200 not much else around. Unless you can find a used touring car that someone will make rtr. A 4-Tec from traxxas wouldn't be bad but upgrades are few. I would probably go with the rtr TC4 though. Since you already have one you probably would have spares to borrow your brother.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 09-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Losi XXX-S and TC4 is a bit too much....i was thinking about kits.....btw they are in there teens....

can you ungrade the Motor and ESC so.. it could be fast..they love the fast cars...
Old 09-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Losi XXX-S and TC4 is a bit too much....i was thinking about kits.....btw they are in there teens....

can you ungrade the Motor and ESC so.. it could be fast..they love the fast cars...
Both of those can have the motor & esc upgraded. The TC4 rtr can be upgraded to a factory team TC4. Associated & Losi are the only you will find within that price. Both are over but have a good amount of upgrades as well as parts supply. The 4-Tec has a few upgrades avaliable but not major ones. The TC4 can be purchased as a kit. The XXX-S I am not 100% sure if they are still for sale as kits. Also if they are looking for just a kit. A tamiya TA05 would be another great choice. It has alot of upgrades just like the TC4 & XXX-S but the kit is between $125.00-165.00. The price varies on where you buy it. Make sure when buying rc products you support your local hobby shop. If you have to drive along distance(More than an hour) check out speedtechrc.com if you do it online. I have heard nothing but great things about that online shop. If you live in cali they even have a regular hobby shop I think.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 09-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

The RC18T is a very versatile vehicle. And yes it can be upgraded to go very fast. Tony Phalen recently ran his in a speed attempt and hit 73.4 mph with an almost stock set up except for a 6800 mamba brushless motor, 4 cell lipo battery, 1/12th scale body, and 1/12th scale springs. Towards then end of the track the radio glitched, the car turned left and launched the car about 20 feet in the air before crashing back down to the track. That truck drove back to Tony and the only damage done was a stripped spur gear. A $2.99 part.

p.s. I race mine both on road and off road
mentallylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #13
Tech Initiate

so.. the RC18T is on-road and off-road.. thats COOL! can u give my more info on that car?.. thanks
Old 09-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Default ages

I have two boys who race with me. When we started the youngest was 4 and is now 8 and the other was 10 and is now 15.

Age of the racer/basher is a huge factor in what vehicle to start them off with.
chicagokenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
so.. the RC18T is on-road and off-road.. thats COOL! can u give my more info on that car?.. thanks
The 18T or Mini-T are also a great choice as well. You said onroad & I assumed 1/10th scale also. If they don't care about using a 1/18th scale or offroad & onroad. Get some info on both of those little trucks as well.

Peace Aaron(W-W)