Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Radio swap..is it worth it? >

Radio swap..is it worth it?

Radio swap..is it worth it?

Reply

Old 09-09-2006, 03:54 AM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (-1)
 
Got Xray?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: nsw
Posts: 877
Default Radio swap..is it worth it?

Hi all,

Im a left handed driver so im always whacking people with my radio aerial,so i decided to get a radio that can go either way.

I found an M8 with spektrum and radio bag and the original module and reciver advertised on rctech.(with all documnets)

So i offered my ko helios(signed by atsushi hara), futaba 2ch 3pm radio(the one that comes with iwaver 02's) and a blue bird high speed servo.(with box and all docuuments)

he agreed and so did i,but now people are telling me its not a good trade

should i go thru with it?Is it a fair trade?
Got Xray? is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:52 AM
  #2  
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 718
Default

If you really need a lefthanded radio, then its a good deal. But, radio-for-radio, I think the Helios feels better.
academygaz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:42 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Got Xray?
Hi all,

Im a left handed driver so im always whacking people with my radio aerial,so i decided to get a radio that can go either way.

I found an M8 with spektrum and radio bag and the original module and reciver advertised on rctech.(with all documnets)

So i offered my ko helios(signed by atsushi hara), futaba 2ch 3pm radio(the one that comes with iwaver 02's) and a blue bird high speed servo.(with box and all docuuments)

he agreed and so did i,but now people are telling me its not a good trade

should i go thru with it?Is it a fair trade?
Let me get this right. You want to trade your Hara signed Helios (and other items) for an M8? IT IS A GREAT DEAL FOR THE OTHER GUY!!! If I were you, I would get out of deal (if it is not too late and you did not make a committment) for the simple fact that you can find a used M8 for well under $100 (ebay or rctech). If money is tight, sell your equipment, dont just give it away. That is not an even trade at all. I have a Helios and I have an M8 (backup) and they are not even close. Do yourself a favor and say no.

Good Luck
Loren

Last edited by llamont; 09-09-2006 at 11:44 AM.
llamont is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:51 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Rob Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis / VA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Don't do it! Maybe I could see trading for a 3PKs or maybe a M11, but like mentioned, you can get a M8 for less that a $100. I would recommend the 3PK over the M11 though, 3PK is much lighter, has drop down wheel, left hand friendly, PCM compatable, and Futaba is always rock solid when come to signal strength and glitching issues.
Rob Phillips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:54 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,934
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

If you committed to doing this deal then by all means you should do it.
Jack Smash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:33 AM
  #6  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
If you committed to doing this deal then by all means you should do it.
Agreed...

Because if you get a rep for backing out of deals, this bad trade...(and YES it is a bad trade for you)...may be the last one anyone wants to do with you.

Before you agree to a deal is the time to ask "is this good", not afterward.

Your choice though...
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:45 AM
  #7  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Agreed...

Because if you get a rep for backing out of deals, this bad trade...(and YES it is a bad trade for you)...may be the last one anyone wants to do with you.

Before you agree to a deal is the time to ask "is this good", not afterward.

Your choice though...
Good point.
llamont is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:31 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

That's an unfair deal, the other guy should know this and accept that Got Xray want's to get out. If he wanted to leave a negative feedback then so be it. What he would say? Got Xray is bad because he didn't give me his Helios for my hundred year old M8 :

I just bought my helios for 300+ (with wheel extension) even the M11 cost less.
cvt01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:05 PM
  #9  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (-1)
 
Got Xray?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: nsw
Posts: 877
Default

Thanks heaps guys thats just what i thought.
I Might Just Sell The Stuff And Look For The M11.

Thank you all,
Nick
Got Xray? is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:39 PM
  #10  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cvt01
If he wanted to leave a negative feedback then so be it. What he would say? Got Xray is bad because he didn't give me his Helios for my hundred year old M8 :
No, the person would say, 'I agreed to a business deal with him and he back out of it'.

Now he says he will sell it instead. What if he agrees to sell it for what seems like a good price, then after that, someone comes along and offers him $30-$40 more. Should he just back out of that too?

Bad deals sometimes happen. Thats why you do your research before agreeing to a deal.

But hey, its his buyer/seller rep, so again its his choice.
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:48 PM
  #11  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Darkseid
No, the person would say, 'I agreed to a business deal with him and he back out of it'.

Now he says he will sell it instead. What if he agrees to sell it for what seems like a good price, then after that, someone comes along and offers him $30-$40 more. Should he just back out of that too?

Bad deals sometimes happen. Thats why you do your research before agreeing to a deal.

But hey, its his buyer/seller rep, so again its his choice.
Getting out of the deal may not seem like an ethically sound decision but the trade is a bad deal in itself. I wouldnt want to gain a reputation for going back on my word and getting out of deals. On the other hand watching someone get screwed in a bad deal (due to lack of knowledge) is not cool either. If I did back out, I would let the other party know why I changed my mind. Then, if he still decided to leave bad feedback... oh well. Just dont make a habbit of the same behavior. Do your research and ask questions before making the decisions.

I had a seller back out of a deal with me last year (after I sent the money). Initially I was upset but I purchased the same item shortly after (I got my money back) and all was good. There was no negative feedback left b/c the guy let me know about his situation. If there has not been a valiant effort to complete the deal (money sent or package mailed), I would inform the other party and keep my radio. Good luck.

Loren
llamont is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:58 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,934
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Well, I guess some people value their integrity, others dont.
Jack Smash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:41 PM
  #13  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Well, I guess some people value their integrity, others dont.
First of all, there is no need to question anyone's integrity here. I dont think anyone (who has posted on this thread) had the intentions of being deceptive or dishonest in their posts. A person wanted to know if they were getting a good deal on an equipment trade... a majority of the replies seem to think the deal was unfair from the start. I would have done my research before agreeing to make the trade but that is me. I dont know the whole story and I won't judge anybody (that's not my call anyway). If you feel that someone is dishonest, dont do business with them.

Thanks
Loren
llamont is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:25 PM
  #14  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (-1)
 
Got Xray?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: nsw
Posts: 877
Default

I let him know,no bad feedback or anything was left.
Its all good now and ive decided to look for an M11

Also thanks for backing me up lamont
Got Xray? is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:39 AM
  #15  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 181
Default

Originally Posted by Got Xray?
I let him know,no bad feedback or anything was left.
Its all good now and ive decided to look for an M11

Also thanks for backing me up lamont
If I had anything signed by anyone like Hara, I would definitely keep it...
D_o_S is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service