R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Exclamation Can't get breaks to work on my ESC, help!

Hey all,

I am currently running a novak explorer II speed control with my JR XR3 radio on a SC18 car. When I go to set it up, the throttle works fine, but I don't get any breaks. When I go to use them, the light goes out but it doesn't start showing green like it says in the manual. If I however reverse my throttle setting (basically like a servo reverse switch) my breaks do come on but then everything else is not right, at least though I know that the breaks do work.

Is there something I am not doing right when setting up the radio to work with the ESC? I noticed that I couldn't get breaks to work on my cyclone with this radio unless I had at least 30 set on the BRG when using the A thumb button to set it. I have tried this on the BRP car, but it doesn't work, Any ideas?

Thanks.

Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:44 PM   #2
Tech Addict

sounds like you fried your brakes, its just wear on the fet or a manu. fault. My brakes went on my v7.1 and my keyence, oh also you could have the brakes set to high when you run mod and use it like a on off switch. full-brake-full-brake will also get them hot and they may burn up. call novak.
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:57 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper
Default Re: Can't get breaks to work on my ESC, help!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
Hey all,

I am currently running a novak explorer II speed control with my JR XR3 radio on a SC18 car. When I go to set it up, the throttle works fine, but I don't get any breaks. When I go to use them, the light goes out but it doesn't start showing green like it says in the manual. If I however reverse my throttle setting (basically like a servo reverse switch) my breaks do come on but then everything else is not right, at least though I know that the breaks do work.

Thanks.
Cain - try this link JR radio settings
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #4
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try. Some of the terms they use are alittle confusing, if I have trouble I will post.

Thanks again.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:08 PM   #5
Tech Master

Hello, the ESC sounds like it needs to be "setup" still. Review your manual regarding the One Touch Setup. Manuals can be found in the DOWNLOAD section of www.teamnovak.com You can email me if you need some help. Thanks

Charlie Suangka
Novak Electronics,
[email protected]
949-833-8873
Old 02-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #6
Tech Legend

That did the trick. I reset my Explorer II and my Cyclone as well. My XXX-S equipped with the cyclone even sounded a little faster as well. Will be fun to see how the fix does at the track.