R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Help Ive got no Brakes!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/128423-help-ive-got-no-brakes.html)

TRFTIM 09-06-2006 12:18 PM

Help Ive got no Brakes!!!

I have a Novak Tc Cyclone and seem to have no brakes, everything flashes on the esc as its spose to plus my EPA are at 120 percent. :weird:

What have I done???

Cheers

Tim

santinuchi 09-06-2006 12:49 PM

hmmm

Originally Posted by TRFTIM
I have a Novak Tc Cyclone and seem to have no brakes, everything flashes on the esc as its spose to plus my EPA are at 120 percent. :weird:

What have I done???

Cheers

Tim

if you have no brakes at all, that cyclone is on it's way out....i've had 2 do the exact same thing. i dont want to alamr you but that was my experience in the last 4 months.....are you running mod?

TRFTIM 09-06-2006 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by santinuchi
if you have no brakes at all, that cyclone is on it's way out....i've had 2 do the exact same thing. i dont want to alamr you but that was my experience in the last 4 months.....are you running mod?

I m running stock for the time being, it seems to be intermittent sometimes i have brakes sometimes I havent.

Is i the FETs on the way out?

Stampede 09-06-2006 01:00 PM

Put your EPA back to 100, reset your ESC. If that doesn't work....Well, as Mr. Santinuchi said, she's done son. I had the same experience with my Cyclone.

Steve Weiss 09-06-2006 01:06 PM

Like everyone else has mentioned try reprogramming your ESC and giving it another shot.

If it still doesn't work it means that the brake fets are probably shot.

99% of the time when I see this sort of thing it is the result of not running a schottky diode on the motor.

A schottky diode acts sort of like a one way valve protecting the ESC (the brake fets are first in line on the way back) from back voltage/current that is caused from braking and from coasting.

Unfortunately, adding a schottky diode now will not give your ESC its brakes back.

TRFTIM 09-06-2006 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Like everyone else has mentioned try reprogramming your ESC and giving it another shot.

If it still doesn't work it means that the brake fets are probably shot.

99% of the time when I see this sort of thing it is the result of not running a schottky diode on the motor.

A schottky diode acts sort of like a one way valve protecting the ESC (the brake fets are first in line on the way back) from back voltage/current that is caused from braking and from coasting.

Unfortunately, adding a schottky diode now will not give your ESC its brakes back.

Thanks alot Guys

really helpful.

Oh Well looks like ill have to buy A GT7 or alike :nod: or an esc with similar spec( suggestions appreciated)

Thanks again

Tim

Ps anyone want to buy a Novak cyclone forward only :lol: