R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #91
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I think you should be able to run any class you want. Just becasue somebodys got more gear than you does not mean they should have to run Mod, thats just stupid.

Mod is more fun and people just chicken out. They cant handle the pace, lol.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforer
Brushless: Completely ignoring the fact that working with a stock motor isn't as bad as everyone says, There isn't a viable brushless solution to replace the stock class (or even 19t) yet. A stringent criteria needs to be developed which restricts the performance of a BL motor thourgh limiting its physical characteristics. This is essential to creating a realistic replacement for the stock class. Furthermore, said critera should yeild a motor which has a perdictable level of performance across a variety of sensored brushless ESCs. Beyond all this, a 5-7 pole brushed motor would make alot more sense vs brushless. I won't even get into that...
Well put.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #93
Tech Elite

I AM partially disabled!!!!!

I've got RC's OLDER than you are.... I've got RC trophies older than you too...

I had to give up racing REAL cars and Riding Motorcycles!!!! I can still walk but another injury could leave me trying to steer with my tongue!!! You should never assume.... Kind of like the older gentleman who had something to say to me when I parked on the handicapped side at the flying field today...

I am not telling you that you should just give up, I am telling you that this is a HOBBY! I'm also not saying not to strive to be better... I'm saying that if you are striving to make it to the next lever in RC you're going to be pretty heartbroken because there is no next level!!! Don't make this hobby an obsession, it loses its fun real quick.... But you and your sponsors take a lot of the fun out of it for the poor schmuck who needs to work overtime to keep up with the stuff your getting free/discounted... Me, I don't care... I get enough to keep my toys (both full size and scale) going...
Old 09-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #94
Tech Legend

Hallett ,sorry for miss sp ...

And

Did`nt understand your last post .... sorry....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #95
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheyhoe
I think you should be able to run any class you want. Just becasue somebodys got more gear than you does not mean they should have to run Mod, thats just stupid.

Mod is more fun and people just chicken out. They cant handle the pace, lol.
Just ditch stock altogether HP is the great equalizer!!! hahahaha...
Old 09-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #96
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
I AM partially disabled!!!!!

I've got RC's OLDER than you are.... I've got RC trophies older than you too...

I had to give up racing REAL cars and Riding Motorcycles!!!! I can still walk but another injury could leave me trying to steer with my tongue!!! You should never assume.... Kind of like the older gentleman who had something to say to me when I parked on the handicapped side at the flying field today...

I am not telling you that you should just give up, I am telling you that this is a HOBBY! I'm also not saying not to strive to be better... I'm saying that if you are striving to make it to the next lever in RC you're going to be pretty heartbroken because there is no next level!!! Don't make this hobby an obsession, it loses its fun real quick.... But you and your sponsors take a lot of the fun out of it for the poor schmuck who needs to work overtime to keep up with the stuff your getting free/discounted... Me, I don't care... I get enough to keep my toys (both full size and scale) going...
id didnt mean it as a dig on you, as i am sorry if it seemed that way. but i am only 16 and mow my lawn and my neighbors lawn for my racing money, so dont tell me that i dont work hard for what i have or what ive accomplished. ya i figure i wont make it pro but its nice knowing at the end of the day i can pat my back for trying the hardest i could of instead of on my death bed, saying "what if ?"

-Zac
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.Hallett
id didnt mean it as a dig on you, as i am sorry if it seemed that way. but i am only 16 and mow my lawn and my neighbors lawn for my racing money, so dont tell me that i dont work hard for what i have or what ive accomplished. ya i figure i wont make it pro but its nice knowing at the end of the day i can pat my back for trying the hardest i could of instead of on my death bed, saying "what if ?"

-Zac
I was in your shoes but that was 20 years ago and there wasn't the knowledge of what was out there.

Hey, I started school to be a mechanical engineer, changed professions and didn't fininsh my BS. Told my wife I'm going back to finnish my BSME and her response was "you're going back to college to build better RC cars, aren't you?" I just smiled....

Don't get all hung up on sponsorship...

Ok... Back to brushless.... I can't wait for the next generation of systems and batteries!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I was just like you Zac when I was your age. Doing everything I could to improve myself in this hobby. Supporting my racing on my own, looking for whatever edge I could find. It led me to some success in the offroad scene out here in the early '90s. I never did reach the Factory Driver level, but I don't regret the effort I put into it.

This hobby is just like anything else in life, you get out what you put in. If you just want to club race with your buddies every couple weeks, great. If you want to try to get to the Worlds by practicing everyday, good for you too.

I don't understand all these people that think that being sponsored by a company makes someone that much harder to beat. It's not the sponsorship, it's the reason why these guys are sponsored that makes them tough to beat.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I was just like you Zac when I was your age. Doing everything I could to improve myself in this hobby. Supporting my racing on my own, looking for whatever edge I could find. It led me to some success in the offroad scene out here in the early '90s. I never did reach the Factory Driver level, but I don't regret the effort I put into it.

This hobby is just like anything else in life, you get out what you put in. If you just want to club race with your buddies every couple weeks, great. If you want to try to get to the Worlds by practicing everyday, good for you too.

I don't understand all these people that think that being sponsored by a company makes someone that much harder to beat. It's not the sponsorship, it's the reason why these guys are sponsored that makes them tough to beat.
Shouldn't you be painting bodies?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #100
Tech Elite

No, and stop it you internet stalker!!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #101
Tech Elite

It's not that it makes them harder to beat it's the fact that the majority of people don't have the funds to compete with someone getting discounted/free equipment.

I can never understand the "getting out of the hobby" posts in the for sale forums... You but all this top of the line stuff and then decide you all of a sudden don't want to do it anymore?? Every time I don't feel like doing it anymore, I put my stuff on a higher shelf...
Old 09-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #102
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hellett...
Novice = stock motor

Intermediate = stock motor

Pro = any motor you choose

Yes ! skill`s, unstead of motor`s, decides your performance level.....

Hope you can see how all these problems would dissappear if we made just one simple change.....

This is a format that other types of racing use. In PWC (personal watercraft) this worked well. I think in RC this format can also work. If a fellow keeps winning, then he would be bumped to another skill level. In PWC we had membership system that when you registered for your yearly membership. You would indicate your skill level. Maybe one thing for ROAR to look at.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #103
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash

i dont feel it makes me any bettter than anyone else at the track, i am just greatful that someone else saw the time and effot i put into it, than is why i quite playing other sports. i was sick of trying my hardest when someone else on the team slacked off. i feel the same as before, i dont act any different.

i help anyone who comes asking for it, as i would like a younger one to get the same self worth and gratification out of this hobby as i have gotten out of it so far.

-Zac
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #104
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
I AM
You just contradicted your self in this post. Sponsored drivers dont take the fun out of this hobby.....YOU YOURSELF is the ONLY person that should be able to take the fun out of this "hobby" as you put it.

Telling people there is no "next level" is a crock as well. How do you think guys like Hara, Cyrul, Burch, etc got to where they are now? Just handed it to them on a platter...HELL NO!! They worked their tails off racing, learning and PRACTICING to become the best at what they do....just as you would at anything if you are trying to advance!!

Just because YOU consider this a Hobby doesnt mean that it should be by everoyone who either dreams of one day being a "Pro" racer or some sort of manufacture.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Quote:
It's not that it makes them harder to beat it's the fact that the majority of people don't have the funds to compete with someone getting discounted/free equipment.
I operate on a relatively small budget right now and have never been beaten because someone spent more money than I did. I have been out driven and out setup, but never out monied. I also realize that any form of motorsport requires a certain outlay of cash to run.