R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2006, 12:14 PM   #76
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialed01
EA - There was an EA driver that came to a big race in my area that ran 19T and STOCK and chickened out of Mod. I think no sponsored driver should run stock. I feel that it is not fair to me or others that race with average stuff.
With the quality of stuff availble today there's not really a such thing as "stock". Since you say he is one of my drivers I doubt he "chickened" out of Mod as I dont sponsor any guys for Mod other than Paul Wynn. Reason is I am not selling mod motors yet.

Until there are ever rules in place for sponsoring stock guys as I stated in the post before it will never end.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #77
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Eddie, I was just kidding with the lipo but I'm all for brushless and am not trying to force it on anyone. My personal experience with BL is that it saves me money in the long run. Even if tuners came up with ways to to make the BL faster I would welcome it. The thing I don't like about brushed motors is just the maintenance of keeping the performance the same.

As for matchers, I can't say anything negative because I remember seing $100.00 1700mah cells at my lhs. I also beleive that we would still be paying $100.00 packs if the smaller co. didn't come out with the lower prices. It keeps everyone honest.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #78
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default A Simple Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
With the quality of stuff availble today there's not really a such thing as "stock". Since you say he is one of my drivers I doubt he "chickened" out of Mod as I dont sponsor any guys for Mod other than Paul Wynn. Reason is I am not selling mod motors yet.

Until there are ever rules in place for sponsoring stock guys as I stated in the post before it will never end.

EA

All that needs to be done is change the way we classified the class`s..

No longer should we use class`s designed around the motor you choose to race ...


should be >>>> Novice , Intermediate and Pro.....


Only with this simple change, will we fix the problem`s that are holding down this sport from making progress.

Any sponsorship will mean you are bumped into the Pro class`s...

Then all the tuner sponsorships would be kool and stop discouraging the beginners from racing.....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,897
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

So now that guys that have been racing for tons of years and only wish to aspire to run stock motors has to race against pro's running mods?

The main problem is that there is a problem with our society. People feel entitled to things they did not earn. If people feel they should be able to win instantly. They don't want to put in the work to earn that win. If they dont win, it's a problem with the system, not them.
__________________
Kyosho / Orion / Amain.com / Protek / MIP /
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I see how you completey dodge the fact AE offers the same discount deals George.....

Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #81
Tech Addict
 
eforer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 607
Send a message via AIM to eforer
Default

Okay, I resisted, I tried not to, but I have to post. The sheer retardation of this thread is just overwhelming my judgement. What I can't believe is that people are crucifying Eddie and Eric as they WORK IN AND WITH ROAR to benefit RC racing as a whole. This thread should be entitled: "Certain RC Racers Need To Wear Hockey Helmets At All Times."

Brushless: Completely ignoring the fact that working with a stock motor isn't as bad as everyone says, There isn't a viable brushless solution to replace the stock class (or even 19t) yet. A stringent criteria needs to be developed which restricts the performance of a BL motor thourgh limiting its physical characteristics. This is essential to creating a realistic replacement for the stock class. Furthermore, said critera should yeild a motor which has a perdictable level of performance across a variety of sensored brushless ESCs. Beyond all this, a 5-7 pole brushed motor would make alot more sense vs brushless. I won't even get into that...

LiPos:

These are cells developed for an industrial application, just like sub-c cells were originally. Each individual cell is an awkward voltage for rc racing. There are other chemestries that are more potent already in use in other real world industries. LiPos are a flash in the pan, NiMh's will be replaced eventually, but by something that is a better fit.

Ultimately, as with all things in racing, the best 1% of cells/packs or whatever will be analyzed sold for more money and the market place will look much the same as it always has. The details may differ, but the best sticks will always demand a premium and there will always be a market for searching out the best performers and maximizing their potential. This is of course true with any future motor technology as well.
__________________
Speed Merchant/Corally USA/Specialized RC/Team Kwik/Tekin/Sweep/Parma PSE/Team Pickles Performance
eforer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #82
Tech Regular
 
Z.Hallett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Reston, Virginia
Posts: 401
Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
All that needs to be done is change the way we classified the class`s..

No longer should we use class`s designed around the motor you choose to race ...


should be >>>> Novice , Intermediate and Pro.....


Only with this simple change, will we fix the problem`s that are holding down this sport from making progress.

Any sponsorship will mean you are bumped into the Pro class`s...

Then all the tuner sponsorships would be kool and stop discouraging the beginners from racing.....
so what you are saying is to make classes based soley on skill, not on the motor being run. this makes just as much sense as putting a brushless motored car in with the stock motored cars. so skill determines the "class".

what then determines the skill level you are at, some joe smoe, what if someone sandbags during the heat seeding, then is put into the novice class. what would you do then? then this "sandbagger" is kicking butt in novice, and some new racers quites just because someone wanted to cheat the system.

i feel sponsors give the new racers a goal to aspire to, it makes spending hundreds of dollars and months at the track worth while. it would make them feel like they accomplished something great.
-Zac
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #83
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Yes, matchers have been around for a long time but not like they are now... I still have a working Point Blank motor....

I have matched 1400's around here somewhere, but I bought them at my LHS at the time...

Eddie, when I started racing your only sponsor was your LHS when you went to another track. Check out all the posts on "how to get sponsored" and the kicker is the majority of the people looking can't even spell...........
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #84
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.Hallett
i feel sponsors give the new racers a goal to aspire to, it makes spending hundreds of dollars and months at the track worth while. it would make them feel like they accomplished something great.
-Zac
You're playing with a TOY car!!! This isn't a sport... It's not going to get you Laid (mostly the opposite)... It will never be on ESPN or Speed channel.... You're playing with a toy in a hobby shop that could be closed tomorrow.... You haven't accomplished anything but won a race with a TOY car!!!!

Do I admire guys like Kinwald, Cyrul, etc... Sure but not because they are great RC car drivers... They are playing the system, it's almost like being a trust fund rich kid!!! Someone is paying you to play with toy cars!!! But it all comes to an end someday... There's no union, no retirement plan, no benefits... Some day you'll have to get a real job and you're only skill is PLAYING WITH TOY CARS!!!!

Some of you have severely taken the fun out of the HOBBY for the rest of us!!!
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #85
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Hallett...
Novice = stock motor

Intermediate = stock motor

Pro = any motor you choose


Yes ! skill`s, unstead of motor`s, decides your performance level.....


Hope you can see how all these problems would dissappear if we made just one simple change.....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 09-07-2006 at 03:34 PM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #86
Tech Elite
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,897
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Sounds like the system used all over Norcal but with different names.

Its called,

Novice = Stock Motor

Sportsman Stock = Stock Motor

Expert Stock = Stock Motor

Modified = Any motor
__________________
Kyosho / Orion / Amain.com / Protek / MIP /
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #87
Tech Regular
 
Z.Hallett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Reston, Virginia
Posts: 401
Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett
Default

so vl1180ny, your saying this is a huge waste of my time, i should sell all of my stuff, and just GIVE UP. what kind of person would say its pointless just because its not a real thing, so your saying playing poker, pool or any casino game is a complete waste of time.

alright figure you are disabled, and you couldn't walk , but all of a sudden you find this great hobby. you work at it, eventually win a few here and there, your self estem builds up just because of a TOY. well more power to you if it made you fell like you are a better person for it and you felt like you accomplished something great.

and no im not disabled but thats not the point im trying to make.
any build up of character is a great thing. also how i am i sucking the fun out of this great hobby, is it because i would like to be the best racer i can, or because i like to race, or is it because you were tore down at the track or in school because of a toy.

trust me i stick with this hobby, im in high school you tell me it isnt hard to make friends or get a girl friend. this hobby has allowed me to make friends and meet some great, helping people along the way. i wont leave just because things get hard with no friends, so mabye accomplishing some thing as small to you as winning a race or getting a sponsor because youve accomplished some much inn your "meaningful life" doesnt mean you have to say that is pointless for someone(like me) who hasnt done a whole lot.

-Zac
and i dont mean to sound that way but........
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #88
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

"EA - There was an EA driver that came to a big race in my area that ran 19T and STOCK and chickened out of Mod. I think no sponsored driver should run stock. I feel that it is not fair to me or others that race with average stuff."


i'm not an EA driver but i'm a sponsored driver who runs mainly dirt oval. That being said I run stock on a weekly basis due to the fact that the track i run at is not a big enough track to have good side by side racing or even follow someone until i can cleanly pass them, it's just point and shoot. Thus racing stock for me is more fun and not because i may win but because i could actually race with someone.

I will also stand behind the fact that the fast guys (sponsored guys) in any of the racing i've done are typically the best people to go and ask questions about set-ups and other tricks of the trade. I know that most sponsored guys will let newbies borrow some stuff or build there motors for them and try their best to get them up to speed. The bottom line is all sponsored drivers once started as a newbie and paid full price for things until they got to a certain level and someone noticed them. I guess if you put the time in and succeed you will probably get rewarded in the end.
racer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #89
Tech Regular
 
Z.Hallett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Reston, Virginia
Posts: 401
Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hellett...
Novice = stock motor

Intermediate = stock motor

Pro = any motor you choose


Yes ! skill`s, unstead of motor`s, decides your performance level.....


Hope you can see how all these problems would dissappear if we made just one simple change.....
its HALLETT, and you stated it would be by skill not by the motor you are running, way to contradict yourself.

-Zac HALLETT
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #90
Tech Master
 
pheyhoe's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England!
Posts: 1,332
Default

__________________
[SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Paul Heyhoe[/COLOR][/SIZE]
pheyhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NRB-3 TAKES WIN COBRARACING Australian Racing 7 07-14-2008 03:20 AM
>>> First $175 takes it!!! <<< JayBee R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 10-19-2006 12:52 PM
Takes a second look Samma3l Chat Lounge 9 08-19-2005 08:39 PM
Do I have what it takes? GES Electric Off-Road 23 03-27-2005 08:12 PM
$125.00 takes it all...... racer_RR R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 09-16-2004 07:45 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net