R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Default hmmmm

it's all about respect for the other driver. boils down to that.

Good lookin' dogs guys, i need to get some pics of mine loaded up.....i'm on that. -T-
santinuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santinuchi
it's all about respect for the other driver. boils down to that.

Good lookin' dogs guys, i need to get some pics of mine loaded up.....i'm on that. -T-
Thanks! Errrrrrrrr.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The only on-road (carpet) track in my area is about an hour away... what brings me back is the quality of the racers at this place - not to mention the quality of the track itself. Having good competition stands for self-improvement every time that you make it out. Setting personal goals and acheiving them every week helps keep me motivated. The track is FastCats (www.fastcats.ca) and is far one of the nicest facilities I have ever raced at.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
i bet if you look around if there are 2 or 3 guys running the same car and one of them has a decent car that works pretty well the other 2 are doing the same thing with theirs
I can say this, at my local track (2 hrs from home) this past weekend there were 3 of us running X-Ray T2's ALL 3 of us had VERY different set-ups on our cars. We all qualified within 1 sec. of each other, with a Shuie in the mix also. So that was 4 cars with-in 1 sec. on qualifing time.

THAT is what keeps me going back to that track! The 2hr drive to and from is not even a concern when the racing is that close.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Default makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme
I can say this, at my local track (2 hrs from home) this past weekend there were 3 of us running X-Ray T2's ALL 3 of us had VERY different set-ups on our cars. We all qualified within 1 sec. of each other, with a Shuie in the mix also. So that was 4 cars with-in 1 sec. on qualifing time.

THAT is what keeps me going back to that track! The 2hr drive to and from is not even a concern when the racing is that close.
What that says to me is that you have a core group of guys that have pretty equal tuning and driving skills.....now with those things aside what else is there for you? what would make you go to a track that is foreign to you and keep you going back competition aside because ultimately there is more that just the competition in my mind.....when it comes to supporting places aside from your own.....what i'm trying to get out of this conversation is tips, advice and so on that would help the hobby as a whole.....
Old 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Me and my bud drive 2.5 at the very least for our closest onroad tracks. Anything else is 3.5+ We have went the last two years to the BTH in TN. The reason we go back to that race is the people and the atmosphere. The MSRA are some of the best people you will ever meet. They hold great racing, and keep it fun.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
What that says to me is that you have a core group of guys that have pretty equal tuning and driving skills.....now with those things aside what else is there for you? what would make you go to a track that is foreign to you and keep you going back competition aside because ultimately there is more that just the competition in my mind.....when it comes to supporting places aside from your own.....what i'm trying to get out of this conversation is tips, advice and so on that would help the hobby as a whole.....

Yeah I am lucky like that, we have 5-9 guys that can show up on any given day and be SUPER FAST. But we are lucky if we get all of us at the track at the same time.... This track has a small following, but the "Core" group of guys there are ALL GREAT. I know some of us have given things away to the "new" guy that shows up and doesn't have the things he needs.. Batteries, motors, dischargers, tires you name it it has prob. been given away. LOL

I have seen some of the guys actually take the new racers car home for the week and Completely rebuild it for them, because they had it so far out of whack or that something on the car just needed some TLC.

Well I travel ALOT for RC. So here is what I look for when I go somewhere "NEW" in no particular order:

How does the facility look, is it taken care of!

Is the the track area clean and well laid out.

Is the track well lit, are there poles in the way on the driverstand (so that you have ONE spot you can see from and 9 others you are looking around a pole)

Are the Pits clean.

Is the Hobby shop well stocked.

Are the races ran well.

When they say 10 min. breaks is it 10 mins or 30 mins.

Does the race director actually call races or just sit there and say go and Done!

Are the racers friendly. Can you ask them for advice, can you joke with them. This Makes the day alot more enjoyable.

Are the locals friendly on the track? They maybe nice in the pits, but on the track not so much. I would not travel to far if the racing wasn't all that clean....

Is there competiton there, I wouldn't drive 1-3 hrs if the competiton wasn't there.

Does the track owner actually LISTEN to the racers!!!!

These are just a few of the things "I" look for when going to a new place.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak

i like how laid-back the people are at some tracks can be. i have two KILLER off-road tracks with-in 30 minutes of me. sadly i don't do well at out-door tracks. but i doesn't matter most of the time because the "air" about the place is so chill. oh, and i can't forget about the food.
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Default my pup!!!

This is Roscoe....my pup in texas 3 yrs old 80 lbs....BIG lap dog!
Attached Thumbnails
WHAT BRINGS YOU BACK?!-roscoe_004-340x216.jpg   WHAT BRINGS YOU BACK?!-sarge_and_abby_010-344x220.jpg  
Old 09-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Default sister

the other is his sister abby......