Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Things U'd like to see made? >

Things U'd like to see made?

Things U'd like to see made?

Old 09-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Things U'd like to see made?

hey may seem a bit odd but u know those ideas uve had to make life (while rc racing) easier but a company has never made? well lets here em.
a few of mine;
a car stand that pivots and has a mount for my much more tire warmers controller (3080) that way u dont need to take up bench space and have wires going every which way.

ive seen perspex set up boards when some one gonna machine a part tray in corner there 16mm thick im sure u could mill 10mm out??

thermoelectric battery cooler u know the much more motor cooler? why not make a battery cooler? be great could probaby charge at 7 amps imagine the voltage and fried motors
no im not a company rep im actually 17 and love rc racing and making stuff as the schuie guys know so far ive mad a stand to balance my car on a string line
oh as a quick tip any one wanting tire carriers? pringles containers u know the chips? perfect tape em up so no one knows or just fool ur friends
cheers all let here ur ideas or tips
Old 09-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I would like to see a brushless esc. that has 3 volts logic on board zo its possible to run it of 3 cells. then you`ll need a motor thats fast on just 3 cells and we could have easy 8400 mah cause you can make 2 times 3 cells in serie .....
Old 09-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2-Piece Pneumatic Rims

I last saw them as an upgrade product for kyosho buggies. The rims came together to clamp the tire in place and it was screwed in place by 4 screws. A wee bit heavier than normal rims but nonetheless it was a great way to save on rims.

In practice, 4 of these rims could get a person through tons of tyres and insert combinations, without the need for superglue. Aluminium will not be my material of choice though, I'm thinking magnesium or titanium or adamantium or even unobtainium! Once testing is done, then the tyres are glued to standard racing rims to save on rotating mass.

To carry it to the extreme, I envision one day thet we might just be able to pump compressed air into these tires to vary the air pressure.

Just dreaming.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Tech Rookie

I would like to see a pro, lightweight, compact, mount and suspended lcd video camera system and a new racing class for remote camera racing.

It wouldn't be hard to d0, the video could be sent through a tiny transmitter in a modified receiver. and the camera could be a tiny 1 ccd 320x240 type.

It would only need a little battery power and a 5" flip up lcd screen would be added to the control.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would like to see an FWD chassis with an E-brake system, to be used for drifting!
Old 09-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by legimlugero
I would like to see an FWD chassis with an E-brake system, to be used for drifting!
Front Wheel Drive or are you refering to AWD All Wheel or 4 Wheel drive???

Put a 1-way in the front, you now have no braking to the front and an e-brake....
Old 09-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

10 years ago or so I thought up a sytem that is now available known as spektrum. If only I knew how to make then.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

a pit stand with vice like clips to hold the chassis down, and that and angle it'self so that you can work on the tip while sitting in your chair or stool.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

hydrolics and lambo doors on a low rider or hummer a flick of a switch on your transmiter and its lowered!

a mi3 mattb edition lol in my dreams

on the mi2ec a seprate part on the bulkheads so u dont have to undo as much screws to get the diff out so like a top part and u can undo the top part and the diff comes out

a mini mi2ec 18th on road by schumacher

just a few ideas lol
Old 09-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hey matt I've actually been thinking of doing that for a long time. I would put the top shock mounts on a little track and then have a servo to pull it down then up.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

A ground effect chassis (like an F1 car) for 1/10th touring cars
Old 09-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlumberMachine
I would like to see a pro, lightweight, compact, mount and suspended lcd video camera system and a new racing class for remote camera racing.

It wouldn't be hard to d0, the video could be sent through a tiny transmitter in a modified receiver. and the camera could be a tiny 1 ccd 320x240 type.

It would only need a little battery power and a 5" flip up lcd screen would be added to the control.
yes, but when you look through a camera and try to drive one, you quickly realize how fast these things are going! one time, we hooked up a camera in a car, and watched it on the track, no way you could drive it full speed through the camera

personally, id like to see quick changes hubs and batteries, so we can have easier enduro races
Old 09-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

hubs like an rc18t's, take out a screw and slip the hing pin out.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

A racheting Turnbuckle wrench.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
A racheting Turnbuckle wrench.
that will be hard to make.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.