R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Are the LRP Neo Brushless motors ROAR legal? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/127836-lrp-neo-brushless-motors-roar-legal.html)

CarlosG. 09-01-2006 12:39 PM

Are the LRP Neo Brushless motors ROAR legal?

I found out something that has got me wondering. Are the LRP Brushless motors(1,2,3 Star) ROAR legal? I know there has to be a ROAR Representative that reads these threads that can answer this question.The only reason I am asking is because we are having our regional next month, and I would like to be certain that I can run this in my car? I have been hearing that there are not and that is a concern that needs to be taken care of. However, the rules say they are, but the motors came out before the ruling is what I have been told. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

James35 09-01-2006 12:43 PM

Well, according to the ROAR Approved Motors list, this one is legal for modified:
Associated/Reedy LRP Brushless N.E.O. 1 gray can, black end caps, VTEC 9/19/2005

No idea which NEO they are referring to here. It was a stupid move on LRP's part to rename the NEO models. I "think" they are referring to the original NEO which used to be called the NEO One. It's now called the NEO 3 Star. Can anyone enlighten us?

hpipro321 09-01-2006 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by James35
Well, according to the ROAR Approved Motors list, this one is legal for modified:
Associated/Reedy LRP Brushless N.E.O. 1 gray can, black end caps, VTEC 9/19/2005

No idea which NEO they are referring to here. It was a stupid move on LRP's part to rename the NEO models. I "think" they are referring to the original NEO which used to be called the NEO One. It's now called the NEO 3 Star. Can anyone enlighten us?

i dont think the new ones are legal

Scrubb 09-01-2006 05:17 PM

All of the Reedy Brushless motors are "Neo1", there are just different winds 1*, 2*, 3*, 4* and they are all ROAR legal.

Both Dave Montgomery and Brent Thielke made the A-main in 2wd, 4wd, and truck class at the Modified Off-road nationals just last month using LRP/Reedy brushless systems. They used the 2* in 2wd, the 3* in Truck, and 4* in 4wd.

EddieO 09-01-2006 11:55 PM

ROAR approves teardowns for modifieds, not winds....so any of the available winds of the NEO are ROAR legal.....however, if it has a sintered rotor, that is NOT legal and you will be disqualified for using it.....

Later EddieO

Wild Cherry 09-02-2006 12:01 AM

Eddie , I`m not for sure , but the new rotor`s in the Neo`s are only keyed to the shaft with the same material and are not sintered rotor`s...

I can check my new Neo to see if you wish....

BDW They are really , really, faster now .... :D