R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm very surprised you guys are having good results with the EPs - I had very dismal results with my samples a few months ago - maybe they made some cell updates?
elmo6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
IB will sell you old cells too It's not who you get them from really, its how many you buy that determines what yer getting......hence why the bigger companies will always get the better batches......just a part of the business.

Later EddieO
Stupid comment .... so IB keep only their good cells for say SMC and give the rubbish tio everyone else. What a load of [email protected]@t.

There is nothing wrong with the IB cells that I get. I find that the figures I get on all brands of cells are always lower than the exaggerated figures from some of the major matchers. In fact have you ever tested some of the so called "team plus" cells from other matchers? Bet you never come up with the numbers they show on their packs

All my comments are based on the fact that I do not see any real difference between the two brands of cells. Their performance is very similar. We just need a perspective from people who haven't got a particular brand to push.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo6s
I'm very surprised you guys are having good results with the EPs - I had very dismal results with my samples a few months ago - maybe they made some cell updates?
Early batches of the cells were a bit up and down .... very much like how the early IB cells were. Now look how they perform !!!

This company is new and is learning all the time. THe last version with the black positive washer seems to perform very well.

BTW.... I am using a different zapping technique for the Eastpower compared to the IB ... that took a little while to work out.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #34
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry the truth hurts......but its been like that for 20+ years....sanyo, panasonic, gp, and now IB.....and before long, EP will do the same....Sanyo, GP, and Panasonic even made handmade cells for their bigger customers at one point or another....

All my cells are done by SMC.....I have one turbomatcher left....and I randomly grab batteries and test them and they are always right on with what the label says....

Orion cells will never cycle out the same as they use a custom matching system....

Customers always love to read one company bashing another.....I am sure everyone is impressed with your comments about other people's matching.

When ferall batteries wins a national title some where other than the outback, then you can tell us how things are....

Later EddieO
Old 09-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I must have an older version of the cells - mine have a red washer...
elmo6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #36
Tech Champion

I am so hurt ..... ohhhhhh

Typical American ..... I am bigger and better than you syndrome.

I have been matching since the early 90's so I have seen all the batteries come and go. Your perspective is twisted towards the IB cells because you deal with the supplier of IB cells to the USA. It is true that the early Eastpower cells had a few problems.... so did the IB cells. Eastpower seem to have overcome that already.

I did not mean to bash any one matcher. My comments were trying to explain that the new cells are as good as any brand .

BTW, I have been to the Eastpower factory and when I was there ALL cells were handmade. I also believe that part of the IB process is handmade as well.

As for the comment on racing in the outback.... well I haven't seen many Brood packs or SMC being able to win events down under lately
Old 09-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo6s
I must have an older version of the cells - mine have a red washer...
The latest version has a black washer. Like all manufacturers, they are fine tuning the cells all the time.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #38
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't ship many packs over there, mainly because the cost makes them not very easy to sell and make money. According to both of my distributors over there, our cells and motors have done quite well, winning a few titles along the way...

We have won titles in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, France.....and many more, so we must be doing something right...SMC must be doing something right also, as they have won countless titles.....

I am not sure who syndrome is.....but if we are going to get on a bigger and better kick.....well, thats funny....

As for the EP cells......I have not said a word about them. Danny from SMC told me they are pretty good cells now, but they aren't any better than the IB, so no need to change....they should however help keep prices in check.

Matching since the early 90's won't show you the old days of the 1700 SCE, 1200 SCR, 1200 SC....those would be late 80s....

My statemenet was pretty simple.....buying direct doesn't mean you won't get old cells......it happened to me from GP....those old outdated cells gotta go somewhere....and they certainly don't send them to SMC or Orion...

Later EddieO
Old 09-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #39
Tech Champion

Yeah,

I have spoken to Danny and Jack. What you say is correct and it is what I have said... these cells are very similar so there is no reason to ignore them in the marketplace.

We were racing the 4200SHV cells in Australia before they were even matched in the USA so I doubt we had "old stock"

Anyhow, enough of the "I am bigger than you" stories. It is good to see two competitive brands. Hopefully GOP will get back into the performance race. A three way battle will ensure competitive pricing in the future.

I can name another 3 comapnies that are itching to have a go at the racing cell market. Thank you China
Old 09-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

cannon i sent you a pm
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Cannon, i have East power EP4200UC and want to try East power EP4200UV.. but i dont see any different between both?? maybe the power(??) but the battery looks same...and have you tried Forcemax 4300 this battery most popular in japan, is a good batteries?
nino_pohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #42
Tech Champion

The cell packaging is the same. The only difference on the UV cells is that the positive end washer is black not red. The UV cells have slightly higher voltage and lower IR.

As for the Forcemax 4300, I am not 100% certain but it has been said that this is a OEM Eastpower cell. No doubt someone could confirm this.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #43
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=cannon]Stupid comment .... so IB keep only their good cells for say SMC and give the rubbish tio everyone else. What a load of [email protected]@t.[QUOTE]

Hi cannon, are you sure what you are talking about ?

There are some matching companies that are good at their zapping/matching process, with good sales and marketing network, providing good quality products and good customer services. It will have no doubt they can move more cells such that they have fresh good cells.

However, there is little matcher who can only move few cases in a few months who don't know and don't care about good zapping/matching process. There is no questions they cannot get good cells out. What they can do is selling their cells CHEAP.

So far, we, Intellect Battery, play fair deal with all our customers. We don't cherry pick cells for our customers. They have same grade of raw cells that everyone can buy from market. However, their processes make the match pack difference. They match cells with higher standard, so their customers get better packs than the others. I am not really sure why you have such bad perception with Intellect Battery that we are unfair to different customers.

In fact, we do clean and fair business. Even when we are competing the market with GP, we never say bad to GP because GP are also good cells and they are also put effort on their R&D and marketing. We let customers to choose what they need. It is a fair and clean business competition. We hate the DIRTY companies who only see and say someone's bad at the back.

Anyway, if you have any questions or suggestions to our products or our company, please feel free to contact me.
Anthony Yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i gotta stand up for cannon here, i have bought his cells and their great the numbers that are on each cells are easily replicated with a good discharger. as for him playing favourite with battery companies, he sells all 3 brand ib gp and ep and sells them for there good point's gp have a stable voltage good consistency for off road ep very low resistance and cheaper than ib good for stock, and ib cells are still seen as consistently thebest cell but ep are improving, he does not only match one or the other his customers have the choice he can only tell the numbers. for the outback and national titles comments i see people every week wityh fantom trinity orion cells get beat by feral packs but then the same is also tru i honestly think that a good matcher isnt nearly as important as a good driver.
just my 2 cents btw i am not sponsored or have ever had any thing to do with cannon apart from buying his packs from a re seller.
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #45
Tech Champion

Anthony... you are reading the forum wrong. I am defending the fact that you are treating all customers the same. I am saying you are fair. It is the other people who are saying you treat customers differently. I will contact you if I can