Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks. >

Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

John - Thanks for the tips.

Car was ok for the first two minutes on low grip asphalt but then the rear started moving around on power, and at times spinning out.

What can I do to prevent this? Thinner T-Bar? Softer rear tyres?
Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First:
Don't judge your car's handling by the first run of the day.
Rear wheel drive cars are very sensitive to track conditions.
Most of the times my car tends to be a handfull to drive for the first few runs of the day, untill a clean line is formed on the track.

Second:
If your car still spins out even after say 4 runs, first adjust your driving: roll on the throttle coming out of the corner.

Last:
If this doesn't help take soem steering out of the car.
- Less traction compound on the front tires,
- softer center shock (oil/spring)
- thicker lube in tubes (if you have tubes
- harder front tires and/or softer rears.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. MR4
John - Thanks for the tips.

Car was ok for the first two minutes on low grip asphalt but then the rear started moving around on power, and at times spinning out.

What can I do to prevent this? Thinner T-Bar? Softer rear tyres?
Try slightly harder front tire or slightly softer rear tire. I normally experience the same problem as yours if I use traction additive on my rear tire, once the additive runs out. The car is not drivable sometimes.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

remember, these cars put a huge percentage of their power directly to the rear wheels, unlike a 4WD sedan which puts that power more evenly to all four wheels. . . so you can't drive it like a sedan - i.e. you can't just stab the throttle and expect to go straight! In fact, don't ever expect to stab the throttle, at rest, and expect to accelerate straight away. . .

Driving pan car teaches throttle control. . .you really need it. Your car will reward you for it.

Did you say what tires you're running? I don't think you did (or I can't find it) - Azmio has good advice! Personally, I like green or pink rears. . . ymmv so figure out what works for you.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pro ten Holland, azmio, Boomer

Thanks for the tips. It makes more sense now
Old 06-14-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

@Powell racing components

hey doug,

I send you a mail with some changes on the design through another mail adres as my hotmail is acting up.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Default PRC/CRC - 235 car

Hi this is my friend driving the PRC/CRC 235 pancar that i have sold before it was finished. Thank god he finished it and he´s using it! It only takes a few laps and then he just destroy the 1/8 and the NT car...i was located down in the pit, and the car is awsome...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Thomas for posting it!

Last edited by tjompa; 07-06-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Really nice to see him creeping up on the nitro cars and overtaken them in the corner great stuff.

Could you sometime make a pic of the finished car? (without the body)

Would appreciate it.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Really nice to see him creeping up on the nitro cars and overtaken them in the corner great stuff.

Could you sometime make a pic of the finished car? (without the body)

Would appreciate it.
of course!
The top deck should be redesigned though..
Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

hey thanks for the pics,

Could be i am stuck to the older rc10l2 servo layout but I never saw a servo mount the way you did ( well except the old trinity evo10) . Couldn't you fit the servo the other way around? Or you acchieved something significant with the layout like this? Better ackerman or something else?

Just really curious

How are those intellect lipo's running? Are you using the 5000 or 8000 ones? I am planning to buy some of those as well but didn't read any experience yet.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

hey thanks for the pics,

Could be i am stuck to the older rc10l2 servo layout but I never saw a servo mount the way you did ( well except the old trinity evo10) . Couldn't you fit the servo the other way around? Or you acchieved something significant with the layout like this? Better ackerman or something else?

Just really curious

How are those intellect lipo's running? Are you using the 5000 or 8000 ones? I am planning to buy some of those as well but didn't read any experience yet.
Hi!
There wasnt enough physical space for the servo the other way so i tried a corally old fashioned style layout and i guess it gives a little more steering.
Regarding the batteries i am pleased with them, i usually use them with a 6.5motor on our little smaller hometrack (not on the video), they are 3800mah and did cost me 50USD each from hongkong. When i am on larger tracks my orion lipo´s with 5300mah jumps in
I am curios to build an exact copy of this car but with a mambamax or monster esc and 3s lipo´s to see if could gain som higher top speed. Would be fun to try but it need to be a separate car, this is my racemachine.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

did you use a standard size servo? i know the wheelbase of the original pantoura is 1 cm shorter then a "normal " pancar . 155mm instead of 165 (rc10l2) and i think this version is 155mm as well. So i gues it is between the servo and the battery wich is shorter.

edit: How many cm were you short? I am planning to use a low profile servo, and it needs a clearance of 1.2cm behind the servo posts.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 07-06-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

did you use a standard size servo? i know the wheelbase of the original pantoura is 1 cm shorter then a "normal " pancar . 155mm instead of 165 (rc10l2) and i think this version is 155mm as well. So i gues it is between the servo and the battery wich is shorter.

edit: How many cm were you short? I am planning to use a low profile servo, and it needs a clearance of 1.2cm behind the servo posts.
I was approx 5mm to short so i think you can get a low profile servo to fit, i use a regular sized servo, the bls 451 from futaba.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thomas P
Hi this is my friend driving the PRC/CRC 235 pancar that i have sold before it was finished. Thank god he finished it and he´s using it! It only takes a few laps and then he just destroy the 1/8 and the NT car...i was located down in the pit, and the car is awsome...
Thanks for posting the link to the video. It's always nice to see my work in action.

Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.