Search

Tamiya Lexus Mobil 1 Body Set?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:35 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Lexus Mobil 1 Body Set?

Anyone know where to get one OTHER than by buying a TA05 kit? Saw some running at TCS Nats this year and they looked pretty good! Anyone have insight how they handle?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
Anyone know where to get one OTHER than by buying a TA05 kit? Saw some running at TCS Nats this year and they looked pretty good! Anyone have insight how they handle?
Kit is only way to get them right now. Tamiya does have a P/N for the body set only that will eventually come out.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
the body is dialed. feels a lot better than the skyline and porsche. i was the one using the flourescent pink and white one at Nationals. great car!

part #51257
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51257
Old 08-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Part number for the shell is 51257, its due out yesterday in Japan. The shop i use in Japan already have them.

As for handling, what class is that for? In the UK thestock class (TT01's on kit radials and RS540 sport tuned motors) the NSX is king. I did use the Nissan Fairlady Z (GT500 Version) a bit last year which gives more turn in, but has a less predictable rear end, i would have thought the SC430 would be a bit more like that. This is mainly down to the fact we have to use the kit supplied wings rather than hop up versions in stock. On decent tyres with a proper wing, then i am sure it would be a bit more forgiving.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Chris-
Which one of these looks more familiar?
Later
Doc
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Lexus Mobil 1 Body Set?-c-lim-lexus-.jpg   Tamiya Lexus Mobil 1 Body Set?-c-lim-lexus-katzer-vette-.jpg  
Old 08-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

What are the bodyshell rules in the TCS for the different classes? Are shells like the SC430 allowed to use the racing wing set or touring car wing set in any class?
Old 08-27-2006, 02:24 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You can use any shell with the racing wing or stock body wing in GT1. In GT2 and GT3, no NSX or Ferraris.

I am going to use this on my 415MSX just to be different. EVERYONE uses NSXs and Ferraris and its boring.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Hey bro I saw one on ebay for super cheap. I didn't know that they were releasing the shell alone. Good luck with the search, I got mine with my 05 hehe.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rccardr
Chris-
Which one of these looks more familiar?
Later
Doc
looks like i had the inside on that turn it was a fun battle with gary k. i think that was A2.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXNUF5&P=K
Old 08-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

When did they last no release a shell on its own as well as the kits? I wouldn't be suprised to see a lightweight painted version available soon as well.

We dont have GT1 anymore in the UK only GT2 and stock (what you call GT3 i guess). In stock we have to use the wings that come with the shell in the kit, which is not always great as the newer shells like the SC430 now come with plastic wings not lexan. Not sure what a SC430 would look like with a racing wing on it. Might look a bit strange.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by forum fodder
When did they last no release a shell on its own as well as the kits? I wouldn't be suprised to see a lightweight painted version available soon as well.

We dont have GT1 anymore in the UK only GT2 and stock (what you call GT3 i guess). In stock we have to use the wings that come with the shell in the kit, which is not always great as the newer shells like the SC430 now come with plastic wings not lexan. Not sure what a SC430 would look like with a racing wing on it. Might look a bit strange.
photo above is a lexus with Tamiya racing wing.