R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   BEWARE!! Hotbodies Cyclone for less than $100!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/127172-beware-hotbodies-cyclone-less-than-%24100.html)

MrUnlimited 08-27-2006 01:27 PM

BEWARE!! Hotbodies Cyclone for less than $100!!

For everyone who wants it: BEWARE!! This car is a fake auctions on Ebay. There are (mostly chinese) criminals active on auctions website such as Ebay. Once paid you never see your money back and no goods. As long as there is no feedback or more than 25 feedbacks don't trust it. The criminals refer to eachother as they do appear that they have bought from echother. They use mulitple fake-accounts to look "professional " but it is fake! They also intend that they are from Spain or Latin-America.
Just to warn you: Ebay is a great source for bargains for our hobby but it is a playground for criminals as well! :flaming:

JAY_UK 08-27-2006 01:44 PM

WEll its a good time to say play safe and support your local hobby store! Seriously tho, if something looks too good to be true, IT IS!
I was watching some much more tyre warmerts and a controller on ebay, it was from belgium and with 2 hours to go it was still at £0.68 with is about £60 under retail price. Bargain i thought, sounds too good to be true. So i didnt bid. Ive since seen them re-listed 4 times and no one has bought them, the auction is ritten in belgumese (dont know what language they speak, dont mean to offend) so i dont understand it. Dam glad i didnt buy tho as it looks suspicious to me!
So shop safe and remember stuff on auction sites isnt always a bargain!

TAMIYAMANUK 08-27-2006 03:10 PM

support your local hobby store
altho you may get a bargin from ebay just try and buy somthing from your local hobbyshop now and again (doesnt have to be big, just anything)or in the near furture in WONT be there

polesitter61 08-27-2006 05:51 PM

I have come to the conclusion that on e-bay you can indeed find some good deals but, the one time it does not work out or you get screwed, you have just lost all you saved from every item you bought on e-bay. Now, I just by from the local hobby shop or from on-line stores, less chance of problems.

MK_Arbiter 08-27-2006 06:01 PM

Yea... Pin it on us from the Chinese community. :lol: j/k
Belgumese :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tsquare 08-27-2006 06:04 PM

I have seen the same activity on vintage Tamiya Kits, particulary the Tamiya Porsche 959 kit from the late 1980's. Always was offered out of China at a silly price, the photos are always photos from the mfg, or from past sellers offerings. These sellers from China usually have about 20 to 25 sale history. I emailed the seller once, asking if he was for real, because what he was offering as a "Buy it Know" was worth $900.00 easy and he was only asking $125.00, he emailed back, saying he was (for real), and I should bid on his offering. I never did - if fact, I do not believe anyone bid on his offering.

Bottom line, if it is to good to be true on Ebay - stay away. :nod:

pinggoy 08-27-2006 08:45 PM

Yea... Pin it on us from the Chinese community. j/k
chinese mafia baby. :lol: ohh yea i forgot im not chinese, so let rephrase it. asian mafia baby.!!! :lol: :lol: j/k :sweat:

MK_Arbiter 08-27-2006 09:44 PM

:lol: AZN FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sneaky: Oh and check out my sig, pinggoy. :lol:

Valentin.H 08-28-2006 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by MK_Arbiter
:lol: AZN FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sneaky: Oh and check out my sig, pinggoy. :lol:

:lol:

HELL YEA MAN! AZN PRIDE :lol: :lol: :lol:

imr 08-28-2006 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by JAY_UK
the auction is ritten in belgumese (dont know what language they speak, dont mean to offend) so i dont understand it.

ROFL ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Belgium we speak....DUTCH

And you didn't know, living in the UK my overseas brother?

403forbidden 08-28-2006 03:33 AM

just ask if you can pick it up in person...scammers usually say no

JAY_UK 08-28-2006 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by imr
ROFL ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Belgium we speak....DUTCH

And you didn't know, living in the UK my overseas brother?

Sorry dude didnt know that, i thought only the dutch spoke spoke dutch! Guess what, i failed geography at school, can you tell! :lol:

Patriiick 08-28-2006 05:43 AM

they speak french in belgium too...!! :D

MrUnlimited 08-28-2006 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by JAY_UK
Sorry dude didnt know that, i thought only the dutch spoke spoke dutch! Guess what, i failed geography at school, can you tell! :lol:

Evensome parts of Germany speaks Dutch en some parts in the Netherlands they speak their own language :D

Wouter.Z 08-28-2006 06:16 AM

We Dutch rule :lol: