Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do i need to make a motor cooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

use copper it conduct better than aluminium and use high quality thermalpaste ot epoxy bigger fan heat sink combo.
i wanna try that 350 watter what power supply do u use? lol
Old 10-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default If you really want to know

What an interesting thread? We spent two years perfecting the freezer we sell and I have got some advice. To build a great freezer you need lots of copper a cnc mill, several thousand extra dollars and an understanding of physics. Trying to build your own will work. If you are lucky it will last a little while too. I've been there, and do not recomend it to any one. But if you decided not to buy one form pandcracing or crazyronny and you already have the parts please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will help you finish it. We have seen a consistant 1000 rpm gain in stock motors and recently even greater increases with our new water cooled test bed. Our freezers were recently used at the IIC with amazing results. Thanks for reading my rant and Good luck
Old 10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ohms law

Oops I got off on a rant here is the answer.Watts devided by volts=amps 350/13.5=25.925 amps I hope you are using chemical submersion cooling in a vacume or that chip just won't last!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If im not mistaken, in australia the use of thermal paste is not legal for racing
Old 10-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

As a customer I recently bought one from www.crazyrcracing.com (Ronny). This unit is a good piece of equipment. I ran my test to see for myself. I am happy to have this in my box. Reduced tempertures from 10-35 degrees is a big deal to me. Only paid $100.00 USD shipped. Crazy Ronny or P and C Racing have the best units I've seen out there. I've never tried P and C's unit but it seems comparable to Crazy Ronny's. If anyone builds one, I hope you don't spend to much in parts. To save $30-$40, it's not worth the headaches. Just my opinion, good luck to all the guys that make one.

P.S. Don't forget to buy aspirin on your way to buy your parts.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For cheap motor cooling
Go here:
http://www.mpja.com/listitems.asp?dept=60

Spend the $20 on a cooling module.....
Old 10-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I made my own motor cooler and it works great. I've used it all summer and it is still going. I think it is cool that someone is making coolers for people who don't want to make thier own. I don't think it is cool for the same people to come on here and try to scare the people who want to make thier own. You don't need "lots of copper a cnc mill, several thousand extra dollars and an understanding of physics." to make your own. You can find the info on the web, like this, just by doing a simple search. This has all been done by the computer overclockers, even your "new water cooled test bed". I've been working on one myself. I do give you props for offering to help with assembly of a Do-it-yourselfer. If I was going to buy a cooler I would buy yours! I think it works well and you have a great rep. Obviously you have the education to make a top knotch cooler and I respect that. Good luck and I hope you sell the heck out of your coolers!