R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2006, 04:37 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Aston Martin DB
Default Nikko Porsche 911 GT3 RS

It was my first ever 20 mph+ R/C car that I got in 2003.
It very well for over a year so I dubbed it my most reliable car. The next year, I applied so modifications and managed to push the max speed up to 32.5 mph somehow. The battery started to run down pretty quick, but I did'nt worry too much about it at the time.
But this year I have had even more problems. It uses a set of tyres every time I run it, after 20 minutes they just get torn to pieces (tried slick, ultra grip OR all sorts of tyres). This makes it costly.
So the question aimed at anybody who has expirience with RWD pre'04 RCs is; Is it worth keeping? Is there any way to fix the problem?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Aston Martin DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:43 AM   #2
Tech Elite

To be blunt, it's a toy, there are no spares for them, once it breaks it is really only fit for the bin.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

One really good point is its cheap car and you still have loads of fun but the downside is no spares yes basically a toy but a good toy. what surface are you on? Try foam if itís on coated cement like a tennis court, I think I run 35 rear and 42 front or vice-versa.
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Martin DB
It was my first ever 20 mph+ R/C car that I got in 2003.
It very well for over a year so I dubbed it my most reliable car. The next year, I applied so modifications and managed to push the max speed up to 32.5 mph somehow. The battery started to run down pretty quick, but I did'nt worry too much about it at the time.
But this year I have had even more problems. It uses a set of tyres every time I run it, after 20 minutes they just get torn to pieces (tried slick, ultra grip OR all sorts of tyres). This makes it costly.
So the question aimed at anybody who has expirience with RWD pre'04 RCs is; Is it worth keeping? Is there any way to fix the problem?
Thanks in advance for any help!
You were able to make a Nikko brand RC car break the 30 mph barrier? That has got to be some kind of record. Just kidding. On a more serious note, Nikko's are not really the type of cars that you modify (although you have accomplished the seemingly impossible already). It may be time to upgrade you vehicle to something that is "hobby grade". That way you can replace worn/broken parts and you can modify to your liking. 32.5 mph with a Nikko is still impressive.

Loren

Loren
llamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:01 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Aston Martin DB

yep but to get the 32mph, i took out praticly all of the stock parts. only the remote chassis and 'on/off switch' remained nikko. ofcouse i had a lot of help in the mods, but at its peak performance it beat a tamiya audi tourer!
i will get rid of it as it is only one in 10 RC cars of mine... the rest are hobby cars (but one)btw.
maybe i should destroy it in a comedic way, film it and then put it on youtube...
Aston Martin DB is offline   Reply With Quote