Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada >

2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada

2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada

Old 09-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Not sure on mod touring but 12th mod was 5 brush and 5 brushless..
Old 09-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I would like to thank Scotty and the crew for the best RC race I've ever been too. Amazing time, had a blast, and learned a ton! Will definitely be back next year.

If I had to find any complaints, it would be the long days and lack of traction on the carpet. But those are it, every other aspect of the race was perfect. The timing and long schedule Scotty maintains is unreal.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

On Sunday morning, the first race started a few minutes late, then about race 2 or 3 had somebody arrived at the last minute, so Scotty waited, then his motor was soldered backwards, and waited again. Scotty took his schedule and threw it up in the air and said "guess we won't be needing this today".
Old 09-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Double post. sorry
Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
On Sunday morning, the first race started a few minutes late, then about race 2 or 3 had somebody arrived at the last minute, so Scotty waited, then his motor was soldered backwards, and waited again. Scotty took his schedule and threw it up in the air and said "guess we won't be needing this today".
Doug, I'd like to thank you for giving access to Shane so we could all have the ability to watch the results real-time.

When there is a team that cooperates and works together, the event is top notch.

Travis Repp
www.horshamrcracing.com
Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

On Sunday morning, the first race started a few minutes late,
I was in race 3 at 7:25AM Sunday morning. After a week of this getting up early Sunday morning was not fun. I charged my battery at 10amps due to getting to the track at 7AM and think I was still asleep during the main.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Scotty and crew, awesome race! But, I'm glad I'm home now, mabey now I can get some sleep! L8r, no r/c cars for me for a week, I o.d.'ed this past one!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DerekB
Why does the end of every race conclude with complaining about nothing?
I have a major complaint! The race is over!

I ran 2 classes and broke 15 of the 18 times I put the car on the track including both of my mains. But I must say that was one of the best times I have had racing, PERIOD! The more I think about what went down the more I cant wait until next year! I already have the month of September 2007 blacked out on the calendar, wife knows it, work knows it, I am going back to Vegas!

Lets see what did I get to do in Vegas... Gotta meet almost all of the top onroad drivers in the world, was able to look at ask questions about all of the new cool products in R/C, put faces to names of people I have talked to for a long time online yet never met before, watched some of the best racing you will ever see, made friends with new people that race, more and more and more.

I could sit here and tell you everything that went down this week but I must tell you untill you spend about 12+ hours a day living and breathing R/C at this type of event you wont understand. The people that went that want to complain, you dont want to go next time? Guess what over 500 entries in less then a week, your spot will be filled by all the other hardcore racers around the planet. You wont hear any complaints out of me, and I did awful racing all week long. How does it go? "Aint no same in the E-main!"

Scotty, Boomer and the rest off the crew put on one HELL of a show. I will be back! Thanks guys! You will have my support for next year for sure.

Later

Corey Cochran
Apex Hobby
Old 09-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

last year and this year chicane shots.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada-normal_pict0556.jpg   2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada-normal_pict3342.jpg  
Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RoachRacing
"Aint no shame in the E-main!"
sounds like you may have been pitting near HarshGuy
Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

And I had NO problem with Scotty's accommodations towards making it a good time for all...rookie or pro...just like what was done last year.

Just wish he could have stopped everyone else in my race when I had a nice half lap lead and rolled to a stop in the sweeper with a hung brush.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default thanks

Scotty, Boomer, thanks for an awesome time and and awesome event, it's time for me to sleep now , I will be back next year....Tito Bufford!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
sounds like you may have been pitting near HarshGuy
No, he pitted with me and I was in his one E main. Only difference for me was I finished it!!

As always the boys from WI put on a hell of a show and you can count on me being back next year. With the lack of traction of this year though I may try to find a foam setup and get to some carpet tracks to try it for next year, for rubber was not the class to be in unless you are a super tight driver. Either that or I really need to work on my driving to be doing tighter lines for next year.

It was way cool meeting the people I have talked to on here or have watched make posts. I am with Boomer in that next year do as I did, sign up with your RC Tech screen name to make it a little easier to know who ever one is. I did it and it was worthwhile imo.

Oh and I want to thank Boomer again for that "WI Hospitality Package" for I and my wife will savor it!!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks to all that laughed at me and I do remember faces.....LOL

I'm too tired to continue typing. I'll posts some thoughts later on. Long event (yes) but just like it was mentioned earlier....I enjoyed putting a face to all of the names.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

and we enjoyed adding a dress to yours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.