R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-25-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Proud new owner of a Tec4

Well, went to the Hobby Store and the entire time kept telling myself I wasn't going to buy anything just look around. Well they had a TT-01 but no remote and that was expensive. Then they had some other stuff that I liked but in the end I just figured may as well get the Tec4. So far (only got like 10min playing time) this thing is badass! I haven't even got the body on yet. Was REALLY careful with it because I was scared I was going to break it.

Now, got a few questions.

Maintance wise is there anything I need to do?
Free modification stuff?
Cleaning of parts?

crap like that, I'm gonna search the forum for everything. I'm all happy n what not.

Oh for anyone who cares the car has the electronic chip in it instead of the mechanical one and it cost

Car: 220 dollars (had mechanical for 205)
Batters: 50 dollars (got two 3000mah batteries)
Charger: 50 dollars has 1,2,4 amp selector and it tells me the progress of the charge

All in all 330 out the door...I was all upset at the cash drop but its sure fun.
ZeroAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you talking about a Traxxas 4-Tech? If so, you should have a great time bashing around. My first hobby grade rc car was a Traxxas Rustler (about 13 years ago) and that thing was a blast.

As far as upkeep of the car, follow the instructions. Try to clean the car after running. Drain your batteries as much as possible before charging them, and read your instruction manual. I could go on and on about keeping the car up but you have to become familiar with it (not me).

I dont know what type of upgrades are available for the 4 tech. Check the Traxxas website. Although the car is not really considered a "race car" you will still have a blast driving it. Parts that tend to break include shock towers and suspension arms. They are cheap fixes and it wouldnt hurt to have a few extra on hand.

Since I dont have experience with your particular car, maybe someone will tap in and offer some more advice.

Welcome to the world of RC and good luck.

Loren

Last edited by llamont; 08-25-2006 at 10:14 PM.
llamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAccess
Well, went to the Hobby Store and the entire time kept telling myself I wasn't going to buy anything just look around. Well they had a TT-01 but no remote and that was expensive. Then they had some other stuff that I liked but in the end I just figured may as well get the Tec4. So far (only got like 10min playing time) this thing is badass! I haven't even got the body on yet. Was REALLY careful with it because I was scared I was going to break it.

Now, got a few questions.

Maintance wise is there anything I need to do?
Free modification stuff?
Cleaning of parts?

crap like that, I'm gonna search the forum for everything. I'm all happy n what not.

Oh for anyone who cares the car has the electronic chip in it instead of the mechanical one and it cost

Car: 220 dollars (had mechanical for 205)
Batters: 50 dollars (got two 3000mah batteries)
Charger: 50 dollars has 1,2,4 amp selector and it tells me the progress of the charge

All in all 330 out the door...I was all upset at the cash drop but its sure fun.
BTW, I know that you are new to the hobby, but if you do become more serious and decide you want to compete $330 will not seem so bad.

Loren
llamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Don't be upset at dropping $330. If you stay in this hobby for very long you will be able to add another zero to the end of $330. It will read like this $3300

Have fun
sdmlsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote