R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #16
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

That is the very, very first MR4TC.

I would say, avoid, unless you really, really need a cheap car that is still new in the box. heh
Old 01-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

"Masami was driving a Special and was just as fast as Surikarn and his 414M2 and everybody else there at the IFMAR worlds. I don't think there is any doubt that the Special is just as competitive as any other tourer out there."

Masami was just as fast as everybody else because he is one of the best drivers in teh world. Give him any competition TC out there and he could be just as fast with any of them. People forget that just because someone is really fast with a certain car, doesn't mean it's the car. Driving is the biggest factor at going fast.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:10 PM   #18
R/C Tech Founder

Huh? I didn't say "it's the car to have." I said it's just as competitive as the rest, which Masami, among others, has proven over and over again.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:05 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Default MR4TC RS

Hi,

I beleive that the MR4TC RS is the rally version but I'm not so sure. The price of RS series are always significantly lower that the non 'RS' version in any Japanese shop's catalogs I that I have seen. So expensive option must be missing from the RS kits.

I can't compare MR4TC to other cars because it's the only one TC that I have. But I can tell you that they're quite strong. I bought mine used 8 months ago and the only parts that I break is a front suspension arm and a servo saver post. BTW I have only run it with 23T stock motor so far. The mod guy might have different stories to tell you.

I agree that the front belt maybe spin slower than the rear because of the center one-way but I can't see anything wrong with that. Otherwise they should spin at the same speed because the front and rear drive has the same ratio. Doen't the X brand belt car work at the same principle? May be I'm not so smart to understand the x theory.

And I don't think that you will get the silver graphite parts (SSG) with the V2. The major difference is the new suspension parts and shocks.
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 02:44 AM   #20
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

It's funny how as soon as someone says a particular car is good - perhaps better than others, someone sprouts up and says it's because the driver is good.

I keep getting that one with X Ray owners in particular. It appears that very few top ranking drivers drive X rays. So that's a great excuse - THE CAR DOESN'T GET RESULTS BECAUSE THE DRIVERS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

Well let's not talk about X Ray here. The Yoke MR4 series are very good value for money cars. In the right hands they are as good as any other car on the market.

Depending where you live, it may or may not be the car for you. Here in Malta I have sold more Yokes in the last 4 years than all the other makes put together. It is strong, fast, troublefree, and there is a good parts and feedback supply. And in the National stock TC class MR4s are 1st and 2nd at the moment, so it can't be that bad.

I certainly can't fault it.

And wasn't someone saying recently that Masami was over his sell by date. Well he certainly doesn't appear so when he's racing.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 02:03 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

which would you rather have the mr4-tc or the xxx-s?
rcracer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:04 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

if i wasn't biased, i'd still say xxx-s, it's newer technology.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:11 AM   #23
R/C Tech Founder

I know I'm not the guy to ask; I race both.

Although, that might tell you something right there...

The Yokomo is much more free-flowing, in my opinion, especially through corners. However, I think the Losi has slightly better handling over all. The Special chassis flexes a bit too much for my liking, so I actually prefer the Worlds chassis, though I have high hopes for the new SSG kit.

Either car is a proven winner.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:02 AM   #24
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

FUTUREAL.

I think you got it just right there. They all have their good points and their bad points.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the perfect car. Just one problem. It doesn't exist.

AXIOM.

I suppose you have a point too. The XXXS is a much newer car, so theoretically it should have more recent thinking in it's design. I like the XXXS, and it certainly seems to work - in the right hands.

Back to FUTUREAL.

Interesting thoughts about chassis flex. Strangely enough cars with plenty of flex seem to work best at our track. Flex, travel and soft springing. Probably because of the bumpiness of the surface.

Actually what works at one track rarely works on another. For example when we raced at West London we found that inserts that we just wouldn't even consider at our track, worked best there.

But yes, the new bits could do the trick on the MR4. I'm certainly looking forward to trying them out.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote