R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #196
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Trinity doesnt have a 12th car anymore from the way I understand it. All trinity drivers will run CRC cars now.

EA
correct as cuffs was running CRC also. and if you caught it all the CRC team drivers were sporting Trinity batteries and motors for the most part. hmm?
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #197
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys!

Any news from the availability of the new CRC Carpet Knife???
Mart42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #198
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart42
Hey guys!

Any news from the availability of the new CRC Carpet Knife???

Two weeks!!! Actually thats not far from the truth I hope!! CRC cars were top 17 in Stock 12th. First non CRC car was Bill Sydor with a L4 (wtih my old set-up on it no less). but after the Mains he drove my 3.2r (well his-I borrowed it from him) he might be CRC again too!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #199
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

my car needed a medic after the 4th round in 19 turn 12th scale LOL

I guess turning in 4 foot early is a problem... its the brain pain coach

My 12th scale was pretty good even though it was a t-bar and all
thanks ray for all the support... Were it not for him telling me I should've run a spring car I couldn't have been BQ lol

Unfortunately I'll be building a whole new car that one cannot be resurrected everything is bent or broke on it LOL Deductible was too high for insurance to total it out
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #200
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

just like to say thanks for a great race my hat goes off the the whole gate crew the track was fast but fun to drive and the bite was dialed been a while since we run on that kind of bite .. see everyone at the champs
Old 10-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #201
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I sure had a great time out there! Between the racing, chinese food every day, and the funny messed up pit humor i can't wait to go again next year.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:31 PM   #202
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Smyka i second that. Top notch race by the crew at the gate. New carpet was very nice and the layout was good. First time for me at the classic and i had a great time.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #203
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

I guess ill add in also. Was my first big race and It was an absolute blast. Next year ill have to sign up for a second class other than just stock 12th. There was so much time between my qualifiers that I walked around the south gate shopping mall too many times to count. Thanks for an awesome facility and an excellent staff.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #204
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigJim14226

All the guys at The Gate did an AWESOME job AGAIN..... JB and Myself had a blast. Even though I suck at racing, I always enjoy goofing with the guys, Jimmy H, Mike W, Chris C..... Keep up the great work. Can't wait to the Finale....

If any of you get up north, you need to check out FastCats, tell em BigJim sent you....
BigJim14226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:37 PM   #205
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
correct as cuffs was running CRC also. and if you caught it all the CRC team drivers were sporting Trinity batteries and motors for the most part. hmm?
Mark and Frank were using Pro-Match cells, so I don't think that statement is true. But it appears Dayger was running for Trinity.
roadbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:18 AM   #206
Tech Regular

Special thanks to the Gate Crew for putting on yet another awesome event. I had a blast, and as always...learned a lot. Following in the foot-steps of Mr. Wise....lost a wheel nut in 19 turn and tapping out during qualifying for stock. .
Great runs by Wise and Seaball to put it in the A and finish strong.
Huang...the sleeper...I think I got the worst of that in 19t.
See y'all at the warm-up.
TC Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:32 AM   #207
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Guy
Huang...the sleeper...I think I got the worst of that in 19t.
See y'all at the warm-up.

Hey-blame Vogan too!!! I am SO SORRY!!!

Ray
Old 10-31-2006, 08:34 AM   #208
TLRacing

Great race this past weekend. The Gate put on a good show. The days were long however I think the schedule was what gave the race so many entries. It is nice to have a race that practice is on Friday with qualifying and mains on Saturday and Sunday. I think there were 262 entries

Congrats to Bobby Flack in TC Mod...even though you run an Xray car...lol. You drove great this past weekend.

Team Losi will be at the Cleveland Warmup at The Gate starting November 18. CYA guys then!!
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:48 AM   #209
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Great race this past weekend. The Gate put on a good show. The days were long however I think the schedule was what gave the race so many entries. It is nice to have a race that practice is on Friday with qualifying and mains on Saturday and Sunday. I think there were 262 entries
I'd like to 2nd that and on my own say that more races could and should tighten up there schedules. Its just too much these 5 to 6 day races. They become 8 with extra travel days in and out of town!!! Sorry for the rant!!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #210
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
Thanks to Seaball for the close, personal, one-on-one attention he gave to each and every participant. We may not have pit towels, but I think he gave us all something much more memorable to take home with us.
Like a personalized pep-talk that turned the weekend around.
"Don't let me see your car within a foot of any board. If I do, I'll step on it."

It moved my soul Mr. Goetz. It sparked a little ember of self-confidence that grew like fire each and every lap that my a-arm stayed intact. When the computerized voice cried out after five minutes of battle "Car 3-You're Done" I knew that I had not only conquered the forces of attrition that tried to enforce most grievous harm upon my car, I had also conquered my inner withholdings to maximize some of my potential in not sucking.

...or something like that.

R.I.P. Tommy Kraimer, 28 time UK Champion, 4 time JMRCA champion, and engineering mastermind behind the TKX-10. The world will never be the same.
Zaner24 is offline   Reply With Quote