Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Where does Hohwart go next??? >

Where does Hohwart go next???

Where does Hohwart go next???

Reply

Old 08-18-2006, 07:18 AM
  #31  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,282
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Barry Baker]
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Unfortunately no. Besides, I don't want to spoil any of Barry's glory. j/k Barry

Don't worry......You Wouldn't!!!!!!!BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROFLMAO
WOW...what are you doing up at 7:15

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:23 AM
  #32  
Tech Master
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,409
Default

He's late for his tee-time....

Josh Cyrul is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 AM
  #33  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Pasadena Ca. U.S.A
Posts: 771
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
He's late for his tee-time....

WOW!!!!!!!

I am doing my job and preparing to go race this weekend!!!!
Barry Baker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:29 AM
  #34  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (37)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,409
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
WOW!!!!!!!

I am doing my job and preparing to go race this weekend!!!!
...It's only Friday, Go golfing...
Barry Baker + T2 = FAST
Oasis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:29 AM
  #35  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,282
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
He's late for his tee-time....

LMAO!! Probably right about that!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:17 AM
  #36  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
LMAO!! Probably right about that!!

EA

Has his self-inflicted injury also had detrimental effects on his golf handicap?
CypressMidWest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:27 AM
  #37  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (46)
 
Punched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 299
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Rick-Congrats with the switch. Does this mean you might be at the cactus this year? If not, then I might just have to release all the 90's photos of you at SRS.....
Punched is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:10 PM
  #38  
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 942
Default howart to ae

hi all:i must have missed it,but when did howart make the move from tamiya to ae for touring car.does anyone have the press release?looks like the old days of the rick howart ae/peak domination will be back!!!good luck
b-man777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:17 PM
  #39  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by b-man777
hi all:i must have missed it,but when did howart make the move from tamiya to ae for touring car.does anyone have the press release?looks like the old days of the rick howart ae/peak domination will be back!!!good luck

Look back a page or two.
Tony Vega is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:19 PM
  #40  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,976
Default

Originally Posted by Punched
Rick-Congrats with the switch. Does this mean you might be at the cactus this year? If not, then I might just have to release all the 90's photos of you at SRS.....
I will be at the 2007 Cactus Classic for sure
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:13 PM
  #41  
Tech Regular
 
flyingm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: flagstaff, az
Posts: 345
Default

When you start talking about the early days, I can't resist. I was fortunate enough to watch these guys from the very beginning. Both Rick and Barry were mid teens when they started racing RC cars. Don't know if Rick will remember blowing up a battery pack at the Briggs Cunningham Museum track in SoCal ...it may have been your first race. As with many of the kids from SoCal tracks in the early 80s they were good from the beginning...who knew how good they would eventually be. I sure missed it at first on Tony...he charged his car under the hood of his El Camino at the Ventura RoadRunners track and of course was beating us all none the less in 1/12 scale. He dreamed of racing in the World Championship...I told him those guys were really good! The rest is history.

Glad to see you guys haven't lost anything on the track even with a few grey hairs.

Good luck Rick and Barry!

Gary McAllister
flyingm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:54 PM
  #42  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Attached Thumbnails Where does Hohwart go next???-rick.jpg  
AdrianM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:40 PM
  #43  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 409
Default

You are right on Rick! 92' to be exact. Nationals at the Detroit Radison.
Attached Thumbnails Where does Hohwart go next???-jdr.jpg  
Andy who? is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:58 PM
  #44  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 851
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by flyingm
When you start talking about the early days, I can't resist. I was fortunate enough to watch these guys from the very beginning. Both Rick and Barry were mid teens when they started racing RC cars. Don't know if Rick will remember blowing up a battery pack at the Briggs Cunningham Museum track in SoCal ...it may have been your first race. As with many of the kids from SoCal tracks in the early 80s they were good from the beginning...who knew how good they would eventually be. I sure missed it at first on Tony...he charged his car under the hood of his El Camino at the Ventura RoadRunners track and of course was beating us all none the less in 1/12 scale. He dreamed of racing in the World Championship...I told him those guys were really good! The rest is history.

Glad to see you guys haven't lost anything on the track even with a few grey hairs.

Good luck Rick and Barry!

Gary McAllister
Now that name brings back some old time racing buddies Tony,Rick,Lavacoat,Clint,GaryMcAllister,Cliff, now thats some old school racing.


Rick good to see you still have it even after all these years.

great job at the worlds


Gary do you still have some RM1s laying around?????

Rick see you at some of the races

old school
Tim Copp

P.S. no matter what I still have a few years on you!!!!!!
tpczx6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
  #45  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (37)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,409
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Now that name brings back some old time racing buddies Tony,Rick,Lavacoat,Clint,GaryMcAllister,Cliff, now thats some old school racing.


Rick good to see you still have it even after all these years.

great job at the worlds


Gary do you still have some RM1s laying around?????

Rick see you at some of the races

old school
Tim Copp

P.S. no matter what I still have a few years on you!!!!!!
...And I even know you Tim...
Oasis is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service