Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
The BMI kit is 100 percent not necessary for anything Rubber.

It will probably hurt your performance in rubber actually.

Also the Bmi did not have a gloss finish it was a matte finish.

But what do I know I havent run this car in a year and so much has changed. lol
Hmm maybe Scooby shined his up it looked shiny to me ... or maybe it was just because i didn't have on is why it looked shiny .
Old 04-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

As far as I know Scooby did not have one. But I could be wrong.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
To answer that question, the move to Lipo.

I'm gonna be running this car as well guys. I ran one a couple years ago a handful of times and had great success with it. I am gonna try to get two cars going so I can do more testing with it. Do any of you have any tips or ideas or things you guys do to the cars different than the way it comes out of the box? Any help would be very appreciated and once I get the cars out there i'd gladly help in the setup department. Greg I know I mentioned this to you at Horsham and you were talking about something with the layshaft and the bearings? I don't remember exactly what it was though can you elaborate more?
Thanks all,
Donny
OMG Donny Lia in da house!!!

you might need to shave some meterial outta cneter pullies to fits those SMC. or get a flying fox shaft YmeBP(Tory) sell

http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com/pr...products_id=81

and mount a set of Sweep tires and go show them why your our national champion!

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Donny your layshafts are on the way.

My changes based on running w/ Schreff, Fairtrace, Sharpe, and a bunch of other fast Type-R guys, you prolly have most of these on your car already but i'll post up for the other newer Type-R guys.

1) move your ball stud on the steering link to the inner hole for more ackerman. Increases turn in.

I dont think donny was looking for a set up help. he's a ROAR Champ.

and I know one more Super star is "coming back" to the Losi camp with Sweep tires on his R machine.

welcome back H_ _ _ _ s!

da john wee~
Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

As far as I know Scooby did not have one. But I could be wrong.
He had something that wasn't stock losi if it wasn't BMI i don't know what it was. It looked like Goetter's, and it was definitely thicker than mine.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
OMG Donny Lia in da house!!!

you might need to shave some meterial outta cneter pullies to fits those SMC. or get a flying fox shaft YmeBP(Tory) sell

http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com/pr...products_id=81

and mount a set of Sweep tires and go show them why your our national champion!

I dont think donny was looking for a set up help. he's a ROAR Champ.

and I know one more Super star is "coming back" to the Losi camp with Sweep tires on his R machine.

welcome back H_ _ _ _ s!

da john wee~

Oh I know, I've seen him drive . That post was more for the other Type-R newcomers we have in the thread. His post just fired off the right braincell for me.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

He had something that wasn't stock losi if it wasn't BMI i don't know what it was. It looked like Goetter's, and it was definitely thicker than mine.
The bmi chassis was 2.5mm quasi satin finish carbon fiber

The stock chassis is glossy 2.75 non quasi carbon fiber.

I have no idea what scooby dremeled himself lol.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Oh I know, I've seen him drive . That post was more for the other Type-R newcomers we have in the thread. His post just fired off the right braincell for me.
O I C, good information for new comers for sure

da john wee~
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

The bmi chassis was 2.5mm quasi satin finish carbon fiber

The stock chassis is glossy 2.75 non quasi carbon fiber.

I have no idea what scooby dremeled himself lol.
Me either but it was pretty fast.

So you would suggest a stiffer (thicker) chassis for rubber vs a thinner one? I always thought you wanted thinner chassis (more flex) for rubber tires.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Sure is nice to see a few come back to this R!

Personally I don't think anyone has come up with a design like it yet.

Welcome back all!

Larry... When are you coming back?

Also spoke with Jason @ BMI.. He no longer has the CAD files for the Losi chassis... Would have to start from scratch again = very expensive.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Lol that means he doesnt want to make them, he didnt want to make the ones he made for us the first time.

I won't ever run another Type R. Losi seems to be dropping parts support for the car from what I hear, and nothing has been developed for it in over 3 years by Losi. I'll stick with my TOP car that has great support and my suggestions are taken and brought to fruition by a company that cares about Onroad.

Tory, Quasi laid carbon fiber is much stiffer and as better return than standard carbon fiber. a 2.5 quasi component grade carbon similar to what BMI uses is probably 2x stiffer than 2.75 standard carbon fiber.

Either way the BMI chassis was not even needed on Foams and def not needed on Asphalt.

We mainly ran the BMI chassis because it looked cooler and was slightly stiffer when we ran Foams.

Out of the box the Type r is the stiffest car on the market that is not Foam specific.

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
Sure is nice to see a few come back to this R!

Personally I don't think anyone has come up with a design like it yet.

Welcome back all!

Larry... When are you coming back?

Also spoke with Jason @ BMI.. He no longer has the CAD files for the Losi chassis... Would have to start from scratch again = very expensive.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Lol that means he doesnt want to make them, he didnt want to make the ones he made for us the first time.

I won't ever run another Type R. Losi seems to be dropping parts support for the car from what I hear, and nothing has been developed for it in over 3 years by Losi. I'll stick with my TOP car that has great support and my suggestions are taken and brought to fruition by a company that cares about Onroad.

Tory, Quasi laid carbon fiber is much stiffer and as better return than standard carbon fiber. a 2.5 quasi component grade carbon similar to what BMI uses is probably 2x stiffer than 2.75 standard carbon fiber.

Either way the BMI chassis was not even needed on Foams and def not needed on Asphalt.

We mainly ran the BMI chassis because it looked cooler and was slightly stiffer when we ran Foams.

Out of the box the Type r is the stiffest car on the market that is not Foam specific.
Gotchya, good to know about the carbon.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Yup totally understand the wanting to support on-road thing. Thats why I have so much Tamiya stuff.... But the R is such a darn good car.

Dropping parts support for it? As in just the top deck mentioned here or inside sources?

Old 04-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default thanks

thanks for the shout john and thanks for the tips guys i really look forward to running the car again and trying something different!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Ran my R in VTA for the first time.
WOW. Very wide sweet spot in the tuning of this thing. The low polar moment of inertia was very evident. Even with a little push it rotates well on corner entry.

And when I cranked in a lot of steering I could "catch" it if I over rotated into the apex. I like an aggressive tune and it worked well like that.

WOW. I should have got one years ago.

I'm really hoping Horizon continues parts support.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hmm maybe Scooby shined his up it looked shiny to me ... or maybe it was just because i didn't have on is why it looked shiny .
I ordered a spare chassis from Stormer late last year and to my surprise it was 3.2mm thick! Was a genuine Losi part with the standard 2.7mm part number, but it was 3.2mm. Maybe Losi did a small run of carpet chassis?? This thing was really stiff. And as said before, the Type R is stiff anyway.

Also good to see so many people back on the Type R thread. It was going quiet for a while but now its like the good oll days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.