Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Thats interesting about the spool, thanks. I just started running it last night. What about that foreign company that makes the alu outdrives? Would that be a good option for the spool?
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
IMO not an good idea, origianl plastic cup design is like having an plastic C pillow, kinda cushion for the CVDs to ride on, metal outdrive will creates groove (half pipe?) figure in no time and that will cause binding. you know how horrible that is.

da john wee
I am working on a solution for this. When we were testing the spool in OZ before its release we never had a problem. Even with Dragonfire running it in Mod! To this day I don't think he has stripped one except from a big hit or 2. I have had the outdrives strip very quickly when the traction is high enough and believe it problem to be worse in other countries where tracks are treated and offer more grip.

I am soon to release some machined delrin outdrives. There is no doubt these will be stronger than the Losi outdrives but I want to be sure they work in all conditions without the chance of stripping. I am also wanting to have them selling for the right price. Outdrives are a pert that should be cheap enough that they are replaced all the time as a worn outdrive will prevent your suspension working well and have negative effects on your cars handling. If only they could be $1 each like a XRAY drive-shaft blades!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
I am working on a solution for this. When we were testing the spool in OZ before its release we never had a problem. Even with Dragonfire running it in Mod! To this day I don't think he has stripped one except from a big hit or 2. I have had the outdrives strip very quickly when the traction is high enough and believe it problem to be worse in other countries where tracks are treated and offer more grip.

I am soon to release some machined delrin outdrives. There is no doubt these will be stronger than the Losi outdrives but I want to be sure they work in all conditions without the chance of stripping. I am also wanting to have them selling for the right price. Outdrives are a pert that should be cheap enough that they are replaced all the time as a worn outdrive will prevent your suspension working well and have negative effects on your cars handling. If only they could be $1 each like a XRAY drive-shaft blades!
Can't wait to get some of these. I really like the spool but the high traction at my track makes short work of the outdrives.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can somebody set me up with a rubber tire carpet setup for the type R? I will be running Jaco Blues.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Murray
Can somebody set me up with a rubber tire carpet setup for the type R? I will be running Jaco Blues.

Thanks!
This was posted a couple pages back: page 548
Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo

a Machined Derlin outdrive set! very nice, can't wait!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Two of my Type-Rs are up for sale here on RCTech, one with parts, the other without, if anyone is looking for one (or two!).

....but no John, the green meenie is not for sale!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Two of my Type-Rs are up for sale here on RCTech, one with parts, the other without, if anyone is looking for one (or two!).

sup Greg!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all
To prevent the damage of the out drivers (i use spool and hot motors) use the simply and cheap system..... rubber tape........
after lunch i post some pictures
ciao ciao
Old 02-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
No never use black grease on the balls just get a decent thrust race and rebuild whenever it get gritty. Xray thrust works well although it is expensive.
Mcmaster Thrust is better than Xray and cheaper, I've been running mine for and entire outdoor and indoor season and it's still as smooth as glass.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Mcmaster Thrust is better than Xray and cheaper, I've been running mine for and entire outdoor and indoor season and it's still as smooth as glass.
Where do you get this thrust from?Also do you have any spool and layshaft avail?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

A wise salesmen would of sold his "inspector gadget" cars first, before releasing the "Hulk" edition!!LOL
Old 02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hello i am new to this forum but might be interesed in ur car can u post pictures or a link to wer ur selling it. Thank you
Old 02-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Where do you get this thrust from?
http://www.mcmaster.com/#thrust-bearings/=5wxvtm
Old 02-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Where do you get this thrust from?Also do you have any spool and layshaft avail?
I have the thrust bearings listed on my site here:http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com/pr...roducts_id=100 as well, and Nope i still haven't gotten stock of the layshaft or spool yet. I know Paul is working on them just don't have an ETA.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Type R and a ton of parts for sale posted in the for sale forum.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.