Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badKarma
did Losi stop development on this car? is a new version coming out or is this it??
There is no money to be made in TC and Losi quit doing anything with TC awhile ago. That said the car is fine the way it is and it has done well in some big races with the right people driving it. So if you want one, get one and just ask questions here. They have not stopped making parts for it, so you don't have to worry about that yet.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badKarma
did Losi stop development on this car? is a new version coming out or is this it??

quite hard to improve on this car. Yes, it may need a couple things here or there, but there is nothing else like it!
Old 12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

when you get the set up right with this car, it can be fast.
this car is awesome
Old 12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Certainly the car is really good but.... need some littles improvements...
especially for European tracks properties and for hot motors use.
ciao ciao
Old 12-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Belty Dog
Certainly the car is really good but.... need some littles improvements...
especially for European tracks properties and for hot motors use.
ciao ciao
what do you suggesting? post em up here and let Flyingfox take a look at em.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
what do you suggesting? post em up here and let Flyingfox take a look at em.
Oh well!!!
Beh!! the two most important improve, Flyingfox have yet realized (layshaft and spool).
Personally, based on my two years Type-R esperience, we need:
1) more quality steel LCD front dogbone and axle (after 2 races with spool + hot motor.... a lot of backlash. Not only in coupler and coupling but all right in dogbone and axle)
2) right anti-dirty protection system for diff. (I have developed mine but...)
3) a little modifies for front shock tower (reduce the space for the "slot" of spool pulley about 1,5/2,00 mm) allows to use a little be longer upper front link (about 1,5/2mm)
4) different plastic quality for "C" and spindle (after few races a lot of backlash) or allu. aftermarket
5) more quality kit bearing.......
6) different allu. tube for diff. to use a "D" ring or other lockable ring
7) a different top deck for more flex... (I modified mine two years ago...and now made one completely different)
I think that this few things aren't an impossible investment for losi or who for it
ciao ciao
p.s.: sorry for bad english...

Last edited by Belty Dog; 12-22-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have had my jrxs-r for two weeks now and i really like it. It handles much better than my x-ray, since every thing is lipo it makes an x-ray really unballanced. I have the aftermarket thick steel lcd's in mine. I have the flying fox layshaft and spool in mine and i have yet to break any parts,(that were my fault) a guy i race with cut me off into a board and at the time i was running a one way which means no brakes.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
i have had my jrxs-r for two weeks now and i really like it. It handles much better than my x-ray, since every thing is lipo it makes an x-ray really unballanced. I have the aftermarket thick steel lcd's in mine. I have the flying fox layshaft and spool in mine and i have yet to break any parts,(that were my fault) a guy i race with cut me off into a board and at the time i was running a one way which means no brakes.
There are aftermarket LCD for Type-R ?
ciao ciao
Old 12-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh well!!!
Beh!! the two most important improve, Flyingfox have yet realized (layshaft and spool).
1) more quality steel LCD front dogbone and axle (after 2 races with spool + hot motor.... a lot of backlash. Not only in coupler and coupling but all right in dogbone and axle)
3) a little modifies for front shock tower (reduce the space for the "slot" of spool pulley about 1,5/2,00 mm) allows to use a little be longer upper front link (about 1,5/2mm)
4) different plastic quality for "C" and spindle (after few races a lot of backlash) or allu. aftermarket
7) a different top deck for more flex... (I modified mine two years ago...and now made one completely different)
I think that this few things aren't an impossible investment for losi or who for it
ciao ciao
Its funny but as far as I know all of that stuff is on the list of things to do except the LCD's which in my opinion are fantastic. I'm not sure how you are killing them but I race mod and they last better than anything else I have ever had including xray.

On the subject of the diff... What we really need is a whole new design for the diff that runs the diff pulley on a bearing, keeps dirt out, and has a d-ring style setup for both diff plates. Unfortunatley the design of the chassis makes all this very hard to achieve without making a whole new diff design from scratch. This means all new parts which will prolly make the unit cost more than it is worth. It is a real pain of a problem to fix.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Company Representative

Oh well!!!
ciao ciao
agreed, I think I did fix most of those problems on my car already except that LCD/RCD axle problem, for the axles I googled few time and found a ways to heat treated the metal at home, I might do few sets once my local track open it's door.

for #3 you can just use a Jr link and the camber rod became same length as the Lower arm, do you need longer than that?
Old 12-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Its funny but as far as I know all of that stuff is on the list of things to do except the LCD's which in my opinion are fantastic. I'm not sure how you are killing them but I race mod and they last better than anything else I have ever had including xray.

On the subject of the diff... What we really need is a whole new design for the diff that runs the diff pulley on a bearing, keeps dirt out, and has a d-ring style setup for both diff plates. Unfortunatley the design of the chassis makes all this very hard to achieve without making a whole new diff design from scratch. This means all new parts which will prolly make the unit cost more than it is worth. It is a real pain of a problem to fix.

dont you think the axle is in soft side? I ran mostley stock last summer and needed to rebuilt (filing/grease) mine very often and of cos roll pin keep digging in the axle creating a oval shaped hole.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

dont you think the axle is in soft side? I ran mostley stock last summer and needed to rebuilt (filing/grease) mine very often and of cos roll pin keep digging in the axle creating a oval shaped hole.
That is the problem. In the axle and dogbone become an oval shaped hole. So you can rebuild the coupler and the coupling but not solved at 100% the problem..... (only for LCD. With RCD never problems)
ciao ciao
Old 12-23-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

agreed, I think I did fix most of those problems on my car already except that LCD/RCD axle problem, for the axles I googled few time and found a ways to heat treated the metal at home, I might do few sets once my local track open it's door.

for #3 you can just use a Jr link and the camber rod became same length as the Lower arm, do you need longer than that?
I allways use Jr link (I try std. link but don't like). The question, (for me and my drive style) is that the hole #3 give too many high roll center; #4 give too many low roll center, so with #3 position but 2 mm more longher link.......... you should be obtain the halfway
ciao ciao
Old 12-23-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Heat treated the metal? Please share!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragonfire

I'am not sure too how I killing my LCD (probably too much fast ok sorry!!) but really after 2, 3 full race (about 30 discharge) the hole in dogbone and axle become oval
For the diff., I really solved the problem simply using "a my self made" seal system; switch from std. thrust bearing to a thrust bearing made with std. ring but "fill in" #7 2mm ceramic balls; "glued" the ring to the allu tube..
ciao ciao

Last edited by Belty Dog; 12-23-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.