Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Here are some pics of a production spool. Its about 1gram lighter than the prototype. Its lightened on the inside rather than the outside like the prototype. All testing has gone very well. Should be available in 1 week.
put me on the list for one!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here are some pics of a production spool. Its about 1gram lighter than the prototype. Its lightened on the inside rather than the outside like the prototype. All testing has gone very well. Should be available in 1 week.

sweet!

would it be available by Aug/15/2009 in US? we having a Xray race at out local track on that date, I like to pick up 2 set from tory and run on same day if possible.

good job
Old 07-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am lucky enuf to have the spool pictured here in my car right now. Took it for a run over the weekend on asphalt with some foamies on. Couldn't really pick much of a difference in handling between the standard setup and the new spool but it did however have much better brakes! I guess I may not have had the slipper setup tight enuf but my brakes were noticeably better between 1st (kit slipper) and 2nd (flying fox spool). It was also quite a bit lighter as mentioned before so more weight over front for better balance. As I run mod I can't tell you if it accelerated faster as mod is always quick but it should improve your 17.5t performance slightly too.

Just a note guys that the spool requires 2 x diff outdrives for you to use it so you will need at least one spare when you get it. Other than that it simplifies your front end so you have less to worry about and also less things that can go wrong and ruin your run.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi , a quick couple of questions for you...

1) Could you use the the new Type R diffs with the JRX-S plastic transmission housings?

2) Is it possible to simply buy the Type R pivot blocks and longer wishbone set up and bolt them directly on to the JRX-S chassis?

Thanks fellas!

Chris
Old 07-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joey
this is the site you would get the thrust bearing from, as for size i cant remember its been awhile since i ran a losi...

http://www.mcmaster.com/
I have these thrust bearings in my car Goetter put me onto them, they are FANTASTIC!!! I've rebuilt my diff a couple times, and put probably a whole season on this car and it looks new!

I will have the correct thrustbearing for the Losi listed on my website in about a week. I will also have ones for gas cars as well.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I am lucky enuf to have the spool pictured here in my car right now. Took it for a run over the weekend on asphalt with some foamies on. Couldn't really pick much of a difference in handling between the standard setup and the new spool but it did however have much better brakes! I guess I may not have had the slipper setup tight enuf but my brakes were noticeably better between 1st (kit slipper) and 2nd (flying fox spool). It was also quite a bit lighter as mentioned before so more weight over front for better balance. As I run mod I can't tell you if it accelerated faster as mod is always quick but it should improve your 17.5t performance slightly too.

Just a note guys that the spool requires 2 x diff outdrives for you to use it so you will need at least one spare when you get it. Other than that it simplifies your front end so you have less to worry about and also less things that can go wrong and ruin your run.
I will have one of these outdrives as part of the kit I have a bunch of them on the way already.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tim fry
All I'm having rear diff issues and cannot seem to get it as smooth as I'd like. I have bulit many diffs over the years so its not not a lack of skill. I seem to remember there was some good advice way back but after ages looking through the thread I cannot find it. Can anyone help.

Thanks
Originally Posted by da_John_wee
that s da company! I think this is the part http://www.mcmaster.com/#7806k53/=2x8js3

oh BTW Joey!

YOU TRAITOR!
This was the post with the spool instructions : http://www.rctech.net/forum/6001473-post9779.html

replace the spool pully w/ diff and diff balls: I use the clearish silicon diff lube on the rings, and i use the Losi dark reflective spekly thick goop on the thrust bearing (and use that thrust bearing).

I have to rebuild one of my diffs soon so i will take photos step by step and post them, probably this coming weekend.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
sweet!

would it be available by Aug/15/2009 in US? we having a Xray race at out local track on that date, I like to pick up 2 set from tory and run on same day if possible.

good job
They should be stateside well before then. They are about 48hrs from leaving OZ. The rest will be up to my favourite people at Australia Post!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nice work there Paul... LMK when you have them ready to go!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Nice work there Paul... LMK when you have them ready to go!
You still running a spool? I thought you were running a front diff. Anyway I'd be happy to send you a spool.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Paul, I've been giving the spool a go on Asphalt, and it took a little while to get used to....

I'll send you a PM towards the end of the week... You got my last one?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i want one....
Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i want one....
M, let me know when you order. Maybe Jim will want one too and we can save on shipping. I've already picked up and installed the layshaft on mine.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I will have one of these outdrives as part of the kit I have a bunch of them on the way already.
can you make 2 out drive a set with the spool? I want to start with fresh set of outdrives and keep a old one for spare.

They should be stateside well before then. They are about 48hrs from leaving OZ. The rest will be up to my favourite people at Australia Post!
Awesome!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default thrust bearing

Can someone post a picture of the thrust bearing available from McMaster. Are they built similar to the Losi stock one?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.