Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pablo, I will order one from the US distributor once you annouce that. Looks great!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hi ya, they look great. what would be the chances of getting some sent to the UK.

Cheers

Tim
Old 05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
Pablo, will the PRS spur gears fit?
I've never measured a PRS spur but the PCD(diameter of hole patern) I use is 16mm. It's the most common PCD for spurs. Xray spurs fit as do RW and Robinson.

Just measure the distance between 2 opposite holes on your PRS spur. If its 16mm or 0.62" all is good.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hamster778
Hi ya, they look great. what would be the chances of getting some sent to the UK.

Cheers

Tim
No problems. Postage from Oz to UK tends to be on the slow side but I can send them. If I get enough interest out of the UK I will sort something better out.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Here are some photo's of the completed production layshafts. I found a way to make them a little lighter by removing some pockets. I am very happy with the way they turned out

The guys racing at the Much More Masters tomorrow come and see me. Everyone who has sent me requests, I will have enough for you all from the first run.

Anyone in the US, I am sending some to a distributor, who you can buy directly from. This will to save you postage costs from Australia. I will let you know the details once the deal is finalized early next week.

I really appreciate the interest shown.
That thing is sexy for sure.. I know its probably not set in stone, but what will the base price be, assuming you meet your finacial goals?
Old 05-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
That thing is sexy for sure.. I know its probably not set in stone, but what will the base price be, assuming you meet your finacial goals?
Good to know its not just me who thinks that!

I don't want to do the wrong thing by my potential US distributor by anouncing a price before we have a final agreement. It will be more expensive than other products that allow the use of different spurs, but not so much that it is no longer competatively priced.

You have to understand that my layshaft also solves many other problems too. That gap btween the pulleys is a little larger allowing a wider choice of batteries(Im yet to find one that won't fit), It elimintaes all play between the pulleys and by being made out of one solid piece of aluminium your spurs and pulleys will run perfectly true and concentric.

It's also a far more complex part to make compared to anything else on the market.

Sorry I can't say any more, but expect something very reasonable.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i'm going to buy one as soon as they are in the us
Old 05-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Here are some photo's of the completed production layshafts. I found a way to make them a little lighter by removing some pockets. I am very happy with the way they turned out

The guys racing at the Much More Masters tomorrow come and see me. Everyone who has sent me requests, I will have enough for you all from the first run.

Anyone in the US, I am sending some to a distributor, who you can buy directly from. This will to save you postage costs from Australia. I will let you know the details once the deal is finalized early next week.

I really appreciate the interest shown.
I will surely be ordering one as soon as they reach the U.S., Thanks !!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They look awesome in the flesh ( or my hand to be more precise)!

I have been running a prototype for a little while now and it has been flawless. Normal spurs, no lipo problems, and a little less weight too. You also get rid the e-clips.

It simply improves on losi's shortfall in the design of the layshaft to fit normal spurs and lipos.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Give it more front droop that will give you more on power stabiilty (and a bit less on power steering). Works every time
I tried a whole ton of stuff yesterday and finally started seeing great results with changing ride height and droop. The track was a bit dusty yesterday and unprepped but i think i may have a decent rear setup, now to work on the front end of the car.

What i ended up with was removing the washers under the front rear hinge pin blocks and adding them to the rear toe block, went with high roll center, moved the shocks outboard and went down to 4mm ride height and 3mm droop in the front and 1.5 in the rear. It was getting there, i think i need to come up .5 to 1mm on ride height because the chassis is bottoming out in the corners. I think i'm also going to stiffen the sway bars a bit too to keep me flatter.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Good to know its not just me who thinks that!

I don't want to do the wrong thing by my potential US distributor by anouncing a price before we have a final agreement. It will be more expensive than other products that allow the use of different spurs, but not so much that it is no longer competatively priced.
Pablo

Let me know when you have the price set in Australia, I am interested in the new layshaft as I always have problems with the eclips.

MIKU
Old 05-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone no of a good asphalt setup for the type r?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Default Dragonfire WINS

Congratulations to Dragonfire who today won the Much More Masters in Sydney. This is one of the biggest on road events in Australia and there were plenty of big named drivers competing, but it was Dragonfire with the little known Losi, who TQ'd and took the win.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-trophy2.jpg  
Old 05-24-2009, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minittrackmann
Anyone no of a good asphalt setup for the type r?
I'll get a setup sheet done tomorrow. Another losi driver ran the setup and did pick up some time. Note that he also said it had to be driven with a smooth throttle finger as well but if it is fast then it can be smoothed to suit your conditions (depending on your grip level).
Old 05-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I'll get a setup sheet done tomorrow. Another losi driver ran the setup and did pick up some time. Note that he also said it had to be driven with a smooth throttle finger as well but if it is fast then it can be smoothed to suit your conditions (depending on your grip level).

Thanks and congrats brotha...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.