Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 03-23-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
forgot about "da Goat" !

SMC Losing a ground against TP as expected..I heard TP fits better on the Losi too.

Larcher you trader!!!
Definitely got the goat in there. Think I missed Mike Wise though, sorry. Larcher had a rough week, though I'm sure being his first big race enjoyed himself and gained a lot from the event.

Thank you round 3, you treated me well. Thanks to Ron and Schreff for getting me straightened out at the 360 trophy race in the prior weeks leading up to nats.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I ran the car for awhile with it then dropped it and I feel it is even better. I will probably never go back to it.
But what do the lap times say. So far with this chassis I have been quick everywhere and with a bit of grip even quicker. I will have to give it a go sometime I guess.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
But what do the lap times say. So far with this chassis I have been quick everywhere and with a bit of grip even quicker. I will have to give it a go sometime I guess.
on Carpet, Rubber & One way set up..camber link gave me more steering and more forward traction right away,

I tried Jr link few more time but it always reducded steering on my car.

make sure you have enough upper travle clearnce when you put a regular ball cups on it.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
on Carpet, Rubber & One way set up..camber link gave me more steering and more forward traction right away,

I tried Jr link few more time but it always reducded steering on my car.

make sure you have enough upper travle clearnce when you put a regular ball cups on it.

I also try the setup without JR-link that really give me more steering
Old 03-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Guess I'll be trying it sometime.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

A while a go I asked you guys if anyone knew where I could get hold of an undertray for the type r. After a bit of research I found this site http://www.slipstreamrcshop.co.uk/el...ucts.php?cat=2
I bought the TC3 one as it was the most 'generic' looking one on there. It fits a dream. I'll get some pics up sometime.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
A while a go I asked you guys if anyone knew where I could get hold of an undertray for the type r. After a bit of research I found this site http://www.slipstreamrcshop.co.uk/el...ucts.php?cat=2
I bought the TC3 one as it was the most 'generic' looking one on there. It fits a dream. I'll get some pics up sometime.
I have seen rcmushroom selling the losi steel undertray, but I don't use it because according to the manual said, placing the weight in the front more than rear may get more steering, that the tray can't do that
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

No, it's an undertray for wet weather protection.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default PRS Adaptor

I got my PRS adapters in today. Shorten the pin and got it to fit but the Xenon spur gears that I have doesn't line up with the screw holes.

What spur gears will fit the PRS adapter?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcuz383
I got my PRS adapters in today. Shorten the pin and got it to fit but the Xenon spur gears that I have doesn't line up with the screw holes.

What spur gears will fit the PRS adapter?
i use the Xenon gears with mine.
what i did was use one hole and drill out two holes to make it work.
i never had a problem with the gear coming
Old 03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Question for you guys... when did the type-R first come out? Any projections for the next losi TC, or will the type-R be around for a while? Im in the midde of debating on whether to go with a type-R, or a Mi3.5 (or wait for the next itteration of both).

Thanks!

Cpt.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I beleive it came out march of 2007 (well, that was when horizon started shipping at least, they delayed release date for nearly a year for improvements) and i got mine at the end of march when the first shipment to colorado arrived.

A new TC in the works? nah... The chassis "works", its plenty fast and age/release date should account very little toward your purchasing decisions. Newer isn't always better.

There are only a few things losi may improve on (spur gear options, pulley spacing), and they won't release a new car for something like that, plus, those are simple fixes.

Happy purchasing! Remember, the car doesn't make the driver, the driver makes the car. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I like this car very much, all the other brand relase the so-call new design more or lees copy the TRF416 or Xray is so boring, I don't think losi JRXS-R need to change anymore, I only wish the parts supply non-stop

Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billbill4u
I like this car very much, all the other brand relase the so-call new design more or lees copy the TRF416 or Xray is so boring, I don't think losi JRXS-R need to change anymore, I only wish the parts supply non-stop

They still make parts for the XXXS, so I don't think getting parts for the R will be that much of a problem.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Heck, its easier for me to get street weapon parts than s400 parts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.