Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
Thanks Brett. I have emailed PRS and awaiting a reply. I actually ordered some parts from Losi Parts House already so will continue to do so, depending on local availability.

Cheers,

Steve
I wouldn't worry about breaking thing too much. I watched someone drive around a high grip tight track and bounce off the boards almost once a lap! I drove the car l8r and not only did it work great but it still tracked perectly! No tweak!

Anyway on that subject... I was very impressed with the feel of this chassis so I wanted to find out what it comes with in the box...

What springs, swaybars, suspension mounts etc...

Also is there a spool in the kit?

Cheers.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I wouldn't worry about breaking thing too much. I watched someone drive around a high grip tight track and bounce off the boards almost once a lap! I drove the car l8r and not only did it work great but it still tracked perectly! No tweak!

Anyway on that subject... I was very impressed with the feel of this chassis so I wanted to find out what it comes with in the box...

What springs, swaybars, suspension mounts etc...

Also is there a spool in the kit?

Cheers.
The care comes with 15 lb and 17.5 lb springs, a 2* toe block and a 0* toe block (both aluminum), 4* caster blocks, 0* rear hubs LCD driveshafts in the front and RCDs in the rear. All the graphite parts are made out of EA3 material (stronger than your typical milled graphite). No sway bars or spool hardware.

One of the selling points of this car is that parts are not very expensive. Here is a link to one of the more popular online shops that stock Losi parts. Also visit Team Losi's website for manual downloads and more information on the stock setup.

Good Luck!
Casey
Old 01-31-2009, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mojoman
The care comes with 15 lb and 17.5 lb springs, a 2* toe block and a 0* toe block (both aluminum), 4* caster blocks, 0* rear hubs LCD driveshafts in the front and RCDs in the rear. All the graphite parts are made out of EA3 material (stronger than your typical milled graphite). No sway bars or spool hardware.

One of the selling points of this car is that parts are not very expensive. Here is a link to one of the more popular online shops that stock Losi parts. Also visit Team Losi's website for manual downloads and more information on the stock setup.

Good Luck!
Casey
I looked on stormer hobbies site and almost every part was less than $10US. I'll hav e to check that site out too.

So what rear toe is on the chassis with the 2 degree block? I assume it is 1 degree uprights to give it 3 degrees rear toe.

Also where do you get a good spool from? I noticed on stormer that there where front spool "pads". Does this mean you can build a slipper spool?

Cheers.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I looked on stormer hobbies site and almost every part was less than $10US. I'll hav e to check that site out too.

So what rear toe is on the chassis with the 2 degree block? I assume it is 1 degree uprights to give it 3 degrees rear toe.

Also where do you get a good spool from? I noticed on stormer that there where front spool "pads". Does this mean you can build a slipper spool?

Cheers.
the chassis has 1dg, so it is 3dg, stock hubs are 0, there is .5 and 1dg option hubs.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dragonfire,
glad you enjoyed the Drive. Whilst I am testing out the boards a bit as I get used to the thing almost every lap is just a bit of an exaggeration.

The spool is just the standard diff parts with no balls and some friction pads. All you need is the spool pully(LOSA3329).

With the 2deg block on the rear you get 3deg toe. There is 1 deg in the chassis not the hubs. You can get 1/2 and 1deg toe rear hubs too.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Parts in OZ

Dragonfire,
Parts availability from the Australian importers is very good. They've had every part I've asked for in stock so far and seem to be around the same price as stores in the US. I have also always recieved them in 24hrs.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Correct me if I am wrong... doesn't the kit come with 30lb front and 17.5lb rear springs?

On another note.... are any JRXS-R Aussie drivers attending this year's Much More Masters in NSW?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Dragonfire,
Parts availability from the Australian importers is very good. They've had every part I've asked for in stock so far and seem to be around the same price as stores in the US. I have also always recieved them in 24hrs.
+1 on that! Although being in WA is a little slower... hehehe
Old 01-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Dragonfire,
glad you enjoyed the Drive. Whilst I am testing out the boards a bit as I get used to the thing almost every lap is just a bit of an exaggeration.

The spool is just the standard diff parts with no balls and some friction pads. All you need is the spool pully(LOSA3329).

With the 2deg block on the rear you get 3deg toe. There is 1 deg in the chassis not the hubs. You can get 1/2 and 1deg toe rear hubs too.
Sorry Pablo... not every lap... but a lot of good hits. After having a run the responsiveness makes it a little bit to get used to and easy to miss the turn and hit something else. I am amazed that you didn't brake something and far more amazed that the chassis was not tweaked when I had a drive.

Considering the strength is unreal, the handling was unbelievably crisp, and the chassis and parts are well priced... its hard not to consider.

If the spool is made using a friction pads then it is the same as what I run right now and is the best type of spool there is.

I'll check out parts and kit price and availability on monday. Who is the importer so I can give em a ring.

Cheers.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Correct me if I am wrong... doesn't the kit come with 30lb front and 17.5lb rear springs?

On another note.... are any JRXS-R Aussie drivers attending this year's Much More Masters in NSW?

Yes car comes with 30lb front and 17.5 rear.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jrxs-r

We'll I'll be there though I don't know what chassis I'll be driving yet.... Undecided as for the car of choice for this year but I am swinging the way of the jrxs quite a lot at the moment.

What spur gear does this chassis comes with kit?

What is the standard diff pulley size (41 or 42 tooth)?

Does the diff use the diff outdrive parts to drive the swingshafts or is one side the hub?

Last edited by Dragonfire; 01-31-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

We'll I'll be there though I don't know what chassis I'll be driving yet.... Undecided as for the car of choice for this year but I am swinging the way of the jrxs quite a lot at the moment.

Cool. Good to know that. I think you will be happy with the JRXS-R if you do decide to go that way.

Importers are L O'Reilly. I haven't had problems getting parts from them other than the initial phase when the car first came out, but its pretty good now. For urgent orders either Stormer Hobbies or LosiPartsHouse. The parts in Aus is most of the time on par if not cheaper than purchasing them from the US.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I have a Type R for sale for anybody interested. PM for details.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is the standard diff pulley size (41 or 42 tooth)?

Does the diff use the diff outdrive parts to drive the swingshafts or is one side the hub?
Standard spur that comes with it is a 128. The smallest losi makes for the car is 118 but they are great quality, the same one will last you an extremely long time. Otherwise if you want to use smaller, or different brand spurs PRS makes an adapter for the car.

Standard diff pulley is 42 tooth for a 1.83 internal ratio.

One side of the diff is the hub one side is the outdrive.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Ok guys.... I think I have sorted out what you get in the kit and what else you need. I still have to find out what shock pistons it comes with but they are cheap so will make little difference to the cost.

So to run 2 cars I though I would get the following...

3x kits $329.99
2x Losi JRX-S Type R Rear Hub Carriers -0.5 degree, EA3 (2) $4.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R Hub Carriers-0 degree, EA3 (2) $4.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R Front Spindles and Carriers-4 degree, EA3 $7.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R Front Upper Suspension Arms, EA3 (2) $7.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R Front Suspension Arms, EA3 (2) $5.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R Rear Suspension Arms, EA3 (2) $8.95
4x Losi JRX-S Type R Front or Rear Sway Bar Set (4 bars) $11.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R RCD Driveshaft Set, 45mm $25.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R LCD Driveshaft Set, 45mm $33.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R RCD Rebuild Kit $5.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R LCD Rebuild Kit $7.95
2x Losi JRX-S Kevlar Spur Gear-48 pitch, 90 tooth $3.95
2x Losi JRX-S Kevlar Spur Gear-48 pitch, 92 tooth $3.95
2x Losi JRX-S Kevlar Spur Gear-48 pitch, 94 tooth $3.95
4x Losi JRX-S Spool Pulley and Pads, 42 tooth $8.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R Front Drive Belt $8.95
1x Losi JRX-S Type R Rear Drive Belt $6.95
4x Losi JRX-S Type R Diff Hub $7.95
4x Losi JRX-S Type R Diff Outdrive $5.95
2x Losi JRX-S Type R 10mm Shock Springs-.75" x 12.5 rate (2) $2.95
2x Losi JRX-S Type R 10mm Shock Springs-.75" x 15 rate (2) $2.95
2x Losi JRX-S Type R 10mm Shock Springs-.75" x 20 rate (2) $2.95

This is for rubber/asphalt racing. I believe I have all the logic spares covered and with a spare kit I have the odd spares (like decks/bulkheads) covered too. Let me know if there are any common parts that wear/break easy that I have missed considering one is for 10.5 and one is for mod.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.