Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
is that rollout or pinion/spur?
That is FDR that Tag is running on his motor.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

anybody using a 6 cell with deans plugs? need a picture on how to snake the wires around chassis.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
anybody using a 6 cell with deans plugs? need a picture on how to snake the wires around chassis.
I used to, i used the same angles the manual recommends for the battery bars and made sure the wires were on the opposite side from the belts.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got a losi brushless and i must say that that thing is smoother than my old novak GTX and the motor is absolutely BALISTIC when compared to my brushed checkpoint money motors.

I ran it at a 4.8 fdr with NIMH and rubber tires, but i do have one question,

how do you guys mount the esc in a fassion so it doesn't seem like it could easily fall off in a crash. I run it on the driver's side on its (the speed control's) side so that the wires are pointing towards the back of the car and the set LED's are pointing strait up. I've noticed that there not only is little real estate on the chassis to mount something, but the case is pretty thin as well, limiting the amount of tape you can use.

thanks guys.

-Kyle

P.S.- I TQ'ed and won the 10.5 class at my local track with it on its maiden voyage.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have mine mounted on the other side layin flat rather then on it's side. I have had no issues with it coming off the chassis. I even left the track Saturday with a nice tumble and it is still intact. I think the speedo is pretty smooth also. I only bought the speedo and run it with a Novak 13.5 Pro.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
I got a losi brushless and i must say that that thing is smoother than my old novak GTX and the motor is absolutely BALISTIC when compared to my brushed checkpoint money motors.

I ran it at a 4.8 fdr with NIMH and rubber tires, but i do have one question,

how do you guys mount the esc in a fassion so it doesn't seem like it could easily fall off in a crash. I run it on the driver's side on its (the speed control's) side so that the wires are pointing towards the back of the car and the set LED's are pointing strait up. I've noticed that there not only is little real estate on the chassis to mount something, but the case is pretty thin as well, limiting the amount of tape you can use.

thanks guys.

-Kyle

P.S.- I TQ'ed and won the 10.5 class at my local track with it on its maiden voyage.
Couple pages back there are some photo's with mounting options, i put them in one post here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=7484

I have 2 cars and i have them mounted both ways, flat and in the side and i think on the side is better it gives the speedo a more solid mounting and it keeps the weight closer to the center. I honestly am not that good to notice the weight part, but the i can attest to it being solid . I hit something so hard it bent a hingepin and cracked the chassis and the speedo didn't come off (mounted on it's side)
Old 07-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I stepped on a type r so hard it bent a hingepin and cracked the chassis but the speedo didn't come off (mounted on it's side)
Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

what do you guys do with the lllloooonnnnngggg ass sensor wire?

i noticed in larry's car he didn't have the sensor wire on in the pic...
Old 07-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm in the market for a new car but and anyone confirm the rumor about the type-R being discontinued?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I'm in the market for a new car but and anyone confirm the rumor about the type-R being discontinued?
I don't think they would have made a new batch of lipo trays if the car was planning to be discontinued anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a successor to it.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
what do you guys do with the lllloooonnnnngggg ass sensor wire?

i noticed in larry's car he didn't have the sensor wire on in the pic...
pick yourself up an 200mm lrp sensor wire part #81910
Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all
I ran my car Sunday and I used the kit asphalt setting but I ran on carpet with rubber tyres. We were meant to run outdoors but good old English weather put a stop to that! The car had a ton of steering so I dialed that out but I found that on power the rear could sometimes break free. I was going to stand the rear shocks up a hole but in my last qualifier I clipped the barrier and pulled the thread out of one of the top links and didn't have a spare.

Should I stand the rear shocks up a bit or would you go up a spring rate??

Thanks
Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

going up a spring rate as well as lengthening your camber links will help a TON, also, you can add a touch more front downtravel to allow the front to lift more on power.

good luck
Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Quote: Originally Posted by YmeBP [View]

I stepped on a type r so hard it bent a hingepin and cracked the chassis but the speedo didn't come off (mounted on it's side)

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
I forgot to add that one too, doooooode, I godzilla smashed Ron's car and his speedo was still on the car , i honestly think if that thing were flat it wouldn't have survived. .
Old 07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tim fry
Hi all
I ran my car Sunday and I used the kit asphalt setting but I ran on carpet with rubber tyres. We were meant to run outdoors but good old English weather put a stop to that! The car had a ton of steering so I dialed that out but I found that on power the rear could sometimes break free. I was going to stand the rear shocks up a hole but in my last qualifier I clipped the barrier and pulled the thread out of one of the top links and didn't have a spare.

Should I stand the rear shocks up a bit or would you go up a spring rate??

Thanks
Before you stand the shocks up, do what a_main_atendee sugegsted, lengthen the rear camber link, i'd start w/ the #4 hole on the inside (middle inner) and the B hole on the hub carrier and tune from there, you may have to move to the a hole on the hub carrier if you find that you come loose on sweepers or entries to turns.

I'm going to test out raising the rear roll center later this week, i'll try to report from the track how it does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.