Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Thumbs up

I'm running a sp v1 but I had some issues with it on sat. A couple of times it would not bind up so I had no throttle and it also shut off once and then just come back to life? other then that the sp has been a great speedo....

I'm sure they fixed those problems on the v2 but for the price of just the sp speedo I can have a losi combo kit

also What ever you order be sure to get the long sensor wire or You'll be sol when you go to put it in
Old 06-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Did you take your issue to the SP Forum those guys seem to be on top of things with product support. I have been reading about the SP from that forum. Practically every question gets answered. And they even tell you to ship itback so they can fix it. Wish they would impliment the computer update option though
Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

no I'm just planing on replacing it. I'll put it back in the 2wd buggy. It always worked good in it
Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 AM
PDM
Tech Adept

I have been driving the Type-R for some months now and I like the car very much.

I bought the type-R because of its design in the first place. I thought I would need to have that car only to be possible to look at it at home. I am an architect and the "architecture" of the Type-R impressed me very, very much.
Could not be the perfection but for sure it is easy to make it perfect.

At the beginning my car seemed always loose, the rear always wanted to go faster than the front. Today I have the ideia that beside the question of the weight balance in the car being 50% at front and 50% at rear if the rear is loose 90% of the chances that the front spool is loose.

I can not keep it tight for long. every 4 or 5 packs it needs to be tight.

Is it not time for Losi to make a real spool locked from factory?

Last edited by PDM; 06-10-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

your kidding right, that means losi would actually have to give a shit about the car.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDM
I have been driving the Type-R for some months now and I like the car very much.

I bought the type-R because of its design in the first place. I thought I would need to have that car only to be possible to look at it at home. I am an architect and the "architecture" of the Type-R impressed me very, very much.

At the beginning my car seemed always loose, the rear always wanted to go faster than the front. Today I have the ideia that beside the question of the weight balance in the car being 50% at front and 50% at rear if the rear is loose 90% of the chances that the front spool is loose.

You know i'm a little upset about this too, mine keeps loosening up as well. Not sure what the market is for this car but how hard could it be to put a lock nut in the dam diff half. I was thinking of just heating up a nut w/ a blow torch and sinking it into the plastic hahaha.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Really, I am not trying to stir anything up, but are you sure you have the spool properly assembled? I built my car with a spool and have run it about every week for 4 or 5 months without the spool backing off at all.

Originally Posted by PDM

Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I Imagine alot of you having loose problems running a spool are running overdrive.

Losi mislabeled a bunch of their 42 tooth spool pulleys. If you purchased a 42tooth spool pulley in the last 5 months its very possible you eneded up with a 41 tooth in a 42 tooth package. Everyone check thier spool pulleys and get back to me.

Is it really that hard to tighten the spool up every 4 runs? It takes about 1 second to stick a screwdriver in there and twist a 1/4 turn?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I Imagine alot of you having loose problems running a spool are running overdrive.

Losi mislabeled a bunch of their 42 tooth spool pulleys. If you purchased a 42tooth spool pulley in the last 5 months its very possible you eneded up with a 41 tooth in a 42 tooth package. Everyone check thier spool pulleys and get back to me.

Is it really that hard to tighten the spool up every 4 runs? It takes about 1 second to stick a screwdriver in there and twist a 1/4 turn?
Just a quick FYI for people to tell what pulley they have...

The 42T pulleys have a rib along the side of the pulley. The 41s have a flat side. You'll see it when you look. There's also mention of it in the manual.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:28 AM
PDM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

I will check that. But I believe that is not the case.

No, it is not hard to tighten the spool every now and then, the problem is that if it needs tighten is because it is loose and it always get loose in the middle of a final

And a proper spool is so easy to do at the factory

Another question, I leave the thrust bearing in the spool, do you?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PDM
I will check that. But I believe that is not the case.

No, it is not hard to tighten the spool every now and then, the problem is that if it needs tighten is because it is loose and it always get loose in the middle of a final

And a proper spool is so easy to do at the factory

Another question, I leave the thrust bearing in the spool, do you?
Thrust bearing is in my spools also. The reason they made the spool the way they did was so damage can be limited on a hard hit. A true locked diff will have no give obviously where as the one Losi puts out will have give to it in a hard hit.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You could just snug the spool up right before the final. I usually check eveything out before my main to make sure its good to go.

I dont think a "proper" spool is necessary. A mulitdiff weighs about 15lbs and is 60 dollars. Making a losi spool costs like 6 bucks and weights less than the regular diff.

I do leave the thrust bearing in. A little jb weld in the outdrive will hold it if your that worried about tightening the spool every run.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Just a quick FYI for people to tell what pulley they have...

The 42T pulleys have a rib along the side of the pulley. The 41s have a flat side. You'll see it when you look. There's also mention of it in the manual.
I wish this was posted a couple of months ago. Now I know why I have constantly been fighting with corner entry push followed by the shuffle on corner exit. I've been running with a 41 spool pulley for months.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Xpress
I wish this was posted a couple of months ago. Now I know why I have constantly been fighting with corner entry push followed by the shuffle on corner exit. I've been running with a 41 spool pulley for months.
I had Larry inform me of that a few weeks ago. Fortunately that was not my issue since I had my pulleys since the car came out.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If the spool keeps loosening up it is likely that the outdrive has been stripped out from being overtightened. Mine came loose after i titghtened it too much, put a new outdrive on, and it has been fine since, this is with running a 41 pulley on an indoor high bite track.

You could always just glue the whole thing together with an epoxy or ca glue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.