Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ivy, LOSA3329 is the 42T Spool Pulley & Plate: JRX-S Type R. Get that take out the Regular pulley and balls and put the new spool pulley in and crank it down. There you go.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
I have like 2.5 mm of droop (mesured like JKA). I'm now running 17.5 Front and 15 rear springs. Thats how my car perform the best on our med traction track. With softer spring my car was rolling to much an felt like it has less corner speed. Again this is with a stock motor...
im running also a stock motor.i run the foam tire set-up with the 40 oil all around vs the 50.and a rear camber link change to a shorter position.
i got like 35 pound spring in front and 15 rear.
i measure droop by screwing the droop screws all the way out.then i do ride height.which i am at 5mm.the once i do that i set the chassi on the 6mm spot on the gage.screw the droop screw down till the tire lifts off the table.then back it back down till it touches.

is this the way you all do it?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thats the same droop measurement as mine. 1mm is probably not enough. I'm running 2mm front and rear.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JKA
Thats the same droop measurement as mine. 1mm is probably not enough. I'm running 2mm front and rear.

ok kool-i will try running 2mm front and rear and go from there.i will get back to you at the end of the week and let you know how it worked.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yo Larry, Cool Thanks for the info Bro

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Ivy, LOSA3329 is the 42T Spool Pulley & Plate: JRX-S Type R. Get that take out the Regular pulley and balls and put the new spool pulley in and crank it down. There you go.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rubber tire Carpet setup

At the track this weekend I had my woobie rubber tire setup (favorite one) that seems to always work real well.

They ran an abnormally high number of foam tire heats and it brought the traction WAY up (it's normally med-low grip for carpter).. I was traction rolling like crazy. Athough I had a lot of steering, it was not overwhelming.

Question: What is the best way to adjust for traction rolling... harder tires? stiffer springs? lower roll center? Sway bars? other? When I mean best, I mean one that tends to be the fastest setup(if their is one).. If not, the easiest one to change back later...

My regular setup is: (near identical to a couple floating around on this thread)

Stiff front diff (not spool)
15 lb springs all around
.165 hexes front, .225 hexes rear (pushes alot without this)
ride height front: 5.0 rear 5.5
Sorex 24's
Low roll center
LiPO weighted top and bottom to simulate Ni-MH.
13.5 motor

Current tuning options:
I carry assortment of springs.
I carry Sorex 24's, CS-27's, RP30's
Sway bars

I know the big racers out their deal with widely varying tracks all the time. Pretty much all my racing is at the local track, so rarely do I encounter conditions to far from the norm...

Your comments are appreciated.

markf3x
Old 12-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You could try a light to medium sway bar on the rear to free the car up a touch. I usually run the front roll center as high as I can. Since it wasn't a normal track condition, I'd try some of the cheap and dirty adjustments first. That way you won't have to re-invent your setup, only to switch it all back the following week.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

When the bite is high running your rear that much wider than the front will make the car traction roll. I would try to even up the width some. You can get the car to turn without that much differentiation of widths.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
When the bite is high running your rear that much wider than the front will make the car traction roll. I would try to even up the width some. You can get the car to turn without that much differentiation of widths.
ahh... good point... I'll give that a try and it's a quick adjustment..

markf3x
Old 12-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sportpak
You could try a light to medium sway bar on the rear to free the car up a touch. I usually run the front roll center as high as I can. Since it wasn't a normal track condition, I'd try some of the cheap and dirty adjustments first. That way you won't have to re-invent your setup, only to switch it all back the following week.
WOULDNT THE SWAY BAR ON THE REAR OF THE CAR CAUSE MORE STEERING?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

If he's traction rolling, that tells me he's transfering a lot of weight and planting hard enough to traction roll. A sway bar might help slow or reduce it enough to get him through the corner.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If anyone has a steel lipo tray they want to part with pm me.

Thanks,
Casey
Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by morris
WOULDNT THE SWAY BAR ON THE REAR OF THE CAR CAUSE MORE STEERING?
Thanks for the suggestions.

The car's current setup (low-med grip) is really well balanced and planted in the corners (you'll hear tires squeel on the carpet in many of the corners). Adding a sway bar front and back might work, but one in just the rear would be awful (I think it would swap ends in a corner really fast).

I'll play around with track width first (widen front/narrow rear). It makes sense.... try riding a tricycle into a hard corner on a grippy surface

Hopefully, when I find the track width sweet spot (that keeps me right side up) it won't of given up too much steering or to much of that firmly planted feeling.

ps- How many of my LOSI brotheren are attending snowbirds in FL or Nats in Omaha? I'm looking to make Omaha my first big race (bummer, sounds like no rubber!) and maybe go to watch at snowbirds.. Would love to race at Snowbirds, but timing is awful for my work.

Cheers,
Markf3x
Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mojoman
If anyone has a steel lipo tray they want to part with pm me.

Thanks,
Casey
Someone told me they discontinued it because of tweak issues. Anyone else hear this?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markf3x
Thanks for the suggestions.

The car's current setup (low-med grip) is really well balanced and planted in the corners (you'll hear tires squeel on the carpet in many of the corners). Adding a sway bar front and back might work, but one in just the rear would be awful (I think it would swap ends in a corner really fast).

If you run the light bar, it will free you up just a touch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.