Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:40 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Owners at my lhs say Jan. 20. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Owners at my lhs say Jan. 20. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Not gunna happen, at the Novak race Todd is not giving out any dates but saying that feb/march is realistic, no info other then that.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
Not gunna happen, at the Novak race Todd is not giving out any dates but saying that feb/march is realistic, no info other then that.
Here we go again, another mid March release just like the last car.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Here we go again, another mid March release just like the last car.
No offical release date has been anounced, many of the parts are done they are just waiting on a couple things, as soons as Losi has them I am sure everyone will be able to get their hands on a kit!
Old 01-07-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs down

That's really smart.
Releasing a carpet spec'ed car at the end of the season.

I've been keeping quiet but I just can't stand it any more.

What's the use of buying a kit when for most of us it would be on the shelf for months?

It's a shame too cause I'm a Losi faithful. In fact I'm the only person at our track that runs one in touring. And even though my JRXS does fairly well, I've really been looking forward to wiping the smirks off of the "007 gang" there. lol

I understand that there can be delays but Losi has been in it long enough that they should recognize when a release date is unrealistic.

If they release in February or March that will then be 3-4 months from their original date. That is just unacceptable for any company that values it's reputation.

Heck, at least leak some official information about WHY it's delayed.

Now, I've just got to hope my JRXS doesn't break a front A-arm as apparently Losi has the same super-efficient team of mongoloid monkeys making those parts.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

the jrxs-r is not just a carpet car. it's a few setup changes away from being a asphalt car; basically springs, pistons, and oil are the only parts needed.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RussB
the jrxs-r is not just a carpet car. it's a few setup changes away from being a asphalt car; basically springs, pistons, and oil are the only parts needed.

Don't forget the arms. Originally Todd said the car would be ready for carpet so it would come with the longer arms. The team guys have been running the shorter arms( same as we now use) for asphalt. Just FYI.

Brant
Old 01-07-2007, 12:16 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

So the short arms are gonna be avail. in EA3 also?
Old 01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
So the short arms are gonna be avail. in EA3 also?

That was my understanding. The new arms for the Type R have two "BK" holes for different lower shock positions. This is only on the preproduction arms that I have seen. I would assume that the updated short arms will follow suit. I believe most if not all the Losi composites will be the EA3 material. This may be the delay for release of the Type-R. I don't know if they are having molding problems or they may be rejecting some of the early parts as not up to snuff. Just a guess here.

Brant
Old 01-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They had issues with the process on the first run of XXXCR's, that much I know. I could only hope they got the process down by now, but who knows.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
That was my understanding. The new arms for the Type R have two "BK" holes for different lower shock positions. This is only on the preproduction arms that I have seen. I would assume that the updated short arms will follow suit. I believe most if not all the Losi composites will be the EA3 material. This may be the delay for release of the Type-R. I don't know if they are having molding problems or they may be rejecting some of the early parts as not up to snuff. Just a guess here.

Brant
The 2 holes are more so you can have just the one longer arm, but "move" it out to put it in the short setting. This is nice b/c it is easy and pretty fast to go from long to short arm, and you dont need different arms in the box.

EA3 stuff that i used is stong if you ask me, anything could break if ya hit enuff stuff...ehem...pooky...lol
Old 01-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

My xxxcr kit I got in Nov had been on the shelf since they came out last May. I ran mod buggy with the EA3 stuff and it was a good 55 deg or so at the track and only broke a pivot block. But that goes to that saying about anything can break if its hit hard enough, and I tell ya I hit it plenty hard lol. I think something racers overlook is the prep time for new kits. Using a good thread tap on all parts where screws go in will save lots of time and headaches.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
The 2 holes are more so you can have just the one longer arm, but "move" it out to put it in the short setting. This is nice b/c it is easy and pretty fast to go from long to short arm, and you dont need different arms in the box.

EA3 stuff that i used is stong if you ask me, anything could break if ya hit enuff stuff...ehem...pooky...lol

Yeah-Yeah-Yeah
LOL

Mike--Joo have PM brudder!

Brant
Old 01-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
My xxxcr kit I got in Nov had been on the shelf since they came out last May. I ran mod buggy with the EA3 stuff and it was a good 55 deg or so at the track and only broke a pivot block. But that goes to that saying about anything can break if its hit hard enough, and I tell ya I hit it plenty hard lol. I think something racers overlook is the prep time for new kits. Using a good thread tap on all parts where screws go in will save lots of time and headaches.

Das a fact Jack about prep!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slippery Dan
........If they release in February or March that will then be 3-4 months from their original date. That is just unacceptable for any company that values it's reputation.

Heck, at least leak some official information about WHY it's delayed.

The problem is most likely that the product design didn't finish in time or had last minute changes that delayed the start of production. Especially if it involves tooling for injection molded parts.

Then the container full of kits must ship within Jan. or at least by end of Jan. in order to reach U.S. shores by late Feb. or mid March. Hopefully they'll use a Korean container line otherwise it won't even see water until mid March because the Chinese are off for the entire month of Feb. for Chinese New Year.

You'll say WTF??? Losi is made in China??? Well how do you expect them to make a profit and sell for about $100 less than an X-Ray or Corally? Just as much engineering went into the JRXS-R as well as materials. Are we paying more for those cars because it is made with better materials? You decide.

I guess X-Ray doesn't have this problem because their products are made in Slovakia, formerly Yugoslavia. I'm not sure what holidays they celebrate there, but it doesn't stop them from producing new product.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against Losi. I'm on this thread for the same reason as everyone else here. So I am anxious as anybody to get the new JRXS-R as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.