Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 02-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasterPlan
Thanks for the information and honesty. I to use a GTB speedo and a novak FM reciever. My other losi will use the new electronics. So I may go with the 4000mah short pack with micro spectrum and tekin RS Pro. I will see if I can get it all on the tray.
If you stand the GTB up on its edge you can pull it off... come to think of it, I could do that with my Havoc if I had a shorty LiPo.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Any of you guys looking to pick up an extra type r let me know I'm thinking of letting mine go and I got tons of spares
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default type r

Originally Posted by matt*strike
Any of you guys looking to pick up an extra type r let me know I'm thinking of letting mine go and I got tons of spares
I may know of someone at our local track that was looking for one. How much and what do you want to sell with it?
Old 03-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

He's mine. I used a Kinetic with a shorty on the steel tray. I had to shave some of the metal off of the steel tray in order for the shorty to fit flat. I also cut 2 slots on the tray so that I can tape the pack down. It will be easier to remove the upper deck to exchange lipos than to remove the tray. I will add more pics when I complete the electronics install. I plan on running 17.5/13.5 this summer to get ready for the 2012 Paved On-Road Nats.

I'm in need of a starting asphalt setup and I'm looking for an Exotec upper deck. If you have either please post info or PM me.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-losi-023.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-losi-024.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Here is my question for that layout you have there Ray. Are you going to be running boosted 17.5/13.5 or blinky and if your running boosted how do you fit a fan on the esc. I have a type r to and i don't see that much space in there for the esc you have. Granted I am running a speed passion esc.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

I have a two of these cars and cannot comprehend why you would want to remove the battery from the top. You're removing at least eight screws rather than the four that hold in the tray from below. I just unhooked and removed my battery and it took a grand total of 25.9 seconds (and that includes the tenths that it took me to tap the stopwatch). I can pretty much guarantee you can't do it that quickly from the top and eliminate any chance that you may affect your corner loads and tweak upon reinstallation. That's just my two cents though.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Here is my question for that layout you have there Ray. Are you going to be running boosted 17.5/13.5 or blinky and if your running boosted how do you fit a fan on the esc. I have a type r to and i don't see that much space in there for the esc you have. Granted I am running a speed passion esc.
All the classes I will be running will be "blinky". If I need a fan I will install on on the side of tha chassis and point it at the esc. It's a tight fit....but it fits.

Originally Posted by Lessen
I have a two of these cars and cannot comprehend why you would want to remove the battery from the top. You're removing at least eight screws rather than the four that hold in the tray from below. I just unhooked and removed my battery and it took a grand total of 25.9 seconds (and that includes the tenths that it took me to tap the stopwatch). I can pretty much guarantee you can't do it that quickly from the top and eliminate any chance that you may affect your corner loads and tweak upon reinstallation. That's just my two cents though.
Good points. But I don't need to remove the battery in 29sec. I'm sure it will take hours between rounds. The speedo is mounted to the lipo tray. Not wanting to unsolder or unplug the speedo everytime I want to change the pack. It's easier to remove the upper deck. Everytime (and I mean everytime) I take my car to my pit I always loosen the upper deck. Loosening the upper deck help curb any tweak caused during a run. I remove tires and loosen the upper deck. When I tighten down the upper deck I always tighten it on a flat surface and usually have someone pressing down on both shock towers while I snug things up. This helps keep the lower deck flat....which keeps the car more consistent between runs. Hitting a board or tube will alter a cars setup or cause tweak. So my taking the upper deck off the car won't hurt a thing. Also all I need to do is remove the screws and swing the deck out of the way....no need to remove the steering linkage from the servo arm.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I figured the steering linkages more than likely would be able to allow it enough movement to get the next pack in there. Everybody has their own pit program and I can see your points as well. I routinely check my ride heights at 4 points as well as wheel loads but I've generally only check chassis flatness during my beginning of day prep. Personally, I don't feel the need to loosen the top deck if not necessary but I can certainly see the benefit of regularly checking the main chassis. As a matter of fact I recently shimmed my bulkeads ever so slightly because it was tweaked just a bit and was making it difficult to get balanced properly.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
He's mine. I used a Kinetic with a shorty on the steel tray. I had to shave some of the metal off of the steel tray in order for the shorty to fit flat. I also cut 2 slots on the tray so that I can tape the pack down. It will be easier to remove the upper deck to exchange lipos than to remove the tray. I will add more pics when I complete the electronics install. I plan on running 17.5/13.5 this summer to get ready for the 2012 Paved On-Road Nats.

I'm in need of a starting asphalt setup and I'm looking for an Exotec upper deck. If you have either please post info or PM me.
What part of your pit program uses that hammer to the left of your car?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom

id recommend you look for a setup from Mike Haynes from 2010 at Jackson RC. his type-r was really good that summer. he had the lightest springs i've ever seen on a car....
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default type r

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Thats not a hammer, that is a "Fine adjusting tool", used in the most delicate adjustments. Like when you just cant get the setup just right, and you have worked on it for weeks, THATS WHEN YOU PICK UP THE FREAKING HAMMER AND JUST........... oops, I mean fine adjusting tool and do some minor tweaking. Whew, almost lost it for a moment. LOL
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

In my experience, never have a hammer within reach while working on your car big scale or small scale. Saves you alot of grief.

Last edited by vabroom; 03-11-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I did say it was a tight fit! The hammer is used for fine adjustments.

Finished the electronics install at the track yesterday. Our outdoor season doesn't really start until the end of April, but I was able to get it on the outdoor track for a few laps. Everything worked fine. Now I need to work on the setup and gearing.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

You haven't seen precision hammering unless you watched people re-seat the old brushed stock motor bushings
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone interested in an old Dave Johnson car? I used it for a few 17.5 races, but ultimately it was way too fast for my talent level. It would be a roller with extra belts and components. Should I just throw this up on ebay? I really like to see it go to a good home. It fits lipos well and has a spur gear adaptor on it. Thoughts? BTW.. thanks to all on here that were helpful in helping set this car up.

Last edited by jhwnissan; 03-12-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: additional info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.