Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FARBES
Whoa, i am behind this news!. I noticed JRXS Type-R disappear from losi site as magic. Do they make the JRXS Type-R anymore?
I think it has been discontinued finally....
Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
The apple logo on the front is going to limit your performance...
Haha. Are you still brainwashed by Microsoft. Apple logo will ensure everything works flawlessly, quickly and it will NEVER crash
Old 03-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

I agree, it does run well... But Apple are selective about what can be done on their software/systems, far more so than Microsoft. If we all used apple products it would be far harder to do alot of the things we do now on Windoz PC's.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I agree, it does run well... But Apple are selective about what can be done on their software/systems, far more so than Microsoft. If we all used apple products it would be far harder to do alot of the things we do now on Windoz PC's.
What??

I run Windows, Linux AND Mac OS on my Macbook Pro. Show me a pee cee that is that flexible?

Keep drinking the Bill Gates Kool-Aid.

Back to JRXS-R talk... anyone have any idea when Flying Fox will have more layshafts and front spools made again? I keep asking them, and they keep telling me that they have shipped to Skyrocket Batteries—that was 2 months ago, and still, there are no such parts to be found.

Someone want to do a small run of a similar product here in the US?

It's a shame, too, because all of the LiPo packs I have tried that aren't Orion Platinums hit the spool pulley in the rear and I'm tired of "testing" packs.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

try shaving down the tooth side of the drive pulley, rub them down on emery/sandpaper on a flat surface, and grind down the heads of the 3 small screws, do it to both sides and you wont need the aftermarket layshaft.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by squarehead
Back to JRXS-R talk... anyone have any idea when Flying Fox will have more layshafts and front spools made again? I keep asking them, and they keep telling me that they have shipped to Skyrocket Batteries—that was 2 months ago, and still, there are no such parts to be found.

It's a shame, too, because all of the LiPo packs I have tried that aren't Orion Platinums hit the spool pulley in the rear and I'm tired of "testing" packs.
I bet the new 96mm Losi 3800 lipo would work sweet but their on BO till mid april.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by squarehead

I'm sure a huge batch of.them.was sent to skyrocket a while ago.. Maybe it wasn't enough to complete all orders.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am still waiting on my order from Skyrocket Order #377 ordered on the 3rd of November 2010. I am still waiting for that order and its now what March 19th? Still waiting STILL WAITING!!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am still waiting on my order from Skyrocket Order #377 ordered on the 3rd of November 2010. I am still waiting for that order and its now what March 19th? Still waiting STILL WAITING!!
I waited over a year on something from Skyrocket, simply because FlyingFox never made the part. I got tired of waiting for it so when I changed the order to something they had in stock, Skyrocket Racing hooked me up.

Last edited by flyintrtle; 03-19-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm very inerested in a roller or kit if anyone wants to sell one.

Mike
Old 03-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is my lovely Jrx-s Type R (from Hong Kong)
I am a Losi fans
Old 03-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

What would be a good starting point for my FDR for a a tight carpet track, med-high bite, rubbers with a 10.5 Ballistic. Today I was running a 126T spur & 30T pinion, at work so I don't have the exact FDR, and it wasn't as quick as the 17.5 boosted cars. Maybe it's because I'm don't have boost and my LiPo's are only 20 & 25 C ??

Had a great day of practice today with a brand new setup, changed nothing all day I'm sure it was my setup and not the new R9 body but I didn't notice anything adverse handling wise with the R9 but the track is a flowing tight track so maybe the R9 was just well suited the medium speed of the track. For having almost no sleep in 36 hours I was driving pretty good, only broke a ball stud all day I am so hooked on On-Road now

Last edited by BrodieMan; 03-20-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
Had a great day of practice today with a brand new setup, changed nothing all day I'm sure it was my setup and not the new R9 body but I didn't notice anything adverse handling wise with the R9 but the track is a flowing tight track so maybe the R9 was just well suited the medium speed of the track. For having almost no sleep in 36 hours I was driving pretty good, only broke a ball stud all day I am so hooked on On-Road now
The losi can be quite good to drive so even if the body isn't the best it can still work fine. That said the right body for the track is always fast and it sounds like the R9 might be good for yours.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Someone posted that the R9 needed to be 'driven' more than the more popular bodies and I see what they mean. I could really hook up when I was on the throttle through the corners to get the 'sweet spot' for grip but if I was taking a corner too slow it would push a lot. Suites my driving style though. Going to try my P37 next time right after the R9 to see the difference than maybe for my next body I will join the legions and go Mazda
Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

I nearly gave up on this car, but now have it very good. I always fought a taily rear end, until I stumbled upon this program http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/288021-roll-centre-camber-gain-calculator.html

with this program, I can see which settings will give me more of less camber gain/grip, which can be applied to any car.

and now I have a good setup, the rear end is stuck, and the front end has been dumbed down abit. Car is really good now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.