Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREAKAH
Check the thrust bearing. might be shot.
Dragonfire mentioned that he puts the thrust bearing closest to the diff gear and it works like a charm.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Dragonfire mentioned that he puts the thrust bearing closest to the diff gear and it works like a charm.
On the front side of the diff spring?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP;
Well took it apart. The front diff was set up locked. No diff balls on the pulley and the thrust balls were missing a few. I took out the thrust balls, added a washer to make up the space and locked it down. Have not driven before with a fully locked front diff so time will tell. Took the rear apart, obvious it was slipping, grooved washers. Ordered rebuild, flipped the washers for a temp fix and adjusted it. Is very smooth and I am not able to make it slip by hand so seems ok. Used associated black diff grease to add more stictions.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Have any of you guys tried solaris tires on the rug?if so how do they compare to jaco blues
Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
On the front side of the diff spring?
Yes i've been running it that way and a diff lasts about 2 weeks before a rebuild on an asphalt track.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

TryHard, I was marshalling the final with a couple of the Losi drivers in this weekend and was watching with interest. Were you guys trying anything new at all? Any setups available?

I also noticed that it was probably the scrappiest 3 finals I've seen for a while! Both cars came off in one final IIRC!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
TryHard, I was marshalling the final with a couple of the Losi drivers in this weekend and was watching with interest. Were you guys trying anything new at all? Any setups available?

I also noticed that it was probably the scrappiest 3 finals I've seen for a while! Both cars came off in one final IIRC!
Hey Chris,

Yeah, me and Rich were in the D, so I guess that's the final you were talking about? It was not one of my most succesful weekends tbh, narrowly missed out on the C (I was the red white blue on pole), and then preceded to screw myself over in the finals! Managed some top twenty times, but thanks to round by round, was down in the 30's...
First leg, managed to spin out on the first corner and got collected by the rest of the field. Initially had no idea why that had had happened, but on returning to the pit table, found three of the screws for the battery tray on the table... Schoolboy error! That little mistake cost a servo and a reciver, although nothing else on the car had a scratch which I was amazed with, as I completely expected to take it back to the pits as a pile of bits!!
Secong leg was better, chasing down the leader after a tentative start, when a backmarker decided he wanted to race us... Cue a meeting with the wall and a popped off camber link
Third leg, no idea, massively seemed to lose pace compared to previous runs, then chose the wrong side to go round a car spun in front... So broken wishbone.

Setup wise, pretty close to what Urbain runs now, I'll post a copy of it later on tonight.

Ed
Old 07-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers Ed. Do you think you will be running the Type R next season or throughout the winter?

I'm pretty much sorted with the Xray now (apart from blowing electrics hence my E final disaster!) but I prefer the Losi. I think I'll go back to it for the winter events and next season.

The main problem I always had was with mega understeer and when dialing that out creating the back end to go loose, especially in the slower corners.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
when a backmarker decided he wanted to race us... Cue a meeting with the wall and a popped off camber link
There are a few ways to prevent that, all depending on how much work you want to put into it I used to use the small button heads, I believe from the steering rack to thread into the end of the ball stud with a washer behind it. Other would use a long flathead screw with a oring, then use a washer and locknut on the other side of the shocktower (thread through the ballstud end). If you can find pictures of haynes current setup it's pretty clean.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Cheers Ed. Do you think you will be running the Type R next season or throughout the winter?

I'm pretty much sorted with the Xray now (apart from blowing electrics hence my E final disaster!) but I prefer the Losi. I think I'll go back to it for the winter events and next season.

The main problem I always had was with mega understeer and when dialing that out creating the back end to go loose, especially in the slower corners.
Well, the setup we've got on the car now seems to work pretty well. Feels much better on the rear end (a bit more reactive), but not loose, than where it was before.
I'll explain some of the reasoning behind the setup when I put it up

Ed
Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Right, here we go This was the setup from when the car felt best on new boots, and the main differences it seems over most the other setups around are;

Rear arms forward, increases forward traction due to driveshaft angle, but does give a little more ubnderster as the weight moves back in the car... so to counter this...
1mm under the outer rear camber ball joint.. two things, raise rear roll centre a little, and increases the camber gain.. both of which really helped to free up the rear end mid to exit on power. Was a noticeable improvement on the longer inner sweeper turn, had struggled all the way through testing to get the car to rotate enough there, but it had always suffered on power. This change helped to get the rotation into the car, IMO.

Otherwise, pretty standard fare. I was pretty happy with the shock setup, initially did go with red pistons and 35wt, and that was good over the ripples and bumps in the big sweeper, but still wasn't quite moving enough round the rest of the track, so dropped to the orange/50wt combo. Sealed top and nothing above the bladder were deffiently the call to best deal with the bumps/ripples in the sweeeper though

My setup was a little different to the rest of the guys, they were all running 40wt, 0.5mm extra on the wheel hexes, and 41t pulleys... I personally don't like the feel of the 41t.

One other thing we all played with as well, was trying out 12.5lb springs all round, and a 0.05 f and 0.04 r bar... this gave a bit more steering on older boots, but was very nervous on new... I prefered the attached setup for new boots

HiH
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-ec-brca-rnd-3-aldershot.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Nice one Ed, very useful.

Do you guys think you're coming to a solid setup yet with the car or is there still work to do?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Nice one Ed, very useful.

Do you guys think you're coming to a solid setup yet with the car or is there still work to do?
I think that ones pretty solid. Not going to be able to find out until we get to halifax in a few weeks, but by the end of aldershot I wasn't doing too much anymore. Think it'll just be the standard thing of oils, rol bars and spring tbh.

I should mention that I did try out the arm sweep, but found the parrallel (and slightly narrower) front arms gave better initial for me personally. It's something to bear in mind, so might try it again at halifax.

HiH
Ed
Old 07-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Halifax is my local (I say local it's still 40m away) club. It's the only track I managed to get my Losi working on perfectly.

IIRC I was using the 41t spool pulley and long wheelbase. Apart from that it was pretty much kit.

How are you finding the FF Spool? I've read on here about guys stripping the outdrives, never had that happen myself!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Hey Chris,

The FF spool is going great... since I pinned the outdives!
Now I should point out, it's not an issue with spool itself at all, the main issue is the outdrives themselves. They simply don't have enough meat on them to transfer the power of 10.5's and above... tap something, and they strip.

Paul's actually just let me know that he's close with teh V2 version of the spool, which uses new more meaty outdrives looking forward to trying that out

Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.