Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
I am in the same boat as Pablo, I run around 1 degree of static camber in the front and almost none in the rear. The result is even tire wear, and jaco blue's last a long time!! Also, download the roll centre calculator, set your static roll centre so that it sits right above ground. If you have to adjust ride height, do it. You will notice that the car responds well.

Good luck
LOL I regularly run as low as 1/2 a degree front and back with short links! Maybe I should try zero? I'm not sure what my camber gain is but there is almost always a decent amount in my setups no matter what the chassis. It just seems to work with the tires much better with more gain than less.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dragonfire, I think it was you that use Xray c hubs. If it was, can you list what parts you used and what modifications you did. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Hi Guys

I have only been running my Losi for about 2 months after running Tamiya and Corally and all i can say is WOW, this car is really good.
I ran it at a trophy meet last weekend and ended up second behind a factory Yokomo driver, so i was stoked with that, the car has so much grip and is so easy to drive only wished i had tried it 3 years ago.
Thanks to Troy (Dragonfire) for all his help with the car.
I have attached some photos of my car as it came of the track, i like seeing other peoples Losi's so heres mine.

Rhys
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-picture-080.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-picture-081.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-picture-082.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-picture-083.jpg  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey fellas, I have a new in box type r on the for sale thread for $275 shipped if anyone is interested.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey all....

Had a pretty good run with my R today on low/med grip asphalt on rubber tyres. Set track record for fastest lap, and that run was on 4 run old tyres too! Combine that with testing the new SXX Stock Spec and some traffic, I reckon I can get that another few tenths of a second faster! As usual...I was the only Losi or rather, non XRay in a field full of them things (T2 009 and T3).

Here's my setup.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ORRCCCB 2010-03-28.pdf (425.3 KB, 174 views)
Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ran my jrx-r for the 1st time at Horsham this weekend.
Do to the lack of vta cars I had to run with the 17.5 cars (with my little 21.5).
So I popped on my trash picked Jaco blues,borrowed an old body (thanks Sharpe) and went touring car racing
for the night.
Car was HOOKED up (finished 3rd). I was having a few traction rolling problems (yet the back of the car was loose?) but moving out the front shocks on the tower worked like a champ (car was still a bit loose though).
It was briefly explained to me why moving the front ackerman (front tie rods) out to the outer holes in the bell cranks would also have helped but I forgot why. Can someone tell me what this setting does to the jrx chassis?

Last edited by j.d.roost; 03-29-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Ran my jrx-r for the 1st time at Horsham this weekend.
Do to the lack of vta cars I had to run with the 17.5 cars (with my little 21.5).
So I popped on my trash picked Jaco blues,borrowed an old body (thanks Sharpe) and went touring car racing
for the night.
Car was HOOKED up (finished 3rd). I was having a few traction rolling problems (yet the back of the car was loose?) but moving out the front shocks on the tower worked like a champ (car was still a bit loose though).
It was briefly explained to me why moving the front ackerman (front tie rods) out to the outer holes in the bell cranks would also have helped but I forgot why. Can someone tell me what this setting does to the jrx chassis?
Generally moving them outside decreases ackerman. I find the standard setting generally the best everywhere. If I change anything I reduce it on the link bar for even more steering.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by crabboy
Hi Guys

I have only been running my Losi for about 2 months after running Tamiya and Corally and all i can say is WOW, this car is really good.
I ran it at a trophy meet last weekend and ended up second behind a factory Yokomo driver, so i was stoked with that, the car has so much grip and is so easy to drive only wished i had tried it 3 years ago.
Thanks to Troy (Dragonfire) for all his help with the car.
I have attached some photos of my car as it came of the track, i like seeing other peoples Losi's so heres mine.

Rhys
hallo.......may i know how you put in the spur gear?
thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jimmy611
hallo.......may i know how you put in the spur gear?
thanks
Most of us run the Flying Fox RC layshaft. Talk to Pablo Diablo on here or Skyrocket batteries to get your hands on one. It allows normal spur gears AND widens the pulleys so they do not rub your lipo packs.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can get the cooling fans that fit on top of the motor??........ Love to run the dual fans of the car pictured above.

Thanks!!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miket3
Which tire compound do you prefer for rubber carpet.

would you use a different compound for a high bite/ vs a low bite track ?

Is there any certain compound you wouldn't use and why ?

Mike
Can you guys share what tire additive you run and track surface/ high or low traction track ?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I recently bought a JRX-S Type R from a forum member on here.
I will be racing it soon, it has the front one way fitted but I am unsure as to how it will go on our asphalt track with rubber tires.
What parts do I need to use a spool or diff in the front end?
Can I buy them as a pack or do I need to get each part separately?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Anyone know where I can get the cooling fans that fit on top of the motor??........ Love to run the dual fans of the car pictured above. Thanks!!
The bulkheads are made for any 25mm fan, which I think MuchMore makes, ask Kitchen, he's got some.

Originally Posted by BennyBagems
I will be racing it soon, it has the front one way fitted but I am unsure as to how it will go on our asphalt track with rubber tires.
Go over to losi.com and download the exploded view parts list. It will show all the pieces and their part numbers. To run a spool, simply remove the diff balls and diff pulley, then install the spool pulley. Instant slipper spool!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

I run my car (Pics above) on asphalt and the car is AWESOME.
I to wondered if it was going to be good BUT it really is a good car, I am running the Flying Fox front spool, very well made and works a treat, i have also done the grub screw mod to the drive cups to stop them from stripping.

Originally Posted by BennyBagems
Old 04-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey All, looking to get a JRXSR and without going through this LARGE thread could anybody provide some quick links to the mods or part changes you'd suggest before I run it. I'll be racing VTA on outdoor concrete with the 25.5/Havoc Pro and 2s Lipo. I'd like to use the ball diff and spool in front as they seem to do best on our track designs. The one way is useless. I'm using the Zippy 4000 hardcase packs which are pretty small and have the banana and balance plugs on top at one end.
Already aware of the Flying Fox and PRS parts but interested more in the factory parts that probably should be upgraded or specific mods that would make it stronger or easier to work on. Thanks !!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.