Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 PM
  #11521  
Tech Adept
 
bmitchell373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 238
Default

I think i figured it out, to late to test tho. I had the 42 pulley in the back and the 41 in the front. Hope it works tomorrow. Thanks for the help
bmitchell373 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 03:21 AM
  #11522  
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

Don't know if it's common practice for Type R owners here but does anyone shave/grind/sand/scrape the inside of the bearing recesses in the bearing eccentric in order to reduce drag/friction?
Seems when you assemble the diff tube inside the bearing eccentric and install the O-ring on the diff tube, there is no side play which in turn causes drag.
I sanded the eccentric(s) on my first Type R and when I got my second "R" later, I had to do the same thing. I fixed my eccentrics by using a 3/4" Dremel sanding disc, which fits perfectly, to sand the inside shoulder of the eccentric.

Is this a common (minor) problem?


BTW, I love this car! People can't believe i'm using only 1 degree rear toe-in and still be hooked-up in "timing boost" 17.5. Gives me excellent straightline speed too.
FREAKAH is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 AM
  #11523  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, AB CANADA
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Question about rear toe

Hey all,

I've started racing my new R in our winter series here in Calgary and I absolutely LOVE it! We have a very bumpy track and I can't believe how smooth and composed the car is compared to just about everything else out there. I think there are some surprised folks at our track to see this car do so well (2 third places in a row out of ~16-18 cars ).

Greg's comment a few posts ago about rear toe reminded me of a question I had been meaning to ask...is there any difference between toe at the hinge-pin versus toe at the hub? Would I get the same results by running 1 degree hubs with a 1 degree rear block as I would running 0 degree hubs with the 2 degree rear block?

Thanks in advance for any insight you could provide!

Cheers,
Mike

P.S. Did I say I LOVE this thing!
Hyper_Mike is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
  #11524  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,721
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike View Post
Hey all,

I've started racing my new R in our winter series here in Calgary and I absolutely LOVE it! We have a very bumpy track and I can't believe how smooth and composed the car is compared to just about everything else out there. I think there are some surprised folks at our track to see this car do so well (2 third places in a row out of ~16-18 cars ).

Greg's comment a few posts ago about rear toe reminded me of a question I had been meaning to ask...is there any difference between toe at the hinge-pin versus toe at the hub? Would I get the same results by running 1 degree hubs with a 1 degree rear block as I would running 0 degree hubs with the 2 degree rear block?

Thanks in advance for any insight you could provide!

Cheers,
Mike

P.S. Did I say I LOVE this thing!
keep in mind the car had 1 degree built in it already.les toe= more steering.
if you want to get thru the bumps better try some kickup under the front hinge pic brace.i have never try to run anything but the stock hubs on back.
morris is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 01:31 AM
  #11525  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Giorgio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 552
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

My love affair with Losi Type R is over.

If some one is interested everything is up for sale.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...are-parts.html

Car is almost new, prices are not set in stone, feel free to make a reasonable offer.

Thanks, it was a lot of fun!
Giorgio is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 05:10 AM
  #11526  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...jumping stuff
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hyper Mike
Greg's comment a few posts ago about rear toe reminded me of a question I had been meaning to ask...is there any difference between toe at the hinge-pin versus toe at the hub? Would I get the same results by running 1 degree hubs with a 1 degree rear block as I would running 0 degree hubs with the 2 degree rear block?...
Rear toe at the hubs is just rear toe. However, rear toe at the hingepins will throw more weight forward when you lift off the throttle. You'll notice more and more chassis manufacturers using hingepin toe as they get wise to it. Xray was the most recent convert.

For the record, the Type-R has one degree drilled into the inner pivot block mounting holes, so even if you are running a 0' pivot block and 0' rear hubs, your car will still have 1' of rear toe. As another example, if you are running a 2' rear pivot block and 1' rear hubs, your car then has 4' of rear toe. The rear hubs can be mounted backwards (left on the right and vice versus) to reduce rear toe at the hubs, which is very helpful in my opinion.
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 08:07 AM
  #11527  
Tech Adept
 
bmitchell373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 238
Default

Last night for a quick fix, i swapped my rear block to the front. Is there any advantages/disadvantages of having toe in your front arms?
bmitchell373 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
  #11528  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bmitchell373 View Post
Last night for a quick fix, i swapped my rear block to the front. Is there any advantages/disadvantages of having toe in your front arms?
that will actually give you toe out on suspension (inboard pin angle). after correct them with steering turn buckles, you can expect more initial steering but less stable front end. as per manual say and also from my experience.


da john wee
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 AM
  #11529  
Tech Adept
 
bmitchell373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 238
Default

It does too, I turn it goes then lets loose. I ordered all new hubs, and blocks. Hope fully i can get it set up right.
bmitchell373 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 AM
  #11530  
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,110
Default

I want to buy a JRXSR, I really want to, but I am held back by the fact that nothing new is coming from losi... I sent them an email about it. Can someone give me a little hope about something new ? ability to fit 5400 lipos ? a new softer top plate ? Having a car that has such potential in their hands and doing nothing to promote it the slightest bit is driving me crazy.

I DONT want to buy a car that I'll have to modify with a dremel out of of the box just to give it the proper flex. Am I alone in this situation ? Man, if I ended up buying one just before they finally release the much needed updates, that would piss me off real bad.
heretic is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 AM
  #11531  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by heretic View Post
I want to buy a JRXSR, I really want to, but I am held back by the fact that nothing new is coming from losi... I sent them an email about it. Can someone give me a little hope about something new ? ability to fit 5400 lipos ? a new softer top plate ? Having a car that has such potential in their hands and doing nothing to promote it the slightest bit is driving me crazy.

I DONT want to buy a car that I'll have to modify with a dremel out of of the box just to give it the proper flex. Am I alone in this situation ? Man, if I ended up buying one just before they finally release the much needed updates, that would piss me off real bad.
What much needed updates are you refering to? The Losi Type R was ahead of its time and still is. So good that it does not constantly need newer parts to make it race worthy. "Every" car out there right now needs modification to fit lipo and all of them need more than the Type R in my opinion. Having the biggest mah Lipo does not mean you will go faster or win more races, there are plenty of lipo's on the market right now that are 5000mah and can drop right in. The only thing I wish was that there were still team drivers but I think the people on this form have filled in great from the absence of Losi support on this car. The car is great just where its at.
dfiantii is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 AM
  #11532  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (72)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,064
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by heretic View Post
I want to buy a JRXSR, I really want to, but I am held back by the fact that nothing new is coming from losi... I sent them an email about it. Can someone give me a little hope about something new ? ability to fit 5400 lipos ? a new softer top plate ? Having a car that has such potential in their hands and doing nothing to promote it the slightest bit is driving me crazy.

I DONT want to buy a car that I'll have to modify with a dremel out of of the box just to give it the proper flex. Am I alone in this situation ? Man, if I ended up buying one just before they finally release the much needed updates, that would piss me off real bad.
Do not hesitate,this car is very capable,i was at novak race this year qualified 2nd in 17.5 a main out of 65 cars and had tq until last qual which i was on another tq run when the diff let go,Jim piersol qualified 3rd,with a flying fox layshaft you can run a 5200 50c tp with no mods
steve eaves is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
  #11533  
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,110
Default

Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
What much needed updates are you refering to? The Losi Type R was ahead of its time and still is. So good that it does not constantly need newer parts to make it race worthy. "Every" car out there right now needs modification to fit lipo and all of them need more than the Type R in my opinion. Having the biggest mah Lipo does not mean you will go faster or win more races, there are plenty of lipo's on the market right now that are 5000mah and can drop right in. The only thing I wish was that there were still team drivers but I think the people on this form have filled in great from the absence of Losi support on this car. The car is great just where its at.
Don't worry, I am not a RC fashion victim who thinks that I need the greatest. It's just that Orion packs are mandatory where I race (Switzerland) and I recently bought a Molecular 5400. Also the 4mm tube plugs might be a problem (not sure) with the regular top plate. But I know that my 3 year old Orion will fit, I just might need/want to use something else someday. The main reason why I am complaining is much more towards the commercial attitude of Losi which is very disapointing , especially knowing how easy it would be for them to release a few more parts, among which a "modern" top plate. I know the car can be money, I just feel let down even though part support is okay.
heretic is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:01 AM
  #11534  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by heretic View Post
Don't worry, I am not a RC fashion victim who thinks that I need the greatest. It's just that Orion packs are mandatory where I race (Switzerland) and I recently bought a Molecular 5400. Also the 4mm tube plugs might be a problem (not sure) with the regular top plate. But I know that my 3 year old Orion will fit, I just might need/want to use something else someday. The main reason why I am complaining is much more towards the commercial attitude of Losi which is very disapointing , especially knowing how easy it would be for them to release a few more parts, among which a "modern" top plate. I know the car can be money, I just feel let down even though part support is okay.
Honestly your issues are justified and we have no proof from Losi that there is anything new coming for the car. There are some benefits though, you can LCD front driveshafts for 1/2 to 1/3rd the cost of the competitors. Mods needed to fit the lipo are about 20 mins worth of work and the battery is in probably the best spot it can be.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:18 AM
  #11535  
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,110
Default

Mmh, yeah... I like to give my money to companies that actually do something to deserve it a bit. I know of several persons who feel exactly the same about the car : great car despite the hassle of having imperial sizes, but nothing from the company. We just can't understand how come they didn't take advantage of the great result of french driver Lucas URBAIN at the euros. If they release a new car next week, I'm buying one without hesitation. Otherwise... I will buy one used for 50 euros in 5 years.
heretic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.