Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morris
mike,
get that losi car ready and bring it to richfield friday.pm me if ya need any details.
Whats the distance from your house to the track? I would love to go and run 13.5 foam but it might be a little too far for me since I drive a V8 4X4 now.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys here is a pic of Greg's hulk it's not only the color, but the machine is total decked out by BMI carbon that makes a total package very unique and beautiful, you have to see it for yourself to beilive it, my picture dosne't cover enough of it.

da john wee
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-gregs_hulk.jpg  

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-03-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

that looks really nice.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

yea that does look pretty pimp....lol
Old 02-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Setup help?

I just got a type-r and i'm racing it tommoro for the first time. I race 17.5 rubber on a small tight highbite carpet track, I put greg sharpes setup on it to start with except for the shock oil i used 40/f and 35/r ( I didn't have any 50 and it's been about 45-50 degrees inside the building at our track). I made a few practice laps today and the car is very good except for alittle off power push entering the corner, any suggestions? Running jaco blues with jack the gripper only on our track.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
I just got a type-r and i'm racing it tommoro for the first time. I race 17.5 rubber on a small tight highbite carpet track, I put greg sharpes setup on it to start with except for the shock oil i used 40/f and 35/r ( I didn't have any 50 and it's been about 45-50 degrees inside the building at our track). I made a few practice laps today and the car is very good except for alittle off power push entering the corner, any suggestions? Running jaco blues with jack the gripper only on our track.

without knowing gregs setup, try 30 wt oil in the rear
Old 02-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
without knowing gregs setup, try 30 wt oil in the rear
Yeah, without knowing this Greg guy's setup, I'd say try .....wait a second!

I'd also suggest lowering push control or raising drag brake, running more front camber, standing the front shocks up another hole on the tower, increase the rear shock rebound, door slam someone going into the corner (8 wheels always turns harder than 4 ). Any other Type-Rs at your track? What's the track name?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd also suggest lowering push control or raising drag brake, running more front camber, standing the front shocks up another hole on the tower, increase the rear shock rebound, door slam someone going into the corner (8 wheels always turns harder than 4 ). Any other Type-Rs at your track? What's the track name?[/QUOTE]

I am the only losi, when i walked in with it everyone just looked at it and said, WHAT IS THAT? What is the push control? I ran the car and turned lap times as fast or faster than the other fast guys at the track but I know it can get better. Drag brake I allready planned, but should I bother changing the shock oil or just thought about moving out on the rear top shock posision?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am the only losi, when i walked in with it everyone just looked at it and said, WHAT IS THAT? What is the push control? I ran the car and turned lap times as fast or faster than the other fast guys at the track but I know it can get better. Drag brake I allready planned, but should I bother changing the shock oil or just thought about moving out on the rear top shock posision?
Push Control is an adjustment on the Tekin ESCs, and it's exactly the opposite of drag brake. I just assumed everyone had a Tekin now. Sorry!

Stated simply, when dealing with an off power handling issue, try working with the front of the car first, you'll reap the most reward there. The rear end does have an effect on the front end at turn in, but less so than the front suspension. In a nut shell, work with whichever end of the car is compressing first, then move to the other end to fine tune the issue. Moving out on the rear shock tower will have more of an effect on on-power handling than off-power handling, so I'd suggest saving that for later. Try changing stuff up front first because my setup took a good deal of grip OUT of the front to deal with traction rolling at Horsham. If you're not flipping yet, add some camber, stand the shocks up, etc.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Greg, btw nice name, that makes more sense as i don't really want to lose any rear grip by gaining front. I'll try standing the front shock up first and then take the kickup out if it still needs more turnin. I am running speed passion setup with the new software, thinking of picking up a novak ballistic tonight though. One guy has a tekin at our track, but with the small size of the track was not able to use the turbo function. I am considering a tekin if I stay with the losi because of the size mostly. I'll keep you posted on the results of the race tonight. Thanks, Greg.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Thanks Greg, btw nice name, that makes more sense as i don't really want to lose any rear grip by gaining front. I'll try standing the front shock up first and then take the kickup out if it still needs more turnin. I am running speed passion setup with the new software, thinking of picking up a novak ballistic tonight though. One guy has a tekin at our track, but with the small size of the track was not able to use the turbo function. I am considering a tekin if I stay with the losi because of the size mostly. I'll keep you posted on the results of the race tonight. Thanks, Greg.
You could also swap out the JR link for a standard ballstud setup, this should provide a bit more initial turnin.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

does losi thing of a new onroad sedan car?

the type r is like 3-4 years old if not more !!!

I had one and sold it last year (track closed)

However, track will open soon and I need to get a new car and I will probably get a losi type r (again !!!!)

BUT if losi are going to get a new car soon, I will wait.

THANKS
Old 02-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximebeauvais
does losi thing of a new onroad sedan car?

the type r is like 3-4 years old if not more !!!

I had one and sold it last year (track closed)

However, track will open soon and I need to get a new car and I will probably get a losi type r (again !!!!)

BUT if losi are going to get a new car soon, I will wait.

THANKS
It's not that old, and no there is nothing to indicate a new car.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

thanks for the fast reply.

losi all the way
Old 02-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i have talked with greg alot about things.as for set-up also depends on traction.like horsham has mad traction...dont know if the place you run at is as high.anyways i have found some simple things to do which include standing the front shocks up.spring rates....go down one softer spring in the front and back.i have noticed running a thicker spring in the year keeps it from coming around.softer allows a rear end steering.droop also will help with the car overall roll and how it feels.try running like 2mm over ride height in the front and 2.5mm over ride height in the back.this also should allow for more entry...and again this is things i have worked with and felt that it worked for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.