Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 AM
  #11416  
Tech Regular
 
TC3MIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Woodbury, PA
Posts: 373
Default

Originally Posted by morris View Post
mike,
get that losi car ready and bring it to richfield friday.pm me if ya need any details.
Whats the distance from your house to the track? I would love to go and run 13.5 foam but it might be a little too far for me since I drive a V8 4X4 now.
TC3MIKE is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 01:22 PM
  #11417  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys here is a pic of Greg's hulk it's not only the color, but the machine is total decked out by BMI carbon that makes a total package very unique and beautiful, you have to see it for yourself to beilive it, my picture dosne't cover enough of it.

da john wee
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-gregs_hulk.jpg  

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-03-2010 at 02:07 PM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
  #11418  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

that looks really nice.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 PM
  #11419  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,721
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

yea that does look pretty pimp....lol
morris is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:51 PM
  #11420  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Setup help?

I just got a type-r and i'm racing it tommoro for the first time. I race 17.5 rubber on a small tight highbite carpet track, I put greg sharpes setup on it to start with except for the shock oil i used 40/f and 35/r ( I didn't have any 50 and it's been about 45-50 degrees inside the building at our track). I made a few practice laps today and the car is very good except for alittle off power push entering the corner, any suggestions? Running jaco blues with jack the gripper only on our track.
Gwoodrc is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
  #11421  
Administrator
iTrader: (26)
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,559
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
I just got a type-r and i'm racing it tommoro for the first time. I race 17.5 rubber on a small tight highbite carpet track, I put greg sharpes setup on it to start with except for the shock oil i used 40/f and 35/r ( I didn't have any 50 and it's been about 45-50 degrees inside the building at our track). I made a few practice laps today and the car is very good except for alittle off power push entering the corner, any suggestions? Running jaco blues with jack the gripper only on our track.

without knowing gregs setup, try 30 wt oil in the rear
Matt M. is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:04 PM
  #11422  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...jumping stuff
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
I just got a type-r and i'm racing it tommoro for the first time. I race 17.5 rubber on a small tight highbite carpet track, I put greg sharpes setup on it to start with except for the shock oil i used 40/f and 35/r ( I didn't have any 50 and it's been about 45-50 degrees inside the building at our track). I made a few practice laps today and the car is very good except for alittle off power push entering the corner, any suggestions? Running jaco blues with jack the gripper only on our track.
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
without knowing gregs setup, try 30 wt oil in the rear
Yeah, without knowing this Greg guy's setup, I'd say try .....wait a second!

I'd also suggest lowering push control or raising drag brake, running more front camber, standing the front shocks up another hole on the tower, increase the rear shock rebound, door slam someone going into the corner (8 wheels always turns harder than 4 ). Any other Type-Rs at your track? What's the track name?
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 PM
  #11423  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

I'd also suggest lowering push control or raising drag brake, running more front camber, standing the front shocks up another hole on the tower, increase the rear shock rebound, door slam someone going into the corner (8 wheels always turns harder than 4 ). Any other Type-Rs at your track? What's the track name?[/QUOTE]

I am the only losi, when i walked in with it everyone just looked at it and said, WHAT IS THAT? What is the push control? I ran the car and turned lap times as fast or faster than the other fast guys at the track but I know it can get better. Drag brake I allready planned, but should I bother changing the shock oil or just thought about moving out on the rear top shock posision?
Gwoodrc is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 PM
  #11424  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...jumping stuff
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
I am the only losi, when i walked in with it everyone just looked at it and said, WHAT IS THAT? What is the push control? I ran the car and turned lap times as fast or faster than the other fast guys at the track but I know it can get better. Drag brake I allready planned, but should I bother changing the shock oil or just thought about moving out on the rear top shock posision?
Push Control is an adjustment on the Tekin ESCs, and it's exactly the opposite of drag brake. I just assumed everyone had a Tekin now. Sorry!

Stated simply, when dealing with an off power handling issue, try working with the front of the car first, you'll reap the most reward there. The rear end does have an effect on the front end at turn in, but less so than the front suspension. In a nut shell, work with whichever end of the car is compressing first, then move to the other end to fine tune the issue. Moving out on the rear shock tower will have more of an effect on on-power handling than off-power handling, so I'd suggest saving that for later. Try changing stuff up front first because my setup took a good deal of grip OUT of the front to deal with traction rolling at Horsham. If you're not flipping yet, add some camber, stand the shocks up, etc.
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 AM
  #11425  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Greg, btw nice name, that makes more sense as i don't really want to lose any rear grip by gaining front. I'll try standing the front shock up first and then take the kickup out if it still needs more turnin. I am running speed passion setup with the new software, thinking of picking up a novak ballistic tonight though. One guy has a tekin at our track, but with the small size of the track was not able to use the turbo function. I am considering a tekin if I stay with the losi because of the size mostly. I'll keep you posted on the results of the race tonight. Thanks, Greg.
Gwoodrc is offline  
Old 02-04-2010, 06:25 AM
  #11426  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
Thanks Greg, btw nice name, that makes more sense as i don't really want to lose any rear grip by gaining front. I'll try standing the front shock up first and then take the kickup out if it still needs more turnin. I am running speed passion setup with the new software, thinking of picking up a novak ballistic tonight though. One guy has a tekin at our track, but with the small size of the track was not able to use the turbo function. I am considering a tekin if I stay with the losi because of the size mostly. I'll keep you posted on the results of the race tonight. Thanks, Greg.
You could also swap out the JR link for a standard ballstud setup, this should provide a bit more initial turnin.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 AM
  #11427  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
maximebeauvais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gatineau, QC, Canada (beside Ottawa)
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

does losi thing of a new onroad sedan car?

the type r is like 3-4 years old if not more !!!

I had one and sold it last year (track closed)

However, track will open soon and I need to get a new car and I will probably get a losi type r (again !!!!)

BUT if losi are going to get a new car soon, I will wait.

THANKS
maximebeauvais is offline  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:14 AM
  #11428  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maximebeauvais View Post
does losi thing of a new onroad sedan car?

the type r is like 3-4 years old if not more !!!

I had one and sold it last year (track closed)

However, track will open soon and I need to get a new car and I will probably get a losi type r (again !!!!)

BUT if losi are going to get a new car soon, I will wait.

THANKS
It's not that old, and no there is nothing to indicate a new car.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 AM
  #11429  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
maximebeauvais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gatineau, QC, Canada (beside Ottawa)
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

thanks for the fast reply.

losi all the way
maximebeauvais is offline  
Old 02-04-2010, 10:25 AM
  #11430  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,721
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
Thanks Greg, btw nice name, that makes more sense as i don't really want to lose any rear grip by gaining front. I'll try standing the front shock up first and then take the kickup out if it still needs more turnin. I am running speed passion setup with the new software, thinking of picking up a novak ballistic tonight though. One guy has a tekin at our track, but with the small size of the track was not able to use the turbo function. I am considering a tekin if I stay with the losi because of the size mostly. I'll keep you posted on the results of the race tonight. Thanks, Greg.
i have talked with greg alot about things.as for set-up also depends on traction.like horsham has mad traction...dont know if the place you run at is as high.anyways i have found some simple things to do which include standing the front shocks up.spring rates....go down one softer spring in the front and back.i have noticed running a thicker spring in the year keeps it from coming around.softer allows a rear end steering.droop also will help with the car overall roll and how it feels.try running like 2mm over ride height in the front and 2.5mm over ride height in the back.this also should allow for more entry...and again this is things i have worked with and felt that it worked for me.
morris is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.