Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 12-28-2009, 09:40 PM
  #11191  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
metalracer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,548
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Nope not yet, standing at the door waiting for the mailman though. We should have them very very soon!
OK let me know when they are in i want one. if you can hold one for me. thanks
metalracer2 is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 04:22 AM
  #11192  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mugen10 View Post

Dragonfire, That is good to know about the wear of the car. I am very happy with the Jrxs R. I like to try different cars every year so as spring come near I will weigh all the brands out. The 416X looks good and is fast on asphalt but not sure if it is the car to go for carpet. I know you can buy the battery tray that makes it stiffer and maybe a chassis. That is alot to spend to make it carpet ready.
If you want an asphalt and carpet car th T3 should be a safe bet. The tamiya is designed purely for aspahlt rubber but is effective on other surfaces. Its just the lack of durability that turns me away from Tamiya kits, especially when the top kits cost so much.
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 05:07 AM
  #11193  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Mugen10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
If you want an asphalt and carpet car th T3 should be a safe bet. The tamiya is designed purely for aspahlt rubber but is effective on other surfaces. Its just the lack of durability that turns me away from Tamiya kits, especially when the top kits cost so much.
For the most part I have been reading the car is not the best for carpet. It was the thin chassis that has been the big factor that keeps me away.
The Losi has done very well for me this year for carpet rubber. I have found a very sweet spot for the best lap times. Finding another car that can come close to the performance of the losi will be very difficult.
Mugen10 is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 05:56 AM
  #11194  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mugen10 View Post
For the most part I have been reading the car is not the best for carpet. It was the thin chassis that has been the big factor that keeps me away.
The Losi has done very well for me this year for carpet rubber. I have found a very sweet spot for the best lap times. Finding another car that can come close to the performance of the losi will be very difficult.
I have been pleasantly surprised by the performance of my losi and I imagine it would take quite a bit to make me even consider another chassis at the moment. It has been fast everywhere I take it. Of particular note was last racemeet. I took my car out for a clubbie with my brother in 17.5 with the new weight limit of 1425g. I had good feel and speed straight away and did one or two minor tweaks for a fast car. My brothers Cyclone however struggled to work with the new weight limit and he spent the entire day trying to get soemwhere near my speed even with the advantage of a faster ESC for that class. At the end of the day I was only slightly slower than the 10.5 guys and miles faster than any of the other 17.5 guys. I believe I would have Q'd 2nd or 3rd in the 10.5 A!
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 10:54 PM
  #11195  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, AB CANADA
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I have a couple of dumb questions for the resident JRXS-R experts

First, when building a slipper spool do you build it just like the diff including the copper washer on the one side and the thrust bearing as well, using the slipper spool pulley?

Second, when one sees a setup with "low roll center + 0.30" what does one use to shim the hinge pin blocks to 0.30? Is there a specific Losi part to do the shimming?

Thanks in advance from JRXS-R Noob!

Cheers,
Mike
Hyper_Mike is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 AM
  #11196  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know if there are 4 degree Aluminum C hubs available for this.
Goggles Paesan is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 05:38 AM
  #11197  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike View Post
I have a couple of dumb questions for the resident JRXS-R experts

First, when building a slipper spool do you build it just like the diff including the copper washer on the one side and the thrust bearing as well, using the slipper spool pulley?

Second, when one sees a setup with "low roll center + 0.30" what does one use to shim the hinge pin blocks to 0.30? Is there a specific Losi part to do the shimming?

Thanks in advance from JRXS-R Noob!

Cheers,
Mike
Yes build the spool as you described.

And yes "Low roll center + 0.30" is using the low roll center blocked shimmed up .30". You can use Losi #4 washers which are .30" think. I think the part number is LOSA6215 but you should confirm.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 10:49 AM
  #11198  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Goggles Paesan View Post
Anyone know if there are 4 degree Aluminum C hubs available for this.
No Mon. if your looking for one cause breaking of EA3 one then just get a Parma ultimate bumper and you should have no problem.

Originally Posted by jkirkwood View Post
Yes build the spool as you described.

And yes "Low roll center + 0.30" is using the low roll center blocked shimmed up .30". You can use Losi #4 washers which are .30" think. I think the part number is LOSA6215 but you should confirm.
LOSA6215 is a correct number.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 12:24 PM
  #11199  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
If you want an asphalt and carpet car th T3 should be a safe bet. The tamiya is designed purely for aspahlt rubber but is effective on other surfaces. Its just the lack of durability that turns me away from Tamiya kits, especially when the top kits cost so much.
I've heard the same about the T3. Apparently it's a pain on carpet.
YmeBP is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
  #11200  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I still think the Losi is the best for all conditions. There maybe a car that shines one one surface or another but the Losi just is there everywhere I go.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
  #11201  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I got my type-R on end of 2008 and had a roller coasting results in early stage

after unlocked few secrets during 2009 season I'm more than confident with my car for a 2010 season both Carpet and the Blacktop

after 10 long years of absent in this hobby I'm truly enjoying racing back with this great machine.

if any one want to join the TC race I strongly recommend a type-R

Had great time with you guys this year on this forum, lets keep this forum on the first page all the time in 2010!

see you all in the A main

happy new year.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 12-30-2009 at 06:48 PM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
  #11202  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,721
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
I got my type-R on end of 2008 and had roller coasting results in early stage

after unlocked few secrets during 2009 season I'm more than confident with my car for a 2010 season both Carpet and the Blacktop

after 10 long years of absent in this hobby I'm truly enjoying racing back with this great machine.

if any one want to join the TC race I strongly recommend a type-R

Had great time with you guys this year on this forum, lets keep this forum on the first page all the time in 2010!

see you all in the A main

happy new year.
im about ready to get into another type-r again.this will be my 4th car and i loved every one of them.
the fellow im getting it from had said that greg sharpe has a set-up on here somewhere for rubber tire on carpet.would like to see if i can find that set-up somewhere.im looking forward to running this chassi again.although with the new weight limit.im just not sure where to go with set-up.cause i have never used lipo in the car.i was basically using haynes rubber tire for carpet on the 2 most recent cars that i have had,although i was using nimh with the car.so if you guys have any input on any updates that would be great.

thx,
matt
morris is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
  #11203  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
I got my type-R on end of 2008 and had a roller coasting results in early stage

after unlocked few secrets during 2009 season I'm more than confident with my car for a 2010 season both Carpet and the Blacktop

after 10 long years of absent in this hobby I'm truly enjoying racing back with this great machine.

if any one want to join the TC race I strongly recommend a type-R

Had great time with you guys this year on this forum, lets keep this forum on the first page all the time in 2010!

see you all in the A main

happy new year.
This has been my thoughts as well. Its a stupid fast car that seems to work anywhere! Its also got great support here in this forum with many fast/exp drivers on every surface.

Have a happy new year fellow Type R owners and many race wins for 2010!
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 11:47 PM
  #11204  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Pablo Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
This has been my thoughts as well. Its a stupid fast car that seems to work anywhere! Its also got great support here in this forum with many fast/exp drivers on every surface.

Have a happy new year fellow Type R owners and many race wins for 2010!
My thoughts too.

Happy new year and thanks for the support Flying Fox had had from Type R racers all over the world.
Pablo Diablo is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 04:52 AM
  #11205  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (118)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,231
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
This has been my thoughts as well. Its a stupid fast car that seems to work anywhere! Its also got great support here in this forum with many fast/exp drivers on every surface.

Have a happy new year fellow Type R owners and many race wins for 2010!

Happy New Year to all!
Chris Furman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.