Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 11-25-2009, 09:16 PM
  #11026  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Yeap still using the spool. After spending a few weeks getting use to driving it I don't think I would ever go back.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 PM
  #11027  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jkirkwood View Post
Yeap still using the spool. After spending a few weeks getting use to driving it I don't think I would ever go back.
That sums up what everyone says about spools once they adjust. They give you so much more potential to do fast race times.
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 11-25-2009, 10:09 PM
  #11028  
-J-
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
-J-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 446
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
That sums up what everyone says about spools once they adjust. They give you so much more potential to do fast race times.
Glad I just ordered my Flying Fox spool then. I've also got ceramic nitride bearings and diffs balls in the mail. This car is really coming together nicely.
-J- is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 07:29 AM
  #11029  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (72)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,064
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAnnn...eature=related

Here is the a main at the Fall classis in Texas,i ran 2nf the yellwo and purple car good race i just chocked lol,i was running a flying fox spool i have had no issues with it
steve eaves is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 10:41 PM
  #11030  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
37 RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grand Island,Nebraska
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Well good run exspecially against Dumas!What was he running chassis wise?Your car looked planted and turned real nice!Looks pretty dialed and set-up!
Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAnnn...eature=related

Here is the a main at the Fall classis in Texas,i ran 2nf the yellwo and purple car good race i just chocked lol,i was running a flying fox spool i have had no issues with it
37 RACING is offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:28 PM
  #11031  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
crabboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)
Default

.
crabboy is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 AM
  #11032  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (72)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,064
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 37 RACING View Post
Well good run exspecially against Dumas!What was he running chassis wise?Your car looked planted and turned real nice!Looks pretty dialed and set-up!
The car was better than the driver lol,i believe he was running a Schumacher
steve eaves is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 09:08 AM
  #11033  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
37 RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grand Island,Nebraska
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Well you were making the LOSI look good,nothing to hang your head about!
Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
The car was better than the driver lol,i believe he was running a Schumacher

What is the interchangable from a JRX-S and The JRX-S Type R
I was thinking of buying a regular JRX-S for the parts.What would be usable on a Typr R
A-Arms?
Shocks?
Diiffs?
Castor Blocks
Hub carriers
Etc......
37 RACING is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 09:45 AM
  #11034  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default droop screws breaking off

I keep breaking out the top of the droop screws. It breaks flush with top of arm and I don't have allot of it sticking out the bottom to grab with vise-grips.

How big of a screw can I put in are without hurting the strength of arm or is it just poor material in Losi screws?
billb60 is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 10:25 AM
  #11035  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (72)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,064
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

i believe the ,hubs,c blocks,steering blocks,and shocks are the same everything else is different,dont quote me i have not run the jrxs just the type-r
steve eaves is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 10:32 AM
  #11036  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by billb60 View Post
I keep breaking out the top of the droop screws. It breaks flush with top of arm and I don't have allot of it sticking out the bottom to grab with vise-grips.

How big of a screw can I put in are without hurting the strength of arm or is it just poor material in Losi screws?
How in the world are you breaking the droop screws? Sounds like you need to get 4-40 tap from the hardware store and pre-thread the holes. This will cut a thread, instead of the screw mushing the plastic out of the way and being very tight. Just don't run the tap all the way through. When it starts coming out of the bottom of the arm stop. This will ensure the screw is still a little snug and hold adjustments reliably.
sportpak is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 11:05 AM
  #11037  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
37 RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grand Island,Nebraska
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I see it is a common thing to get rid of those little upper a arms and use links instead!
37 RACING is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:00 PM
  #11038  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 37 RACING View Post
I see it is a common thing to get rid of those little upper a arms and use links instead!
It seems to be the case although it works fine using the JR-link anyway. It has sharper response with a standard link and you can tune it a bit better with spacers unlike the JR which has only 2 settings.

Here are some youtube videos from last weekends EP nats here in oz. I am car No.4 (Green). Not some of my best driving but the car looks great against some of the others with some very nice high speed turn-in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrLpHB1QcVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brcj7BUbOFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-RrNTOMxA

Enjoy.

Last edited by Dragonfire; 11-27-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 01:41 PM
  #11039  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...jumping stuff
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 37 RACING View Post
What is the interchangable from a JRX-S and The JRX-S Type R
I was thinking of buying a regular JRX-S for the parts.What would be usable on a Typr R
A-Arms?
Shocks?
Diiffs?
Castor Blocks
Hub carriers
Etc......
The old car's suspension isn't made from the EA3 material, so you'll be backdating the reliability of your Type-R by using these parts. There are a bunch of little things that transfer over, but I think the old car benefits from having parts from the new car, not necessarily the other way around.
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 02:01 PM
  #11040  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 330
Default

Originally Posted by 37 RACING View Post
Well you were making the LOSI look good,nothing to hang your head about!


What is the interchangable from a JRX-S and The JRX-S Type R
I was thinking of buying a regular JRX-S for the parts.What would be usable on a Typr R
A-Arms?
Shocks?
Diiffs?
Castor Blocks
Hub carriers
Etc......
Shocks

Spindles & carriers

Rear hubs

Most of the bearings

Hinge pins
Fastfreddy74 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.