Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 11-14-2009, 02:57 PM
  #10966  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
MaxRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is interested please send me a PM as I am selling an Airtronics M8 Radio, and Spektrum Pro Series Module.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc_2442.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc_2446.jpg  
MaxRain is offline  
Old 11-14-2009, 11:18 PM
  #10967  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by -J- View Post
Sorry for all the questions, but I just got the car, and am not really familiar with it quite yet. Thanks for all your help.

What parts would I need to rebuild my diffs?

Is the Flying Fox spool (or any spool, just mentioned Flying Fox because I know they make one, and was really happy with my layshaft by them.) worth running in 17.5 rubber on carpet over a traditional diff?

Is it normal to have a little wobble in the pulleys on each side of the layshaft?

Where do you guys order your parts from?



Thanks. Do you have a part number? I've found ones that are 0.165 and 0.06 offset but not 0.065.
I've actually been trying a one way on carpet w/ rubber, the spool is super consistent but i'm trying to get used to running a one way for next summer w/ a one way in my gas car . I run a spool in 17.5 and a one way in 13.5.

Before i started the hobby shop i sued to get my losi parts from www.stormerhobbies.com adn www.losipartshouse.com
YmeBP is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:27 PM
  #10968  
-J-
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
-J-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 446
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

I need to rebuild my diffs. What parts am I going to need to do so?

How is the handling going to differ when running a diff up front, compared to running a one-way or a spool?

Is it normal to have wobble in the pulleys on each side of the layshaft?

Does anyone have a part number for the aluminum hexes in the standard offset?

Thanks again for all the help guys.
-J- is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 08:42 PM
  #10969  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by -J- View Post
I need to rebuild my diffs. What parts am I going to need to do so?

How is the handling going to differ when running a diff up front, compared to running a one-way or a spool?

Is it normal to have wobble in the pulleys on each side of the layshaft?

Does anyone have a part number for the aluminum hexes in the standard offset?

Thanks again for all the help guys.
most of time just a pair of diff ring.

oneway=faster speed on coasting, weak brake.

diff= normal brake, weak pull from hard corners, neutural feeling in driving

sPool=everything diff have and hard excel on corners plus slightly more initial steering.

normal to have that wobble, LOSA9686 for the hexes

hope this help
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:50 AM
  #10970  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Curious. Does the plastic for the type R arms come in graphite or just EA3 material? Thanks.
rainblows is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 05:56 AM
  #10971  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rainblows View Post
Curious. Does the plastic for the type R arms come in graphite or just EA3 material? Thanks.
Just EA3.
Yeti35 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:05 AM
  #10972  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (72)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,064
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

hey guys i just ran the Fall classic in Texas,i have a good rubber tire set up if anyone interested,you can ck out results at www.mikeshobbyshop.com,close racing with mike dumas car was great.
steve eaves is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:51 AM
  #10973  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 472
Default

I need a little help with my gearing I am using a 5.5 motor what gearing should I start with using the stock spur?
Ramyuras is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 AM
  #10974  
jrp
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
hey guys i just ran the Fall classic in Texas,i have a good rubber tire set up if anyone interested,you can ck out results at www.mikeshobbyshop.com,close racing with mike dumas car was great.
post it please
jrp is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
  #10975  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
37 RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grand Island,Nebraska
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Alot of people think the 40c and 50c batteries give you more punch in stock racing.The only problem i have is the JRX-S type R is not real lipo friendley!Does anyone know who makes a 40c or 50c battery that will fit without hacking the car up.
37 RACING is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
  #10976  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 37 RACING View Post
Alot of people think the 40c and 50c batteries give you more punch in stock racing.The only problem i have is the JRX-S type R is not real lipo friendley!Does anyone know who makes a 40c or 50c battery that will fit without hacking the car up.
thunder power or fantom 40c, both packs are manufactured by same company anyway.

I dont know bout 40-50c makes car goes faster on 13.5-17.5 racing.
10.5 maybe.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
  #10977  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
37 RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grand Island,Nebraska
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

The 5000c fantoms will fit?I tried the protec 35 c and would not fit in my jrxs-r,i don't have the layshaft gonna order one this week!I was talking with a few racers that are front runners and the said they picked up .5 to 1sec depending on who you talked to and in onroad racing sometimes a .5 sec is alot when you race with a group who don't make many mistakes!
37 RACING is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:25 AM
  #10978  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 37 RACING View Post
The 5000c fantoms will fit?I tried the protec 35 c and would not fit in my jrxs-r,i don't have the layshaft gonna order one this week!I was talking with a few racers that are front runners and the said they picked up .5 to 1sec depending on who you talked to and in onroad racing sometimes a .5 sec is alot when you race with a group who don't make many mistakes!
5000 40c fantom fits

picked up 0.5 on what? changing battery? 0.5 /lap is huge in no matter what
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:31 AM
  #10979  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
37 RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grand Island,Nebraska
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Yes,just bye changing battery.They said it was like going fom a 13.5 to a 10.5
37 RACING is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
  #10980  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 37 RACING View Post
Yes,just bye changing battery.
in 13.5-17.5 stock racing picking up 0.5/lap? just by switching to 40c battery? hmmmm sounds like some one try to sell something to you.

btw what is da lap times on your track?
SweepRacingUSA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.