Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 08-02-2009, 06:18 AM
  #10021  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have always liked the look of the GM but have heard mixed feelings about it from drivers and the importer and also the weight is quite high. Here in oz there is talk of a low weight limit for next year (1425g) which will make balancing the chassis on rubber tyres difficult with my current gear. For that reason I am looking at changing ESC and servo to recover enough weight for better balance until a better chassis layout is ready. This is something to be wary of with a speedy that weights almost 100g without wires!

Finally got to watch that vid and it looks like he was having a ball! Kinda like a mod car in a 10.5 field! I can understand parts of his setup when you hear the tyre noise! There was an incredible amount of grip on that track.
Dragonfire is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 06:46 AM
  #10022  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Kajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 380
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yes, weighth is a disadvantage, 95g with wires is quite a lot. But what one can do...
Anyway, JRXS looks great on track.
Kajman is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 12:03 PM
  #10023  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

1. Groskamp Jilles - Tamiya/Speedpassion - 2 pts
2. Rheinard Marc - Tamiya/Speedpassion - 4
3. Völker Ronald - Yokomo/LRP - 4
4. Hönigl Hubert - Tamiya/LRP - 7
5. Wilck Viktor - Tamiya/Speedpassion - 8
6. Prümper Yannic - Tamiya/Speedpassion - 9
7. Graversen Steen - Kyosho/Team Orion - 12
8. Krapp Christopher - Kyosho/Team Orion - 13
9. Urbain Lucas - Losi/GM Racing - 13
10.Hagberg Alexander - Xray/LRP - 15
MikeXray is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 12:49 PM
  #10024  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,369
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default LCD pin falling out

Hey guys

Recently im having a problem keeping my lcd's together. I thought all i needed was some new ones since the current ones had lots of use on them. I replaced both parts and also the parts that hold them together. I got 2 runs and the pin came out again. Has anyone else had this problem? Are you using better shrink tubing? Any other ideas what could be causing this?
nitrobeast is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 01:07 PM
  #10025  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
1. Groskamp Jilles - Tamiya/Speedpassion - 2 pts
2. Rheinard Marc - Tamiya/Speedpassion - 4
3. Völker Ronald - Yokomo/LRP - 4
4. Hönigl Hubert - Tamiya/LRP - 7
5. Wilck Viktor - Tamiya/Speedpassion - 8
6. Prümper Yannic - Tamiya/Speedpassion - 9
7. Graversen Steen - Kyosho/Team Orion - 12
8. Krapp Christopher - Kyosho/Team Orion - 13
9. Urbain Lucas - Losi/GM Racing - 13
10.Hagberg Alexander - Xray/LRP - 15

Is that Urbain Lucas tire came off at 2nd lap of 3rd leg?

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 08-02-2009 at 01:39 PM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 02:47 PM
  #10026  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Hey guys

Recently im having a problem keeping my lcd's together. I thought all i needed was some new ones since the current ones had lots of use on them. I replaced both parts and also the parts that hold them together. I got 2 runs and the pin came out again. Has anyone else had this problem? Are you using better shrink tubing? Any other ideas what could be causing this?
did that pin puncture through the shrink wrap? how that pin went through?
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 02:50 PM
  #10027  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,909
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
Is that Urbain Lucas tire came off at 2nd lap of 3rd leg?
Looks like it: posted from the official scorring site.

He was 7th the first heat, 6th the second and 8th with a breakdown on the 3rd running only 9 laps. Total time put him down to 9th.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 03:19 PM
  #10028  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,369
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
did that pin puncture through the shrink wrap? how that pin went through?
No puncture signs, just falling out.
nitrobeast is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 03:36 PM
  #10029  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
No puncture signs, just falling out.
Makes me think you are using too short of shrink wrap. Cut your shrink wrap longer and let it shrink over the edge of collar and then using a hobby knife to trip it right at the edge.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 03:53 PM
  #10030  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jkirkwood View Post
Makes me think you are using too short of shrink wrap. Cut your shrink wrap longer and let it shrink over the edge of collar and then using a hobby knife to trip it right at the edge.

I agree, or shrink wrap didnt shrinked enough and it shakes around?

in other hand if a shrink is too long it will bind ball bearing shield or it can cause broken castor block.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 04:11 PM
  #10031  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Make sure you are using the correct size pin. I thought I broke another joint piece because of the spool, but it turned out I accidently put a wheel hex pin in it and was too short. Lasted a couple weeks before it fell out.
JoelV is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 04:55 PM
  #10032  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (267)
 
-WHEELMAN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 4,507
Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)
Default

Hey guys I got some SMC 40c hard pack lipos and they don't fit the lipo tray. They are barely too big to fit inside the lip. Does any one use thee and have any tricks? What lipos are you guys using that do fit?
-WHEELMAN- is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 04:57 PM
  #10033  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,358
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
Hey guys I got some SMC 40c hard pack lipos and they don't fit the lipo tray. They are barely too big to fit inside the lip. Does any one use thee and have any tricks? What lipos are you guys using that do fit?
thunder powers are a perfect fit
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 05:04 PM
  #10034  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (124)
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,050
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
Hey guys I got some SMC 40c hard pack lipos and they don't fit the lipo tray. They are barely too big to fit inside the lip. Does any one use thee and have any tricks? What lipos are you guys using that do fit?
I'm using the smc 40cs and I had to break out the dremel and get the www.FlyingFoxRC.com layshaft so the pullys are spaced out more.
vr6cj is offline  
Old 08-02-2009, 05:16 PM
  #10035  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
I agree, or shrink wrap didnt shrinked enough and it shakes around?

in other hand if a shrink is too long it will bind ball bearing shield or it can cause broken castor block.
yeah you diffidently want it short enough not to cause problems.
jkirkwood is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.