Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
Jason Schreffler
Larry Fairtrace
Dave Graboski
Matt Howard
Dave Johnson

Sounds like enough to have plenty of support.
yeah that's plenty of support
not a lot of people run the losi type r out here in CA.
it seams like I'm the only one half the time
Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
You also forgot the fact that I believe it turned fast lap of weekend in Pro foam (Larry Fairtrace) and TQed Pro Foam (Me) and had a good shot at winning the main against Josh provided L.O.F.T. didn't kick in.

I wouldn't worry so much about the car guys. It's not going anywhere and Lipo just made it even better. The greatest part is that we haven't had to change setups much from what we ran the previous year with NIMH/Brushed.

Can't wait for Snowbirds.
it aslo won 13.5 at this years novak race
Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There is only 3 of us here in UT that run it and we all do quite well with it against the Xrays and Corallys here. I am content with the car and have no desire to try anything else. As long as you have great support from guys like Shreffler, Fairtrace and Haynes, what more could you ask for.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
But i'd be swapping the positions of the rear aluminum bulkheads as well so the motor would be mounted the other way .... hmmm would it have to spin in reverse rotation?

hmmmm

Oh wel it was an idea . .. someone here has to have a one way they aren't using or an old one that is in o.k. condition .... hook a brother up .

The motor mount is not flat though. The mounting surface for the motor is recessed, so if you try to switch sides the motor will really hang off to the right. Additionally, the bearings for the layshaft will not have anything to hold them in, because the pulleys will be on the outside.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

any of you guys going to try and go to the reedy race out here in CA?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
The motor mount is not flat though. The mounting surface for the motor is recessed, so if you try to switch sides the motor will really hang off to the right. Additionally, the bearings for the layshaft will not have anything to hold them in, because the pulleys will be on the outside.
And the grooves for the diff holder would now be on the outside.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Guys,

I live in Melbourne, Australia and I've just ordered a Type-R kit. Parts support is virtually non-existant over here so I want to keep a few of the more commonly broken spares available. I will be racing on an asphalt track which has boards (so it's reasonably tough on cars) and plan to race in superstock, with a 10.5 T brushless.

I have just ordered a spare pair of front and rear arms, front and rear hubs/carriers etc & spare front and rear drive belt. What else should I be ordering to keep me going on race night in the event of a breakage/failure? Are the driveshafts / outdrives etc prone to breakage, or is the car tough in general?

Apologies for not trawling through all of the 300 pages on this thread...I was hoping someone could summarise for me!

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old 01-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Wink

Steve,

I've hit some boards with mine and only ever broken a rear hub. Helps if you grind off the excess thread on the axles otherwise they can dig in to the boards and cause some damage. Also the turbuckle are a bit short and can rip out of the ball cups when running a long rear camber link.

I've always received spares in 24hrs from the importers. They have a good service.

Probably worth reading through as many pages as you can as this car responds a little back the front with some setup changes.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE CAR!

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; 01-24-2009 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
Guys,

I live in Melbourne, Australia and I've just ordered a Type-R kit. Parts support is virtually non-existant over here so I want to keep a few of the more commonly broken spares available. I will be racing on an asphalt track which has boards (so it's reasonably tough on cars) and plan to race in superstock, with a 10.5 T brushless.

I have just ordered a spare pair of front and rear arms, front and rear hubs/carriers etc & spare front and rear drive belt. What else should I be ordering to keep me going on race night in the event of a breakage/failure? Are the driveshafts / outdrives etc prone to breakage, or is the car tough in general?

Apologies for not trawling through all of the 300 pages on this thread...I was hoping someone could summarise for me!

Thanks in advance,

Steve
C-hubs for sure,some bearings for the hubs, maybe a few spur gears if you don't get the PRS adapter since the losi spur is unique.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Steve,

Don't forget to get yourself some spare parts for the diff if you race on asphalt. Haven't really broken anything but the occasional arms and rear hubs. As Pablo Diablo said, do remember to grind down the axle threads.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll beat a dead horse here; get those axels cut down!

IMO: you can't have enough castor blocks and rear carriers. It's frustrating that every time I need castor blocks, you get the steering blocks too. I have yet to break a steering block and I probably own 16 of them now! The arms seem tough as I haven't broken one yet. An extra set of body posts isn't a bad idea either for that unexpected ejection from the track...
Old 01-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Guys,

Thankyou for your replys. Sound's like the type-r is pretty sturdy as far as TC's go.

I should have been more specific about parts support...I meant local hobby shops as not that many carry Losi but I'll try the importers when the time comes.

Re: the PRS adaptors, is the JRXS adaptor the same as for the type-r? I'm assuming so but thought it best to ask. Also the PRS website is saying out of stock....anyone know where I can pick up one of these spur gear adaptor suckers?

Thanks again,

Steve
Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Initiate

HI Steve,

if you cant get parts from the importer then order them from losi parts house. takes about 4 or 5 days to get to me here in sydney.

the JRXS PRS adaptor on their website fits the type R, i picked up one a couple of weeks ago. drop them an email to see when more will be available.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Brett. I have emailed PRS and awaiting a reply. I actually ordered some parts from Losi Parts House already so will continue to do so, depending on local availability.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So who's running tha losi car in florida right now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.