Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 12-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Crosson View Post
It's dialed and is the fastest car in on the track, so for our track, it's great. Results from 12/10/08
Yeah...http://www.hobbyplexraceway.com/stan...2012-14-08.pdf
Old 12-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry to come across as boasting. My point it that it's fast, but I was looking for some feedback.
I tried for a YEAR to help you and tutor you and alll you ever did was argue with me the whole time. Jeff, if you would learn one ounce of humility and listen to people that know more than you, you could be very fast. Until then you'll just have to be happy beating 3 people on a wednesday night club race.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Andy Crosson View Post
and little brother Andy with the finishing move
Old 12-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
We tried to give you feedback, then you showed us how u beat 3 people..
Did you look at his times? I don't think that it was that he beat 3 people it was that his laps were about a .3 spread and that the car is really consistant. Looked like he got into some lapped traffic in the closing laps but he ran between 12.4 and about 12.7 for the other 23 laps.

Jeff- take the good with the bad, and give some of those other things a shot that were suggested and go at it again. Maybe it will even tighten up the times. Maybe 12.5 through the whole run.

One question. Are you running Jaco Greens for both classes?

I would suggest a oneway with a 17.5 and 21.5. Just cause the front diff will still give some drag into the corners. A one way will help the car roll the middle and turn in and out of the corners. It might also give you a quicker off the corner trigger. I can see the use of a diff or spool on a tight track but not with those motors. The one way might be faster.

RedRocket
Old 12-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
You beat 3 people
Not lately... I haven't been to the track in over a month. I will make an appearance tomorrow. Not to race though.

I always do better after a break, because I mess around in Forza, Real Race and VRC in between.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Sorry to come across as boasting. My point it that it's fast, but I was looking for some feedback.
I said what I said for a reason, there are many times I go our for practice, car feels awesome, times seem good, then someone else goes out and and is .4ths faster than me, so I have to go back and make the car "work" better. If you beat 3, 5, 10 guys you technically don't need to improve if that's all you ever race. We have a lot of good guys locally, so even if your fast, you're always looking for more, and none of them are running that lightly sprung of a car.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Typically when I copy setups to start with a new car I have to lighten them up because our race tracks around here are typically low turnout and not as much grip as a track that is ran on a few nights a week with lots of entries. When stiffening the car back up the laptimes usually fall off. My suggestion is try stiffening it up but watch your laptimes. Laptimes don't lie.

Speaking of laptimes I wish tracks would put in multiple timing loops so you could get sector times as well as full laptimes.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood View Post
Typically when I copy setups to start with a new car I have to lighten them up because our race tracks around here are typically low turnout and not as much grip as a track that is ran on a few nights a week with lots of entries. When stiffening the car back up the laptimes usually fall off. My suggestion is try stiffening it up but watch your laptimes. Laptimes don't lie.

Speaking of laptimes I wish tracks would put in multiple timing loops so you could get sector times as well as full laptimes.
the problem with that is each loop would require another decoder and a software to keep track of it, not impossible, but not cheap.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
Not lately... I haven't been to the track in over a month. I will make an appearance tomorrow. Not to race though.

I always do better after a break, because I mess around in Forza, Real Race and VRC in between.
then I should say you beat 0 people

no show @ track, no right to speak !

Old 12-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
the problem with that is each loop would require another decoder and a software to keep track of it, not impossible, but not cheap.
I think I know why he want that

one day I was faster than Joey on 1 part of track and Joey was faster on the other side...

drove me nut!!

finally I crashed in to him on my faster part of the track just to end up ruined our run.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 12-20-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not talking about the other people. It's not my fault there were three other people. It was an example of one of my best runs, and it's very fast. If I get a great run, but there's only a few people there, that doesn't matter; I'm talking about how fast my car was, and I'm comparing it runs gotten on other race days, and there you could still say it's in the Top 3. Only a few people here (RedRocketRacing - thank you) got my point - that was one of my best runs - and if you compare it to all of the runs on the track on different weeks, it's very fast. Take a look.

So, back to what we were talking about. When big races come around or when the traction comes up, I put stiffer springs. After a big race at our track, and when we went back to normal racing, I kept the 15 and 17.5 on and the car felt "floaty," like said before. But when I put the slightly springs back on. The car wgrip great - front and rear. It a lot of steering, but not too much to make it loose. I always try knew things almost every week (like what Matt Howard says), and have found the these springs somehow make it handle good. It also seems like many other people at our track run soft springs too, so I guess our track is just like that.

Last edited by Jeff Crosson; 12-20-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mike Haynes and Larry Fairtrace going at it in 17.5T Rubber Tire - December 7 - ROAR Region 1 Carpet Champs:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
I think I know why he want that

one day I was faster than Joey on 1 part of track and Joey was faster on the other side...

drove me nut!!

finally I crashed in to him on my faster part of the track just to end up ruined our run.
thanks hack, JK... hope to be out there soon...
Old 12-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

John Lee gets membership into Team Hackasaurus with me, Sean, Alberto, and Chris H. Alberto and Chris H really aren't official members, but they meet the requirements, so I count them as in.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

grow up steve!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.